Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My paid for $30k rubicon wrangler drives better and better the more I read this thread. I want to retire before I'm dead more than I want a bronco.
Sponsored

FlyingSpaceLlama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Lockheed Blackbird
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This thread hasn't been active for a few weeks so I'll go ahead and bump it a little with my answer to the original question: My absolute, one hundred percent dealbreaker would be the 2.3 EcoBoom as the only engine option. Thankfully it looks like that isn't happening, but for a while there I was worried I was going to have to wait until one came out of warranty and grenaded, then buy it cheap and drop a crate engine in.

PAPA old school

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 bronco. 2018 chevy z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
need an ole sport version man, power nothing. my 2002 F-150 sport barely had power steering and power brakes. v6 stick reg cab rubber floors, tape deck. only 'options' were cloth seats (instead of vinyl) and painted mirrors and bumpers, and a sticker.
make it a v8 and I would be in,

whomst

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine is the build quality. I've test drove many Jeeps including the Gladiator and I just can't get over how abysmal it feels. I am not paying $35k+ on something that feels the way a Jeep does. I need the Bronco to care more about the build quality and materials while still remaining quite rugged.

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

given what we know so far, price is likely the only deal breaker, I’ve got a pretty firm budget, so as long as I can get all my “must haves” under that number

thankfully it looks like all my must haves will be on the base, and (hopefully low cost) options available on the base

(my must haves are AC, android auto, removable hardtop, turbocharged motor, and trailer hookups).

Sponsored

ggabriele3

First Name
Guido
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E70 X5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My concerns are (1) price and (2) interior space.

what I loved most about my 96 was that the interior had so much empty space. I worry the new one will be like modern SUVs, with consoles and panels and crap taking up all the space.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

what I loved most about my 96 was that the interior had so much empty space. I worry the new one will be like modern SUVs, with consoles and panels and crap taking up all the space.
Go sit in a Jeep and 4Runner. It's likely to be somewhere in between those two.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Yesterday I had 4 loads of laundry, 16 gallons of drinking water, cart full of groceries from safeway, a cart 3/4 full of junk from walmart, my recovery bag, tool bag. beach umbrella, and my hammock bag, all inside my 96 cruising sipping on ice cold drinks from the fridge I put between the front seats. Then on the way home my coconut guy called me and met him by a gulch and threw 20 coconuts still on the racks in the back with everything else. That thing can fit more than I care to unload. Its easily the 2nd or 3rd best offroader out of 8 in our valley.

I also dont qualify it as a minivan grocery getter because I go offroad to get groceries. Crossovers dont make it down our driveway, Except our Eagle but it has swampers on it.

But yeah i need a bronco that can go offroad and haul stuff. Hoping the 4 door will make it. I just dont like looking like a parent. I guess 35" tires will have to make up for that.

Chaos_273

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m definitely in for the 4-door. Two kids under 6 make that a necessity, plus I’m coming from a crew cab truck and just can’t live with the 2-door space.

Only dealbreaker for me is if something doesn’t click with the style. I’ve wanted a bronco for 20 years now, and by god I’ll get one unless it just doesn’t look right to me.

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Price wise $45k for a decently equipped model is in line with a 4runner / Jeep no?

Deal breaker for me would be drivers space. Im 6’7” and the only reason I dont own a JL already is the space.

Sponsored

Dave2002ti

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just 1 thing....
Price
For me if the rear seats dont fold flat and give me at flat floor for dog crates. It why I purchased my 2012 Grand Cherokee. No I dont want to build a platform. It why I bought the Grand Cherokke instead of 2012 JKU Rubicon

Dave Apker

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't want to jinx myself, so not gonna say

Though other than that, everything looks good

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a Honda Element and I love the extra room, its very spacious, so I know what you mean.

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I reserved the DB, but I also have the cyber truck on reserve, so most likely I will lease my DB
Sponsored