Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I fall in the category of:

Wife is letting me buy it....soooo....I'm buying it.

At this point, I dont care nearly as much as i probably should on where the pricing shakes out. I'm getting this thing! As long as I could steer clear of an ADM I'll be happy. But I will say, if my build starts closing in on $60k OTD, I will strongly consider more practical family suv's. $60k OTD...even @ $50k, in the CPO world, that means X5, Range Rover Sport, newer Discovery, Cayenne, etc etc.

Only dealbreakers would be items that get in the way (or that my wife learns about) of making this not suitable for family road trips - such as rear leg room for car seats, poor safety, ride quality/bumpiness (no sasquatch), rear HVAC.

Because if the Bronco ends up not being as family friendly as i hope it will be, that means our other sedan lease will need to be replaced with a big rig...and for whatever reason, by wife's reasoning, it will have to be more expensive than the Bronco. So I am walking a fine line on setting the bar on what I end up spending on the Bronco. It is a bit of a gamble.
Sponsored

Villageidit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4X4 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a Honda Element and I love the extra room, its very spacious, so I know what you mean.
I have a 2008 Element. The interior space is massive for its size. The overall dimensions are similar to the 2 door Bronco but the rear seats and cargo area look smaller on the Bronco. I also wonder why Ford couldn't have matched the rear seats on the Element that remove easily.

kairo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not for the bronco itself, but I had my heart set on a two door. it seems you can only get that with a 16ish gallon tank, where the 4 door gets a 20.

Even at (it'll never happen) 23mpg that's only 370 miles on a full, run to empty tank. Realistically I think we're going to see about 17mpg out of the rigs on 35s. That's 272 miles per tank, freeway. 200 miles of driving before you're looking to fill. Roughly 3 hours of freeway seat time before stops. Yuck.

If I wanted to drive the 2 door bronco up to visit my folks in Seattle (800 miles) that's 4 fuel stops minimum. My Tacoma will get there in just over two, and my old 33 gallon hemi dodge would get there on a tank and 3/4.

Apples to oranges of course, but a realistic 200 mile range is abysmally small for an adventure vehicle.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not for the bronco itself, but I had my heart set on a two door. it seems you can only get that with a 16ish gallon tank, where the 4 door gets a 20.

Even at (it'll never happen) 23mpg that's only 370 miles on a full, run to empty tank. Realistically I think we're going to see about 17mpg out of the rigs on 35s. That's 272 miles per tank, freeway. 200 miles of driving before you're looking to fill. Roughly 3 hours of freeway seat time before stops. Yuck.

If I wanted to drive the 2 door bronco up to visit my folks in Seattle (800 miles) that's 4 fuel stops minimum. My Tacoma will get there in just over two, and my old 33 gallon hemi dodge would get there on a tank and 3/4.

Apples to oranges of course, but a realistic 200 mile range is abysmally small for an adventure vehicle.
Strap a couple of jerricans to the back and pretend you have a Pinto.

kairo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Strap a couple of jerricans to the back and pretend you have a Pinto.
I don't want my new car to explode like a pinto lmao. Or was that the gremlin? Which one of those had the blowy-uppy fuel tanks when rear ended?

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dealer markup. I could be coerced into a small markup but anything over $1000 and you can catch me in a Wrangler Willys diesel ✌?

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If it doesn't fit in my garage with those 35" bigass...I mean bigfoot...Sasquatch tires.

On second thought, I can always get a bigger garage.

Rocket

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150, 1978 Bronco, 2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wanted the base with race red and white top and white grill

Sponsored

CascadianCorvid

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If adding a v6, sasquatch, black top, and mid package takes the Badlands over 60k, I'd seriously balk. I'd have to lower my expectations, or consider my priorities. Not sure. I'm not paying BMW money for a Ford.

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly, the only thing that would probably be a dealbreaker for me is an abysmal crash test rating. Otherwise, I'm all in!

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The biggest thing for me is easily the dealership. The idea makes me want to vomit. I buy used cars 3rd party for a reason. Immoral pieces of... so yeah that one.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its going to come down to price vs features (yes I am in the no real rear ac crowd). If an optioned up BL does not offer much more in bells and whistles and capability than I already have in my JKU (Moab Edition, 2" lift w 35's and some other stuff but no front locker or auto discos) and starts approaching $60k then I'm out. Instead, I will just keep the Jeep and walk across the street to the Lincoln dealer for a new Aviator which is now being advertised with 0% for 60mos

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oddly, the thing that has me most concerned at the moment is whether or not the stock trims and tires will allow for snow chains.

One of the things I was looking for in our next vehicle is being able to take it up in the mountains in the winter, and around here chains are mandatory at that time of the year.
Sponsored