First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 bronco. 2018 chevy z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
The windshield drop only gets bugs in my teeth, lol I have never dropped the windshield on a car or truck yet. you need to travel south AR (rice paddy area) during bug season and you will never need that option.
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not sure why people are complaining about the hill assist. If you know how to drive a manual you won't even notice it.
Its just a complaint about added complexity, and the probability of overall future failures. I just remember automatic seatbelts and the hell those created. I even remember people selling thing to lock em in place when they break and the jankyness of all that.

Its just something i will have to deal with if i go with a new vehicle. I dont even like fuel injected vehicles, sensors are the devil.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not sure why people are complaining about the hill assist. If you know how to drive a manual you won't even notice it.
Yeah, some on the forum just insist they must have a manual and now everyone (the same people?) must have hill assist. If a manual is really that important to you I would assume you were capable of driving it properly with out automated assistance.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The windshield drop only gets bugs in my teeth, lol I have never dropped the windshield on a car or truck yet. you need to travel south AR (rice paddy area) during bug season and you will never need that option.
Right.

I’ve had the ability to fold my windshield down since 2008. Never done it. Not sure why I would. Read that on a JK you get leaks a wind noise when you put it back up because it aligns differently. (I have wind noise anyway.)

Apparently is is quicker and easier on a JL or JT, so maybe I would (on the beach maybe) if I had one, but I don’t think so.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Pretty much confirmed time and time again that the Bronco will not get a folding windshield.

Also, if you have ABS, you have everything needed for hill assist. It's just software. There's nothing "extra" that's going to "break."

Sponsored

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, some on the forum just insist they must have a manual and now everyone (the same people?) must have hill assist. If a manual is really that important to you I would assume you were capable of driving it properly with out automated assistance.
If a manual is offered it might be some folks first manual vehicle. They'll see a benefit.

Like Frinesi2 said...Hill start assist is just software. The vehicle senses you're on a hill and holds the brakes after you release your foot until you're in gear and releasing the clutch moving forward. If you know how to drive stick you'll be off and away without even noticing it. It's pretty seemless. Now that I think about it.... it'll be even handier on an off-road vehicle than a normal street car. Especially for new off-roaders.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
If a manual is offered it might be some folks first manual vehicle. They'll see a benefit.

Like Frinesi2 said...Hill start assist is just software. The vehicle senses you're on a hill and holds the brakes after you release your foot until you're in gear and releasing the clutch moving forward. If you know how to drive stick you'll be off and away without even noticing it. It's pretty seemless. Now that I think about it.... it'll be even handier on an off-road vehicle than a normal street car. Especially for new off-roaders.
I have hill assist and brake hold (where are the brakes stay on when I let off the brakes after I come to a complete stop ) on my CVT Honda Civic. Never even notice it.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Right.

I’ve had the ability to fold my windshield down since 2008. Never done it. Not sure why I would. Read that on a JK you get leaks a wind noise when you put it back up because it aligns differently. (I have wind noise anyway.)

Apparently is is quicker and easier on a JL or JT, so maybe I would (on the beach maybe) if I had one, but I don’t think so.
Half the offroading we have here in hawaii is beaches. But on my old jeeps i would put it down, for sunset chills, drivein movies, really anytime i already have the top down and am gonna be sitting around for a while. I also put it down everytime i go wheeling somewhere and mud gets on the windshield thick enough to carry rocks or sediment cause you cant use your wipers or youll scratch you window. Its really great on low speed trail riding.

But i do understand that it is harder on engineers to make something to meet aero standards of the day.

Also came up with a new dealreaker. Drain holes in the floor and hose out ability. I may not get it very dirty till i pay it off but I will someday.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Also came up with a new dealreaker. Drain holes in the floor and hose out ability. I may not get it very dirty till i pay it off but I will someday.
I'm hoping they don't for the on road versions. I'd like to see carpet with carpeted logo mats. Also, memory power seat. Jeep seems to produce everything 1 way (example Wrangler & Gladiator doors) to save money. I hope Ford doesn't cheap out on details.

Sponsored

Chadillac

Base
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think hill start assist would be nice feature in addition to a hand brake. Especially for boat ramps. I would place a 4x4 post behind the rear wheels on our old 5 speed ranger to keep it from rolling when taking the boat out. (No hand brake there)

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think hill start assist would be nice feature in addition to a hand brake. Especially for boat ramps. I would place a 4x4 post behind the rear wheels on our old 5 speed ranger to keep it from rolling when taking the boat out. (No hand brake there)
I would LOVE. A hand brake. But I am willing to put money down that the bronco will have a button activated electric parking brake. Absolutely useless excluding parking.

no hill start or burn outs or drifts. Just parking
(Which you SHOULD be using every time you park no just manuals but autos too)

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Turning off hill start assist was the first thing i did to my mustang., shortly followed by a Steeda clutch spring and perch. It made my manual great again.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Eh - I was as just driving with the top off the JK at night, looking over the hood and thinking how different the Bronco hood profile will be with the raised edges and canoe tie downs, and how much that profile reminds me of dad’s. Ford is really going to have missed their mark on the on-road vs off-road suv chart to lose me. It’s really a question of next vehicle or the one after?
Sponsored