Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Info about ASS (auto start stop): https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a...-to-deactivate-stopstart-systems-temporarily/

Automakers get incentives to do it this way from the Environmental Protection Agency. If the vehicle’s stop/start system is nonlatching and automatically turns on whenever you start the car, the EPA’s fuel-economy test results will be calculated only when the system is engaged. But if a vehicle’s stop/start system can be permanently turned off, then the vehicle’s fuel economy is tested both when stop/start is active and when it’s off. The EPA then averages the two tests for a resulting fuel-economy rating found on the car’s window sticker—which is certain to be lower.
Sponsored

KatieD

Badlands
First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Price would be a dealbreaker I guess. I just don’t want to have to pay more than $40k for a decently spec’d trim.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Price would be a dealbreaker I guess. I just don’t want to have to pay more than $40k for a decently spec’d trim.
That's probably what the Bronco Sport will go for well optioned.

KatieD

Badlands
First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's probably what the Bronco Sport will go for well optioned.
By decently spec’d I mean cloth seats but with a few options. Similar to the wrangler sport s. Maybe with one package added on. Not base, base model.

If the bronco sport is $40k, Ford will be pricing themselves quite a bit above their competitors- a trail hawk compass is $29k, the highest trim is $31k, RAV4 TRD is $35k but Toyota’s seem to be priced very high.?‍♀?‍♀

Aisus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If the Bronco Sport is $40k well optioned then I may have to pass on the Bronco all together. Price is my biggest deal breaker on this and I want to spend at most $40k for a well optioned 2-door, not the Sport.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If the Bronco Sport is $40k well optioned then I may have to pass on the Bronco all together. Price is my biggest deal breaker on this and I want to spend at most $40k for a well optioned 2-door, not the Sport.
They are saying over at Blue Oval that the Bronco Sport will start $3-4k higher than Escape. The Sport won't have an S model as Escape does, so would compare to an SE Escape with minimal options is about $30k. As you move up trim levels the gap should be smaller.

milkmoney111

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTi
Your Bronco Model
Base
Price. I don't need all the bells and whistles. I'm fine with manual roll up windows even. Even when I have the money, I just can't bring myself to justify spending on something excessively overpriced.

Lucas718

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Trail Edition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Deal breaker for me is price. If a 2 door Wrangler Sport equivalent is going to cost me a lot more than an actual Wrangler Sport then I’m out. I’ll buy something else.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Deal breaker for me is price. If a 2 door Wrangler Sport equivalent is going to cost me a lot more than an actual Wrangler Sport then I’m out. I’ll buy something else.
Talk over at Blue Oval suggests Bronco will be priced a little higher than Wrangler. I thought they would undercut by at least $2k. Ford must feel so many want the Bronco, they can get more then Wrangler.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Priced higher on the low end but well featured. And low on the high end to leave money in your pocket for accessories. So at the top end you get something tricked out for the same as a high end stock wrangler. So at that price you end up with more luxury than the jeep, like it has been since the 60s. And no one can try to say that a EB isnt more luxurious than a cj5 no matter if it didnt even come with a passenger seat.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Keep in mind for all y’all budget minded people, an extra few thousand dollars on a vehicle that you can easily keep for 20+ years is basically inconsequential. I’d rather spend that and get a quality product that supports American jobs and an American company. Buy American friends!

If you don’t like that they do basically build the Budget bronco y’all are looking for, it’s called a mahindra Roxor.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Priced higher on the low end but well featured. And low on the high end to leave money in your pocket for accessories. So at the top end you get something tricked out for the same as a high end stock wrangler. So at that price you end up with more luxury than the jeep, like it has been since the 60s. And no one can try to say that a EB isnt more luxurious than a cj5 no matter if it didnt even come with a passenger seat.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My boss tried to trade in a 5 year old kawasaki mule for one. They still wanted 18,000
Keep in mind for all y’all budget minded people, an extra few thousand dollars on a vehicle that you can easily keep for 20+ years is basically inconsequential. I’d rather spend that and get a quality product that supports American jobs and an American company. Buy American friends!

If you don’t like that they do basically build the Budget bronco y’all are looking for, it’s called a mahindra Roxor.

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My understanding is that there won't be a Wrangler Sport equivalent of the Bronco. What I've heard (mostly on these forums) is that the base model Bronco will be closer to the Sport S in pricing.

Lucas718

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Trail Edition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My understanding is that there won't be a Wrangler Sport equivalent of the Bronco. What I've heard (mostly on these forums) is that the base model Bronco will be closer to the Sport S in pricing.
Ah, you’re right. I didn’t even consider the base Sport. I meant Sport S.
Sponsored