indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
At this point from what I've seen of the leaks, the main deal breaker would be price. I don't buy expensive new vehicles. I'd be looking at fun and utility in a base model. The other possible deal breaker, hate to bring it up, is if the IFS is no good in terms of travel and slow speed trail driving. But I'm thinking it will be ok. Other than the delay - I have good vibes about the new Bronco.
Sponsored

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

-No plug in-hybrid
-Availability gets pushed to late 2021 or later
-Auto market collapses and cars are "affordable" again; in that case I can't pass up a good deal

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has to have an interior at least as nice as an Explorer ST.
Have a hard removable roof like the Wrangler.
Price
Available to purchase by early 21.
No high end audio

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
2.7 min engine in a no frills version (SE trim if fine, just like I got a 2.0 escape and 2.7 fusions,
with no "titanium" trims or other added options). Otherwise, I'll buy used at some point.........

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If my wife doesn’t like it. It would be a 3rd vehilce(toy), and i’m not giving up a full size truck for one.

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A manual gearbox would be the ultimate dealbreaker. I've driven manuals my entire life and shifting manually is so boring and annoying. Little girls, men and the elderly drive manuals(over here) so it is not like it makes you special, competent or anything either. Ford should just skip making a manual alltogether.
Don't worry, sweetheart. You'll get your auto.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, let’s say they finally reveal the 2021 Bronco someday and all the specs and pictures and all the details we’ve been waiting for. What’s your dealbreaker, the thing that they’ve done to it or the standard item that you can’t live with and will just walk away?

I’ll go first. If this thing comes with an automatic transmission only I’m out. The only way I would even consider a Bronco with an auto is if it were a electric hybrid. If it has an auto/ICE only, I’ll just keep my V8 Bronco II and dump some more money into it.

Of course price is a consideration but I don’t think it will be outrageous overall.
I expect a hybrid and plug in hybrid in the near future. Maybe 2023 model? Ford has stated they want plug in hybrids on every vehicle by 2030 I think? So it would make sense.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Transmission... Must have a manual option!
From what I've seen, they've covered every other "must have" base for me, so it just comes down to the transmission (and how its offered).

Now I expect others like "FirstOnRaceDay" to vomit up a bunch of crap like automatics are stronger, more durable, more fuel effiecient,... and people don't buy manuals. And that's fine for someone who drives a Crown Vic, but I truly enjoy a manual transmission and would even pay extra for a less efficient, reliable, weaker transmission that I enjoy driving.

HOWEVER, it can't be significantly derated. It can't be on base model engine. It can't be on stripped down models only.

Bronco should be about the experience, and one of my favorite driving experiences is control of the transmission.
hehe. Facts are facts about autos but I agree with you. Manuals are more fun to drive (most of the time). I use to drive a 94 Chevy 454 4 speed. BLAST to drive until your in traffic and an asshat won’t get off your ass. And hill starting with a floor parking brake suuucks.

but like I said. Manual will probably only be on the super base trim and top end “raptor” trim. Would love to drive one. But would hate it for daily use.

ps. It’s a Mercury Grand Marquis!! not a fleet Vic!

Last edited:

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm sure that (pre-CV) Ford had their estimated 200,000 annual unit sales segmented....by, for example: 2/4 door, stick/auto, trim level. In fact, it's not unusual to have different internal teams aligned with major product segments; if you worked at Campbells' Soup, you were either on the Chicken & Rice team, Tomato Soup team, etc. In fact, for many years, the proximity of your assigned parking space to the employee entrance was aligned with the sales volume of your particular team.

Post CV, I expect auto makers will be taking baby-steps for awhile. It's gonna take the US economy awhile to revitalize. For Bronco, I wouldn't be surprised if the first model year was exclusively their largest anticipated sales segment.

Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm sure that (pre-CV) Ford had their estimated 200,000 annual unit sales segmented....by, for example: 2/4 door, stick/auto, trim level. In fact, it's not unusual to have different internal teams aligned with major product segments; if you worked at Campbells' Soup, you were either on the Chicken & Rice team, Tomato Soup team, etc. In fact, for many years, the proximity of your assigned parking space to the employee entrance was aligned with the sales volume of your particular team.

Post CV, I expect auto makers will be taking baby-steps for awhile. It's gonna take the US economy awhile to revitalize. For Bronco, I wouldn't be surprised if the first model year was exclusively their largest anticipated sales segment.
Also, let's not forget that the 200,000 number was for Bronco FAMILY vehicles including the Sport. The Bronco itself was always going to be significantly lower than that.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Also, let's not forget that the 200,000 number was for Bronco FAMILY vehicles including the Sport. The Bronco itself was always going to be significantly lower than that.
I was thinking about 120k units each once production was 100%.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Not really a dealbreaker per se, but I'll be bummed if they lock whatever V6 they offer to a certain body style (2 or 4 door only) or trim level. Also if they lock the manual trans to a certain trim level or to a certain engine that'll be a dick move.

If they lock the V6 with the manual to the 4 door in lower trim levels only that would actually be a dealbreaker to me.

Last edited:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If they do that they totally miss the influencers / thought leadership fight against Jeep.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If they do that they totally miss the influencers / thought leadership fight against Jeep
zero inside info here....I'm just speculating P&L will overwhelm all other considerations for awhile
Sponsored