Sponsored

What’s your ideal combo. of options? Is it attainable with current info.?

coolbreeze

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My ideal build:

- 4 door
- 2.7 auto (really MT but wife says no)
- White modular hardtop
- White fender flares
- 33” BFG KO2 (or squatch) but I don’t like the BL wheels
- Washout interior/vinyl seats
- Heated and AC seats
- Steel bumpers
- All for $45,000 max.

I guess this is mostly attainable with Badlands or Wildtrack but I’ll probably end up compromising and get Base or Big Bend/Sasquatch/hardtop.
Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
The optimal combination of features I would want in my Bronco are unattainable in any one of the offered trim levels/series according to the current information available. How about you?

I’d like:
Manual transmission with V6 engine
Sasquatch package
Rubber floors/ marine vinyl seats and drain plugs
White MIC or painted top
Sport and Baja modes
Steel front and rear bumpers
Heavy duty bash plates
LED front and rear lights

I’d want these from the factory and under warranty.
My build is unattainable. Seems difficult to even get close.

4Dr, 2.7L auto, hardtop
- Cyber Orange
- Cloth seats
- front & rear lockers (or rear only) -NO swaybar disconnect
- 33" 285 tires w/aluminum 17" rims
- intelligent access
- standard pkg
- plastic bumpers, no rockrails

What I'm considering:
1) Base 4Dr - 2.7L auto - Sasquatch - hardtop - Velocity Blue (don't want 35" tires, but look cool)
$43,895 msrp
2) Blac Diamond 4Dr - 2.7L auto - hardtop - Cyber Orange (Has good 32" tires on steel, but other stuff I don't want incl vinyl seats). $44,840 msrp
3) Badlands - 2.3L manual - hardtop - Cyber Orange (Has the look I want, with extras I don't & not enough power). $47,985

assumes Cyber Orange is $600
My mind is all over the map with the above non-optimal choices!

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Rubberized floors with Wash out
  • High Package
  • Sport Mode
This combination not available on any trim, not even the FE!

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The optimal combination of features I would want in my Bronco are unattainable in any one of the offered trim levels/series according to the current information available. How about you?

I’d like:
Manual transmission with V6 engine
Sasquatch package
Rubber floors/ marine vinyl seats and drain plugs
White MIC or painted top
Sport and Baja modes
Steel front and rear bumpers
Heavy duty bash plates
LED front and rear lights

I’d want these from the factory and under warranty.
Sounds good. On a Badlands. Would add B&O a la carte, and adjustable coilovers in back with a class III hitch getting me to 4500+ lbs towing capacity.

Oh and garage door openers on mid package ...

[edit] P.S. a winch that doesn’t block the trailcam and doesn’t decrease approach angle.

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
* Manual Transmission V6 4-door
* Sway bar disco, 4.7 final drive, and 33s from Badlands
* Upgraded front diff and 4A transfer case from Badlands
* Drain plugs, vinyl, grille, and everything else from BD
* Mid package, tow package, and any hardtop (MIC is fine)...
* 5,000 lbs towing (which I suspect the vehicle can already handle in non-Sasquatched form but it sure would be nice to have it on paper!)

No this combo doesn't exist, but I'd gladly pay $50k or maybe slightly more for it if it did!

Guess I'll probably go the cheaper route and get a slightly optioned BD 4-cylinder with the 7MT for low to mid 40s. I'll still be satisfied. Or a Badlands + mid + tow for a hair under 50k. Won't be 100% sure which route I'll take until B&P is out (tomorrow? Tuesday?)

Sponsored

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
’22 Badlands, ‘23 Balands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The ideal would be an Outer Banks two door, Oxford White, tan interior, Lux Package, advanced on demand four wheel drive, one inch lift, 34” BFG KO2s, anything but black wheels, 2.7L, fender lips that mimic gen1, base grille, no step bars, white modular top, modular front bumper.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It’s not just suspension that affects towing. It’s engine, wheelbase and cooling.

Not to mention payload. It’s all well and good to have 10,000 lbs of rowing with only 1,000 lbs of payload. Stick two men in the vehicle and supplies and you have 500 lbs. of tongue weight available. Stick two women in there and you now have 200 lbs. of tongue weight.

