Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do they still get the credit if they create a menu item or button or hidden switch to turn it off? The manufacturers have to know how hated this feature is....
They do have a button, so yes they obviously do still get credit, otherwise they wouldn't include it.

I personally don't see what the big deal is with auto start/stop. My mom got a 2020 Explorer ST and goes nuts that it does that. I really don't have a problem with it doing that.

That said, as has been pointed out, you can get tunes that turn it off.
Sponsored

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I honestly just hate the conversation around this technology. It is literally so easy to bypass if you really hate it that much (there are plugs that go on the trailer pins to make it think a trailer is connected, flashing ecu, the button to turn it off)

And it makes your starter WAY more durable.

Edit: just poking around various F-150 forums I can find exactly zero examples of someone needing to replace a starter in an ASS equipped F-150.
PSA: when looking on the interweb for the flat 4 plug that disables the Auto Start Stop, do not use the following search phrase- "F-150 ASS plug"

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

PSA: when looking on the interweb for the flat 4 plug that disables the Auto Start Stop, do not use the following search phrase- "F-150 ASS plug"

:LOL::LOL: years ago when our store first got the internet the manager said to me how do I delete this.

when I looked to see what he did he was trying to find hooker header's website but he only searched hooker. I told him next time to type header after it :rolleyes:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I honestly just hate the conversation around this technology. It is literally so easy to bypass if you really hate it that much (there are plugs that go on the trailer pins to make it think a trailer is connected, flashing ecu, the button to turn it off)
Town and Country Ford posted a video on this in 2017. The problem with the hitch plug solution is it also disables the backup sensors and cross traffic alert, backup camera and puts the vehicle in tow mode.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bronco Must Haves

1. Must come in black, white, or grey/silver.
2. Must have black rims, in fact, a black out package
3. Must have an automatic
4. Must have a v6, no stupid v8
5. Must be turbocharged
6. Must have all the latest and greatest tech
7. Must have have exhaust noise piped into the speakers
8. Must be easy to get in and out of parking spots
9. Must have huge plastic flares

Anything else will be a deal breaker
I'm thinking you're joking, but I hope the first 6 lines are available. After seeing the center stack, I'm particularly concerned with no ventilated seat button showing. That's one of a few reasons I'm not interested in a Ranger.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape '09 Mercury Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Good because I wasn't looking forward to actually having to figure that out ...
I would turn off the piped in engine noise if it's not part of a noise cancelling algorithm. If it is piped in at 180º out of phase with the real time engine noise, they cancel each other out and quiet the interior. If it's just there to massage my ego, I will turn it off permanently.
Seems daffy to me to install sound absorbing windshield glass then pipe in Droany, Blappy 4cyl noise.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I would turn off the piped in engine noise if it's not part of a noise cancelling algorithm. If it is piped in at 180º out of phase with the real time engine noise, they cancel each other out and quiet the interior. If it's just there to massage my ego, I will turn it off permanently.
Seems daffy to me to install sound absorbing windshield glass then pipe in Droany, Blappy 4cyl noise.
Will they have piped in mud tire noise for noise cancellation too?

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I got called on the carpet for searching for "breast" once.

I had googled "Chicken breast recipes".

Obviously, they had a laugh once it was explained. And I googled that at least 3 times a day for a month after that, just because.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got called on the carpet for searching for "breast" once.

I had googled "Chicken breast recipes".

Obviously, they had a laugh once it was explained. And I googled that at least 3 times a day for a month after that, just because.
So, about 17 years ago I'm assigned to work in the MOC (maint ops center, command post). behind a desk all day, every day. between flights/ops I'm surfing FTE (ford truck enthusiasts), and a message pops up on my screen.

Airman Jimmy Dean
'Please back away from your computer and remain seated. Comsec and MPs will arrive shortly to confiscate your computer and detain you for questioning.

or something along those lines.

I about f'in panicked, thinking I was in deep shit.

after about 5 minutes my phone rings, it is some sgt in the commsec squadron on base laughing his ass off, said we was on FTE as well when he saw a post come across that could only have been someone from the base, so he did some digging on the network and decided to play a (very cruel) practical joke.

Sponsored

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, let’s say they finally reveal the 2021 Bronco someday and all the specs and pictures and all the details we’ve been waiting for. What’s your dealbreaker, the thing that they’ve done to it or the standard item that you can’t live with and will just walk away?

I’ll go first. If this thing comes with an automatic transmission only I’m out. The only way I would even consider a Bronco with an auto is if it were a electric hybrid. If it has an auto/ICE only, I’ll just keep my V8 Bronco II and dump some more money into it.

Of course price is a consideration but I don’t think it will be outrageous overall.
No leg room or head room. I'm a big guy

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
After they showed the center stack and no ventilated seat buttons got me worried. Seeing the Bronco is built on the Ranger chassis, I'm afraid it's going to be light on options like the Ranger. That will probably be a deal breaker.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After they showed the center stack and no ventilated seat buttons got me worried. Seeing the Bronco is built on the Ranger chassis, I'm afraid it's going to be light on options like the Ranger. That will probably be a deal breaker.
Ranger was light on options because they took a model designed for the rest of the world (where features we like aren't offered), and brought it here in the middle of the product cycle/at the time of the mid cycle refresh. The next-gen Ranger will have all the goodies we want, so I'm not worried about Bronco not having options.

I think what we saw in the other thread was just a low optioned higher trim model. For example, Edge ST comes standard with I think it's the 400A package, which has heated rear seats standard - a top trim vehicle, but missing some features. But if you upgrade to the 401A package, you'll get heated/cooled front seats and heated rear seats.

So I'm guessing we just saw essentially a 400A Bronco without the 401A package that gave the full heated/cooled seats.