Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lack of tachometer.

The gauge cluster itself has grown on me over time. But I do wish Ford had given manual transmission buyers an analog tachometer in place of the speedometer.

Pretty sure I've never had a vehicle that did that. Then again I've been solidly in the Ford camp for most of my life so maybe I'm just blissfully unaware other vehicles will do that automatically for you.
interesting. I’ve never had a car that didn’t including an Explorer Sport a “few” years ago. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not reading all 36 pages... By far the most annoying feature for me is the small buttons to turn on the front overhead console lights. It seems like all my recent vehicles had the obvious feature where you press on the 'big clear light lense' to turn on the light. 5 months in and I still have to fidget around up there to get them lit, and my wife asks me to turn on hers because she doesn't even want to try to find the button.

Last edited:

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Read a lot of the thread. Not all of it. I can’t believe nobody has mentioned (I don’t think) that the wipers do not return to the down, off/nested position when you turn the vehicle off.

They stay in whatever position they are in when you turn off.

W.T.F.? Like seriously?

It’s hard to believe the company who built these is over 100 years old. Staggering mistakes throughout this rig. Rookie stuff going on.
The few I've had that take a ready position when turned on, such as 4runners and Tacomas, will not return to their stowed position when the ignition is shut off. In fact, they'll actually shut off right in the middle of the window and just hang out until you turn the ignition back on. Only way to keep that from happening is to turn the wipers completely off and wait for them to stow.

The vehicles I've had that return the wipers to a stowed position, coincidentally don't have a ready position, they go from stowed and back again. Then again, some won't even do that, they'll just stop in the middle of the window too.

It's more a feature of a particular manufacturer than an industry wide standard, they all have their own way of doing things. I find it handy that I can intentionally stop the wipers at full deflection, because it makes things easier from a maintenance and cleaning aspect.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a 3 way tie with location of window controls, lack of rear cupholders and the fact my $25k Fusion has garage door opener on visor but my $58k Bronco doesn't.

Bronc_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That the hero switches have a giant hole were you don't have a feature. Its pit for dirt and grime. Also the grooves on the buttons your do have are again magnets for dirt and grime. Also all the engaged lights are on the hero switches themselves except for traction control-off... just random...

The whole GOAT system. All I need is 2 drive modes (normal/sport) - 2H/4A/4H/4L - and the previously mentioned hero switches for my diffs. I hate scrolling from one thing to another because some GOATS don't let you put it in 4L... etc (If I had an automatic I might use eco mode.)

No seat cooling. You can't "hose out" the vehicle anyway, the "hose out" floors are more like wipe down floors, you don't want to flood water into your floorboards because it will get trapped between the rubber floor and the floor boards.

That the rear seats don't fold flush. Give me a raised cargo area with a storage compartment/drawer. - so the seats fold flush. Or give me seats that quick connect in/out of the vehicle.

The colors. So far I haven't liked a single color. Fords metallics are ugly and there non metallics need to pick a color. I don't want color that is green in some lights, blue in others and grey in others...

Sponsored

twilson4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Basesquatch, 96 Eddie, 04 f350, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Most annoying has to the the damn phantom headlights that come on randomly in the middle of the night…

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Reading this thread has taught me most of the complaints people have stem from a refusal to read their owners manual or familiarize themselves with their own car.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Honestly I'm gonna look into seeing what I can do about the Hands On Wheel alert.

My current thought is to try and identify the message coming from IPMA that tells the IPC to display the alert, then the "dismiss alert" message.

Add a little watchdog -- if it sees the "display" message, immediately broadcast the "dismiss".

I don't know if it'll work, did zero research so far and just using my experience playing around on my Flex

Reading this thread has taught me most of the complaints people have stem from a refusal to read their owners manual or familiarize themselves with their own car.

Doesn't help there's no physical manual and the on-screen manual can be hit or miss. I don't know what I'd even search for to find this in a digital manual. My Silverado is the same way and often can't find data despite having OnStar data plan

Sponsored
First Name
Shelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably bc you can get it tuned out/disabled pretty easily. I have the Ford Performance tune and so now the auto-start-stop is permanently off.
This maybe. Dumb question but
What is the Ford Performance Tune? I need this in my life!

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's a 3 way tie with location of window controls, lack of rear cupholders and the fact my $25k Fusion has garage door opener on visor but my $58k Bronco doesn't.
Yours doesn't have a garage door opener? Mine does and I don't have a garage door LOL

Honestly I'm gonna look into seeing what I can do about the Hands On Wheel alert.

My current thought is to try and identify the message coming from IPMA that tells the IPC to display the alert, then the "dismiss alert" message.

Add a little watchdog -- if it sees the "display" message, immediately broadcast the "dismiss".

I don't know if it'll work, did zero research so far and just using my experience playing around on my Flex

Doesn't help there's no physical manual and the on-screen manual can be hit or miss. I don't know what I'd even search for to find this in a digital manual. My Silverado is the same way and often can't find data despite having OnStar data plan
I tried the Tesla trick of putting a weight on one side of the wheel, so it would always deflect a tiny bit off center. That technically worked but ultimately failed...the lane keeping sucks bad enough that I was basically bouncing all over the highway until it gave up and went over the line.

Acknowledging the warning might be a possibility, I tried testing that but couldn't rule out that I was also moving the wheel when I pushed the button. Make a thread if you decide to give it a try, I'll see you there.

This maybe. Dumb question but
What is the Ford Performance Tune? I need this in my life!
It's basically a programmer (ProCal4) that retunes the engine for a little more power and changes transmission shift points, you can also change tire size up to 37", change axle ratio, and reprogram for a M210 front diff if you upgrade from a M190. If installed by a certified tech it's eligible for warranty. There are other things the Procal4 might be able to do in the future, like reprogram for a bigger rack, but nothing on that yet.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yours doesn't have a garage door opener? Mine does and I don't have a garage door LOL
trade me driver side visors, lol.

JustmeGee

Outer Banks
First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Double Honk!
love everything else

bronco100

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Would love to hear your review of the tune. And from what I gather it does shorten drivetrain warranty?
I don't know anything about it shortening the warranty. I don't think that's the case.

As far as the tune, I think it's fantastic. Used my FordPass points to have the dealer install it. The extra power is great, and I can tell it's a bit more boost happy. The main things I notice are the Auto start-stop being permanently off now, and the auto rev matching downshifts (I have the 7MT).
Sponsored