Sponsored

What’s your ideal combo. of options? Is it attainable with current info.?

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
I fully understand that the aftermarket will provide options to increase the towing capacity and know how it can be achieved if they don't. This isn't my first rodeo.

I would prefer that FoMoCo did it.
Sounds like you're gonna stand by your reason to be dissatisfied no matter what the solution is.
Ford took a huge risk and won with this thing in the first place, so I'd say they met the mark for most of the target audience, myself included.
You know what your options are in this case, so I'll not try anymore to convince you that everything is going to be ok.
Sorry you're stuck with a smooth ride and decent articulation in place of ton-truck towing capacity on your Bronco. The rest of us are more or less ok with it, and will use a different tool for the heavy towing jobs.
Sponsored

Reactions: MVP

CJSky

Wildtrak
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scat Pack Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Available: BL, 2.7, Auto, washout floors

missing: cooled front seats and a drop tailgate. Gives you truck capacity(ish) when needed and the weather is nice. I am hoping aftermarket comes up with a mod to change the tailgate configuration.

Section8

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
I suppose I am the odd one that has no interest in the 2.7 or sasquatch. I don't need 35s for what I am doing and the turbo 4 has plenty of power. I will, however, be using the interior

I want a base with rubberized interior, drain plugs, light colored vinyl seats, hard plastic seat backing for the rear seats and a pull out tray for the two door that levels the entire rear area. If I can't get that latter bit, a quick release and remove rear seat also be acceptable.

I think that's my biggest cause for concern/wishful thinking, rear area usability in the 2 door.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Thechief86 currently we both don't know what FoMoCo will set the Bronco's specs at.

If they keep it as what they currently have it listed as, so be it. Any of us that need to make adjustments to fit our needs, will.

But what if FoMoCo changes the specs? What if they increase the tow rating and there is no adverse effect on the articulation? What if they make the MT available with the SAS? What if FoMoCo does these and more????

Will all of those naysayers who have been constantly tell others that they don't need a Bronco, but they need something else, will they hold their plates out for serving of Crow?

None of us need or want the Exact Same Thing.

I hope that you can get your Bronco exactly how you want it, even if some of your wants haven't been released by FoMoCo yet.

Basically, all I'm saying is Let People Dream, because currently We Don't Know what the Bronco's specs are.

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Thechief86 currently we both don't know what FoMoCo will set the Bronco's specs at.

If they keep it as what they currently have it listed as, so be it. Any of us that need to make adjustments to fit our needs, will.

But what if FoMoCo changes the specs? What if they increase the tow rating and there is no adverse effect on the articulation? What if they make the MT available with the SAS? What if FoMoCo does these and more????

Will all of those naysayers who have been constantly tell others that they don't need a Bronco, but they need something else, will they hold their plates out for serving of Crow?

None of us need or want the Exact Same Thing.

I hope that you can get your Bronco exactly how you want it, even if some of your wants haven't been released by FoMoCo yet.

Basically, all I'm saying is Let People Dream, because currently We Don't Know what the Bronco's specs are.
Dream away, sir.
You'll note that rather than telling you to look at other vehicles, I simply offered a solution to help the vehicle you want better meet your needs.
I would absolutely love to see the Bronco be even better than we are all expecting. But I'm content to have to make my own changes if Ford doesn't give me everything I want.
I was just trying to give you an optimistic solution so you could keep dreaming about a bronco instead of looking elsewhere. May not be your first rodeo or whatever, but that doesn't mean some friendly ideas were meant to annoy you.
Happy internetting :)

Reactions: MVP

Sponsored

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Black diamond with high package and signature lights

A_Locke

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius, 1966 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I had the opportunity to build my perfect Bronco, this is what it would be:

Factory Ordered Stuff
Badlands
2.3T
Manual
2-Door
12" screen
Heated seats + Steering Wheel
Side Mirror Lamps
B&O Sound System
360 Camera

Ford/Dealer Accessories:
Winch
Ford Pull-out Tray (currently only available on 4 door)
RoofTop tent

Overall, I can get pretty much get all these things right now. I just really hate how the snuck the Heated Steering Wheel and B&O in the "Lux" Package. I'm cool with spending $2-3k for the 12" screen on the "High Package" but I don't think I have the money to jump an additional $2-3k for better speakers and a heated steering wheel. Wish those were just separate options.

