Sponsored

Aisus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah I think I'm a 2024 buyer for that reason too. My current truck is needing to be replaced, was looking at spring 2021 tops which I now think I'll get a Ranger and then wait for the Bronco as I too would love the Raptor version (whatever trim level that may be). And in that process pick up a nice new 2019/2020 Ranger for a heck of a price.
Sponsored

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Price shouldn't be more than a similar equipped Jeep.
Has to have a manual transmission,
colors are worrying me,
has to have a place for a winch and second battery
The interior needs to be weather proof , rubber mat no carpet
No 2 door
Not seeing it and it not being available, my old 150 needs to be replaced. Now.
That’s my concern. I think the Jeep is ridiculously overpriced.

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The delay has already made it a deal-breaker for me. My Explorer lease is up in November and even though I had intended to replace it with a Bronco, that is no longer an option for me.

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The delay has already made it a deal-breaker for me. My Explorer lease is up in November and even though I had intended to replace it with a Bronco, that is no longer an option for me.
It was never an option

Jvrm1965

Badlands
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 sportage awd, 2015 mirage
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As for me white with white top , 2.4l, 2 doors with all accessories.

Sponsored

BronCO5280

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX, Toyota 4Runner, Hyundai Tucson
Excessive dealer markups would absolutely break the deal for me.

it happens every time a fun new vehicle comes out- dealers run wild with “addendum pricing” tacking 5-10k onto the MSRP due to demand. It’s crummy behavior and there is no way I will support it. Sell it to me for sticker or I’ll just wait- or go somewhere else.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape '09 Mercury Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't think Ford can legally stop the dealers from charging ADM. Competition between dealers controls it. People thought they had to pay ADM on the Raptor until they woke up and found they can buy from any dealer and have the truck shipped to their location for a small fee. There was one dealer in my area trying to charge high ADM's and had at least 30 17's and 18's on the lot while I bought one at sticker from my dealer 7 miles away.
That's not quite how it works. Each dealer owns the vehicles on their lot; they are not factory consignment. No dealer is obligated swap a vehicle with another dealer. Usually, vehicles are traded among dealers at invoice, but for a high demand, limited supply vehicle the dealer owning such a vehicle can name any terms they want or refuse the trade altogether. Usually dealers try to work something out; what goes around comes around.
I sold at one dealer that did no dealer trades whatsoever, either as a buyer or a seller. If it wasn't in stock, we tried to get them to order one.
These days, anybody can go online to any brand's dealer's website and see what they have in stock, and keep searching until they find the vehicle(s) that suits them and deal directly with that dealer.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape '09 Mercury Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You might be able to extend the lease for a year or more. I would talk to the dealer and see what could be worked out. That is of course assuming you would be ok with keeping the Explorer another year.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That’s my concern. I think the Jeep is ridiculously overpriced.
I think Ford will likely price Bronco a little below Jeep. A Rubicon at around $61k would be around $59k for the Bronco equivalent.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's not quite how it works. Each dealer owns the vehicles on their lot; they are not factory consignment. No dealer is obligated swap a vehicle with another dealer. Usually, vehicles are traded among dealers at invoice, but for a high demand, limited supply vehicle the dealer owning such a vehicle can name any terms they want or refuse the trade altogether. Usually dealers try to work something out; what goes around comes around.
I sold at one dealer that did no dealer trades whatsoever, either as a buyer or a seller. If it wasn't in stock, we tried to get them to order one.
These days, anybody can go online to any brand's dealer's website and see what they have in stock, and keep searching until they find the vehicle(s) that suits them and deal directly with that dealer.
When I was on the Raptor Forums, dealers were posting with offers of MSRP and below. Some of those dealers had a lot of allocations and wanted to move them. Some were also drop shipping for a fee of usually about $400. I referred one member to my dealer that sells at MSRP and he bought a Raptor and 2 other vehicles from my salesman. I got a nice little bonus for that.
Once Bronco gets into production, you'll likely see the same happening here if ADM's do become a thing.

Sponsored

croyco

Black Diamond
First Name
croydon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, let’s say they finally reveal the 2021 Bronco someday and all the specs and pictures and all the details we’ve been waiting for. What’s your dealbreaker, the thing that they’ve done to it or the standard item that you can’t live with and will just walk away?

I’ll go first. If this thing comes with an automatic transmission only I’m out. The only way I would even consider a Bronco with an auto is if it were a electric hybrid. If it has an auto/ICE only, I’ll just keep my V8 Bronco II and dump some more money into it.

Of course price is a consideration but I don’t think it will be outrageous overall.
Price is the main deal breaker. 50 grand for a Bronco is way to much. Also in my experience factory accessory's are priced almost double the after market. Which by the way is getting off the charts also. You can finance an oil filter at Summit Racing. This should tell Ford a story.
Sponsored