Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's not quite how it works. Each dealer owns the vehicles on their lot; they are not factory consignment. No dealer is obligated swap a vehicle with another dealer. Usually, vehicles are traded among dealers at invoice, but for a high demand, limited supply vehicle the dealer owning such a vehicle can name any terms they want or refuse the trade altogether. Usually dealers try to work something out; what goes around comes around.
I sold at one dealer that did no dealer trades whatsoever, either as a buyer or a seller. If it wasn't in stock, we tried to get them to order one.
These days, anybody can go online to any brand's dealer's website and see what they have in stock, and keep searching until they find the vehicle(s) that suits them and deal directly with that dealer.
I don't think he was talking about dealer trades, I think he meant you were able to deal with another dealer directly and then have it sent to you.

You might be able to extend the lease for a year or more. I would talk to the dealer and see what could be worked out. That is of course assuming you would be ok with keeping the Explorer another year.
I know my dad was able to extend his Explorer lease for at least a few month back when he was waiting for his ordered Raptor to come in.

Hmm. That's true - wasn't there talk of a setup like Mach-E where you'll put a deposit down?

I hope so, im in south florida and had to go to kansas city to get my gt350 to avoid huge ADM
Nice to see another South Florida guy on here!

Price is the main deal breaker. 50 grand for a Bronco is way to much. Also in my experience factory accessory's are priced almost double the after market. Which by the way is getting off the charts also. You can finance an oil filter at Summit Racing. This should tell Ford a story.
An Edge ST is already right at the 50k mark loaded, so I'd say it's a good bet Bronco will be at least there. A Raptor version will be higher, I think.
Sponsored

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

50 grand for a Bronco is way to much.
For a base model yeah... For a top trim with some options, 50k will be competetive. Especially at first since there won't be crazy incentives or dealer discounts right from the get go.

Rubicon Unlimited's start at $42,440 right now. As soon as you add some necessities (IMO) you're at 50k.

Evanm14

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5, Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

By simply not providing a time frame is becoming a deal breaker. The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon or Defender 90 2 -door models are other options that might put the Bronco at the bottom of the list or deleted if they continue to play this game.

Someone said Ford typically give buyers 1 week notice prior to a reveal. As it stands it wont be this week or next week.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

By simply not providing a time frame is becoming a deal breaker. The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon or Defender 90 2 -door models are other options that might put the Bronco at the bottom of the list or deleted if they continue to play this game.

Someone said Ford typically give buyers 1 week notice prior to a reveal. As it stands it wont be this week or next week.
Is it really though?

What game? They don't want to pick a date weeks away and then have some world event (another covid-related issue) screw it up again, so they'll likely give a week's notice and that'll be that.

Sponsored

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's not quite how it works. Each dealer owns the vehicles on their lot; they are not factory consignment. No dealer is obligated swap a vehicle with another dealer. Usually, vehicles are traded among dealers at invoice, but for a high demand, limited supply vehicle the dealer owning such a vehicle can name any terms they want or refuse the trade altogether. Usually dealers try to work something out; what goes around comes around.
I sold at one dealer that did no dealer trades whatsoever, either as a buyer or a seller. If it wasn't in stock, we tried to get them to order one.
These days, anybody can go online to any brand's dealer's website and see what they have in stock, and keep searching until they find the vehicle(s) that suits them and deal directly with that dealer.
I think he was referring to a courtesy delivery, which I did on one of my 350s. Crap hole dealer in my old town wanted 25k over for 350s and after months of arguing with them I bought else where for basically MSRP and had it courtesy dropped at that dealer. Was there when it arrived and through splitter install(which is all I let them do) then pulled it out front and told everyone buy elsewhere you'll get a better deal!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
True, in 93 I bought a new Lightning that MSRP was around $20k. In 2014 I bought an F-150 Tremor that was over $40k and nowhere near the truck the Lightning was.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It wouldn't surprise me if Ford didn't offer a V8 in anything 5 years from now.
It's definitely possible. And it's possible that I might not ever buy another new Ford. They probably won't miss me.

If the new Bronco is available from Ford with a V-8, I will probably die from shock.

As for a naturally aspirated V-6, I wouldn't mind that myself, but I don't expect it. As near as I can tell, Ford is only putting two naturally aspirated V-6 engines in vehicles, the 3.3L Duratec that serves as the base engine for the F-150 and the gas power plant for the 2020 Explorer Hybrid and the 3.7L Duratec that serves as the base engine in the Lincoln Continental.

If we see either of those V-6 options, I'll be surprised, and I'd say the 3.3L is the more likely of the two.

So, brace yourself for disappointment.
Yeah I realize they probably aren't going to offer it with a V8. Most people on the forum want a new 4x4 enough that they don't care about the powertrain (or they just don't care about engines). I'm only a buyer if the Bronco is amazing. Based on the exterior and interior photos - those look plenty good enough to me. But I'm an engine guy, so it has to have a cool engine for me to want one.

Diesel 08

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F350 and 1984 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want front and rear lockers plus the ability to stuff 37” tires with a leveling kit.

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is it really though?

What game? They don't want to pick a date weeks away and then have some world event (another covid-related issue) screw it up again, so they'll likely give a week's notice and that'll be that.
I think it'd be reassuring to know that Ford actually plans to reveal it sometime soon. As it stands Ford could reveal it in December and still have ample time before release.
Sponsored