Superds

Superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My wife’s Audi SQ5 came with auto start stop. Pretty jerky, especially in sport mode. Luckily, I found Carista had an app that could disable it. Well worth the small fee to do it.

I think FORScan has options to do it on some Fords and if not yet, they are probably working on getting it added to future updates.
Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have no experience with turbos, but I heard they are a plus at altitude? My old Land Rover with squirrel-cage 4cly is a complete dog over 10,000 ft. If the new Bronco engine with turbo does well at higher altitudes, that would be a plus.
Turbocharged engines are absolutely better at altitude. They will lose less power vs. their naturally aspirated competitors.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have no experience with turbos, but I heard they are a plus at altitude?
Turbos were invented to address power loss experienced by aircraft engines at high altitudes.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As others have stated, turbos, or any forced induction (including nitrous) gives major performance boost at high altitudes over NA. modern turbos are the best at it because they can be tuned to account for it on the fly and adjust boost accordingly, whereas S/Cs are a fixed value based off of engine speed, can be adjusted with pulled changes though. Nitrous is an interesting one that I've seen run before, using very small constant squirt (not like a 100 shot for a few seconds on a drag strip), but like 5-10hp constant shot to make up for the decrease in air density, but this is a constant cost adder

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Nitrous is an interesting one that I've seen run before, using very small constant squirt (not like a 100 shot for a few seconds on a drag strip), but like 5-10hp constant shot to make up for the decrease in air density, but this is a constant cost adder
Nitrous injection was also first used in aviation engines to improve high-altitude performance (also water-methanol injection).

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nitrous injection was also first used in aviation engines to improve high-altitude performance (also water-methanol injection).
TIL, did not know that.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base

Auto start stop sounds way better if you get a manual. Only turns off if the car is in neutral clutch out, as soon as you start to clutch in it turns back on so there’s no delay like an autotragic

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they do the fake engine noise thing then I will call in every favor ever owed me by every software and electronics person I have ever met and we will work non-stop every single day and through the night until we have figured out a solution to permanently disable it.
It's easily turned of through Forscan and pretty sure auto start stop as well.