redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I base my life around Argument Clinic and Four Yorkshiremen.

A few years back, looking for something to watch and I came across the holy grail flick before it started. I ran to the kitchen and got two Tupperware containers and "galloped" into the living room.

The wife was rolling and my son looked at me as if I had three eyes. I said "What, I'm riding my horse." just watch the movie you will see. Some of it was over his head but for the most part he liked it.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

Wolperdinger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kind of the opposite of a dealbreaker, but I'd be rad if gearing were a choice from the factory like on the pickups.

Cbr954

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Interior room.

If there isn't at least as much room as a JLU in the back seat, I'm out. Normally my son would sit in the front but on the occasion that the whole family is in the vehicle, I need to be able to fit three kids comfortably in the rear seat.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I might have an actual deal breaker; I have enjoyed many engine configurations over the years, 2 cylinder (V), 4 (V, H, and L), 6 (V and L), 8 (V), 12 (V), my least favorite sounding is the V6, however if Ford pipes in fake engine noises (and no way to turn it off, much, much preferably once and forever), I will know it is doing it and it will gnaw at me and bother me. I really might take a pass as every time I hear the engine, I know it is a radio station I cannot turn off. It would be relentless and annoy me personally.

Sounds silly I am sure, but I see it like a constant low level static on the radio (with a broken off button), would drive me nuts!

Edit; the auto start/stop systems are obviously here to stay, so I make it my ritual to turn them off in my other so equipped vehicle. That would be a complete deal breaker instead of just the annoyance of turning it off every time (or the occasional panic when the car goes dead at a light for no reason) if it could not be turned off like GM did a number of years ago.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If they do the fake engine noise thing then I will call in every favor ever owed me by every software and electronics person I have ever met and we will work non-stop every single day and through the night until we have figured out a solution to permanently disable it.

Sponsored

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I load my drawers while i'm out on a sketchy trail and the new Bronco doesn't have self cleaning seats, i'm out!!!
LMAO ME, ME ME!!
Some of you guys don't realize they can't make a f@#%&n production vehicle to suit several hundred thousands of peoples needs. Get your poop in a group, that's what options and the aftermarket are for.

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do they still get the credit if they create a menu item or button or hidden switch to turn it off? The manufacturers have to know how hated this feature is....

aman43

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How good the reveal is to be honest. Im looking for a new car (1996 honda CRV) and if it looks like ford isnt serious about taking on the wrangler and killing it. I might have to buy a wrangler diesel.

I like the better milage (allegedly) i like the better engine than the wrangler. But im worried about longevity and technology. If it looks like they are just building a wrangler clone on a ranger chassis i might have to skip if they really didnt put much thought into it. The offroad videos are not that great , but its IFS so it makes sense. But im not going to be rock crawling with my daily driver anyway. Still you dont want to get bullied by wrangler owners.

However if they really put thought into the car and has a solution for door storage and stuff that really puts it above the wrangler I will buy it.

I would just be very upset if they release a raptor version a year or two later with an even better engine. Very mad. I would love to have a v8 as my last internal combustion engine. Since by 2030-35 electric cars will be vastly superior.

Im getting pissed by the wait here and the leaks are not great.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The manufacturers have to know how hated this feature is....
I'm aware of the regulatory environment. And while I don't have firsthand knowledge of the ins & outs of the auto world...I have similar experience in other industries. It's unusual for the feds to just shove something down an industry's throat. Let's acknowledge that auto manufacturers have benefited from additional profit margins on each and every government requirement. I personally don't see manufacturers as 'victims' in this scenario. I believe Deep Throat..."follow the money".

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I might be in the minority, but lack of a V8 is ok for me. Currently stuck in Chicagoland, I would be driving this rig for distances to Wisconsin and Upper Michigan, and out west to the Rocky Mountains. In that case, decent gasoline mileage of a smaller motor would be nice.

I have no experience with turbos, but I heard they are a plus at altitude? My old Land Rover with squirrel-cage 4cly is a complete dog over 10,000 ft. If the new Bronco engine with turbo does well at higher altitudes, that would be a plus.

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Interior room.

If there isn't at least as much room as a JLU in the back seat, I'm out. Normally my son would sit in the front but on the occasion that the whole family is in the vehicle, I need to be able to fit three kids comfortably in the rear seat.
When I was a kid, my mom once fit 17 kids into a single-cab Datsun pickup, and only 2 of them were in the bed. It was more common that she'd have to cram 5-8 in the cab with her, though. Tell your kids to suck it up.
Sponsored