You aren’t talking about swapping out suspension. You are talking about creating a whole new vehicle for a totally different purpose. Ford already has those vehicles if you want them. This is a purpose built vehicle and that is not the purpose.
In this case it is the soft suspension and the C rated tires.

Reactions: MVP

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m not trying to be a gatekeeper but maybe then an off road vehicle isn’t what you should get then? This is specifically geared towards off road performance. Anything less and many of us would be out.

What you need is a truck. These new power boost F150’s are going to be amazing. If I wasn’t looking for off road fun I would be getting one of those.
Coming over from Land Rover world, I find it silly to suggest that towing capacity and off-road performance are incompatible. My Disco 1 had a 7,700 lb towing capacity. So has every Discovery, Range Rover, or Defender since at least the early '90s. Many of these are dedicated off-roaders, and all of them more capable than almost any off-road vehicle owner will ever need.

In my humble opinion, there's no reason Ford can't change the tow rating to 5,000 lbs. with a few keystrokes in the specifications manual. Perhaps load range D or E tires would be required. Sasquatch package (higher ride height) or just not feeling the need to compete with anything other than the Wrangler are the only two reasons I don't see them changing this.

Heck, my 1992 Ranger was the same length as the 4-door, weighed just a hair over 3,000 lbs, and could tow 5,000 when equipped with a 3.55 or lower final drive gearing.

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Initially I was looking at BD just because of the final cost of the BL, but recently I said screw it and now I’m going to make that jump. I went from being at $48k and will now jump to $55k (state taxes included in each). I’ll switch out when it’s time to order. This will be my dream vehicle and I know I’m going to use the crap out of it.

Ideally I’d like the following:
2.7 four door in either antimatter or cactus gray
High package for the additional tech and safety features.
Hard top since I know I’ll need it in the North East.
Towing package because that’s came in handy in the past. I move around pretty frequently.

I’m looking forward to see what Ford comes out with the B&P. It’ll help figure all the finances out for sure and if this becomes a reality.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think some Air Lift helper springs in the back would increase towing capacity without compromising off road capability. Just let the air out when not towing...

My ideal is manual baseSQUATCH with the 2.3 litre, steel bumper, and a towing package. I think 3500 lbs would be sufficient for my towing needs.
The manual is more important than SQUATCH for me, I can get by with buying some 33's and a lunchbox locker, and upgrading shocks down the road.
I fully understand that the aftermarket will provide options to increase the towing capacity and know how it can be achieved if they don't. This isn't my first rodeo.

I would prefer that FoMoCo did it.

Sponsored

gonyr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2D Wildtrak, lux package. But with the seats, floor, and tires from a Badlands. I'm hoping the seats and floor are doable from the factory. If the tires have to wait until I wear out the mud tires that's not a big deal.

buildbigboats

Black Diamond
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2 Door
2.3L
Manual transmission
Antimatter Blue
With Granger's excellent pricing I'll be able to squeeze a Black Diamond into my budget. That's got everything I need/want and nothing I don't need/want. No other options or packages required. Goldilocks trim level for me.
Only remaining question is whether a white top will be available and if so how much.

Last edited:

tigereye

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Cincinnati (2020) -> Hilton Head, SC (2021)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Pilot, 2017 CRV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m not trying to be a gatekeeper but maybe then an off road vehicle isn’t what you should get then? This is specifically geared towards off road performance. Anything less and many of us would be out.

What you need is a truck. These new power boost F150’s are going to be amazing. If I wasn’t looking for off road fun I would be getting one of those.
I’m not buying an off road vehicle, I’m buying a convertible beach cruiser that can take my wife and dogs and can fit my 6’4” height.

Just because it’s a super capable off road vehicle, that doesn’t mean there aren’t other use cases. Not interested in a truck, as that doesn’t fit my needs.

I’d imagine there are plenty of other folks on this forum and in the world that have a similar interest, and doesn’t mean our needs are less valid just because we don’t want to use it in a certain way.

Glad to see that Ford is building a great - looking suv that can fill both our needs.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everything I want is std on Badlands trim other than the sound system. Would LOVE to see B&O a la carte!

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d like: 4dr Badlands
MT V6, Sasquatch with 35” All terrain tires, high package with B and O add on. Oh and all black bead lock rims
Dual tops, with out the modular. Not sure you can do that
Cake and eat it too
Sponsored