Also, like many others, I really wish the pull-out tray was available on the 2-door. It's by far one of my favorite accessories.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands 4 Dr/7MT/2.7L/cyber orange/white modular hardtop/8500# towing capacity/lux package/Sasquatch/ARB front bumper with winch/removeable rear tow hitch mounted winch

and

portal axles

Last edited:

tmal1005

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just 2dr base model mt 2.3, tow package, modular bumper, and rear lockers...I can add 32" or 33" tires myself....can probably just add Sasquatch now with the manual but have to wait an additional 6 mos. is what it is ??

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2BaseManSquatch V6, rock rails, steel bumpers, bash plates, heated seats, heated steering wheel, adaptive cruise, soft top, Area 51 or Cyber Orange. Not even close to available.

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do you want 5k lbs of tow with harsher suspension off-road? I think most people who complain about that don’t realize you are going to ruin its ability off road.
There are many threads where people who want it say they're willing to give up a bit. Not everyone will be rock crawling and dont need the amazing articulation it offers.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sounds like you're gonna stand by your reason to be dissatisfied no matter what the solution is.
Ford took a huge risk and won with this thing in the first place, so I'd say they met the mark for most of the target audience, myself included.
You know what your options are in this case, so I'll not try anymore to convince you that everything is going to be ok.
Sorry you're stuck with a smooth ride and decent articulation in place of ton-truck towing capacity on your Bronco. The rest of us are more or less ok with it, and will use a different tool for the heavy towing jobs.
Read the threads! In general people are asking for 5,000lbs towing. Modern half tons tow over 10,000lbs! Crossovers tow 5,000lbs these days, as do the purpose-built off-road 4Runner and FJ Cruiser. We are not talking heavy towing here. We are not talking truck numbers here.

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are many threads where people who want it say they're willing to give up a bit. Not everyone will be rock crawling and dont need the amazing articulation it offers.
And they have tons of other vehicles to choose from then. This is an off road vehicle not a towing rig. If they watered down this vehicle too much no one would want it. It wouldn’t be looked at as a Jeep killer.

What those people are trying to make is a Bronco Sport with extra towing.

ipongtreat

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4-Door Bronco Badlands Sasquatch LUX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I want those that are new to the “what can I tow” game to understand one basic, irrefutable fact: you cannot legally tow more than a vehicle is rated for no matter what you think it can “really” tow or what upgrades you may make.

If you have a crash and the insurance company can show you were towing over spec, you will be out of luck. They will be able to credibly claim all kinds of things like reduced braking capacity, reduced handling, reduced steering, etc. They may be technically wrong in some specific cases but it won’t matter from a legal perspective. You can wind up being denied or, worse, blamed for an accident simply because you exceeded the tow spec. Harsh truth.

Also, investigating officers that pay attention to such things aren’t gonna care about anything other than that 3500 number when deciding who gets a ticket. Another harsh truth.

The bottom line is that what we think or how we might upgrade a vehicle does not in any way change what we are legally allowed to tow. There are numerous parts/systems to the towing capacity calculation. Most don’t fully understand all those parts/systems and either can’t or don’t upgrade *all* of them — and even if they can and do, it STILL won’t matter in the eyes of the law.

Not to be too preachy, but most of us would be appalled to discover how many people are towing both 1) illegally and 2) dangerously. Look up the YouTube videos of towing gone wrong. Quite sobering.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

And they have tons of other vehicles to choose from then. This is an off road vehicle not a towing rig. If they watered down this vehicle too much no one would want it. It wouldn’t be looked at as a Jeep killer.

What those people are trying to make is a Bronco Sport with extra towing.
The way around that is an optional max tow package that adds in a rear sway bar, stiffer suspension, and any other little pieces like larger brakes, different cooling, stronger alternator and battery, etc. Having it as an option wouldn't affect the small percentage of buyers who will actaully use the Bronco for extreme events, while opening doors for others who would buy it for other off-road purposes. And still let Ford keep the same marketing strategy they've been using all along.

Remember "off-road" means different things to different people. Rock crawling is different than baja racing which is different than dropping a small trailer off at your remote campsite and heading out hunting.

I would also say that a vehicle with full removable doors and roof like a Jeep, with enough of the same abilities as a Jeep for 90% of its buyers but with a much smoother on-road ride, and also with a towing capacity that lets them use it for trailer camping would most definitely be a Jeep killer. We just checked a lot of boxes there for a lot of people.
Sponsored