Sponsored

What’s your opinion, is this Bronco mine?

Two71Broncos

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
A little history, sorry long -

Like all of us was super excited when the Bronco reservations opened up. Went online did the $100. Was assigned the local dealership that I was never a fan of ( The Bad Guys ). Extremely poor knowledge and communication made me nervous. I finally had enough when they refused to place my order. They said they were concentrating on only those that were allocated and I shouldn’t try to skip ahead of someone. Whoa!

Now it’s gets interesting. Called the Bronco hotline and was told I would have to create a new reservation to switch dealers. Ok another $100, time stamp was to be moved to my new reservation. This is about a week before the March deadline. A couple of days go by - crickets. I call back. It only shows my original reservation with the original dealer ( Bad Guys ). Getting kind of pissed now, but keeping it cool. Go through the process again. Finally get an email that I have a new reservation, with the same dealer I’m trying to switch from. Now I’m losing my mind. Two days before deadline. Because of this forum and all the information with who to contact I reach out to Mike Levine. Can’t say enough good things about him. Super, super helpful. Gets me in touch with the right folks get switched to the correct dealer ( The Good Guys ) with time stamp in place. What a relief.

Original dealer ( Bad Guys ) calls me a couple of months ago about my reservation. I explain that I transferred dealers. He then begins yelling at me and saying I should switch my order from a gray Base to a red Wildtrack. I said no thanks please cancel my order with you. Multiple times.

On August 19th I get the Ford email for a September 13th week build ( this is with The Good Guys dealership ).

September 2nd I get the email from Ford that my RED Black Diamond 🤨 is scheduled for production the week of October 4th. So the original dealer never cancelled my order and totally changed it.

The Good Guys have been great to work with and will hopefully be picking up my Bronco from them in November.

Just to piss off the Bad Guys I’m tempted to make a stink and buy it for the agreed upon MSRP. I have an email from them agreeing to MSRP on my reservation. The reservation from Ford says it’s my build

What would you do?
Sponsored

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A little history, sorry long -

Like all of us was super excited when the Bronco reservations opened up. Went online did the $100. Was assigned the local dealership that I was never a fan of ( The Bad Guys ). Extremely poor knowledge and communication made me nervous. I finally had enough when they refused to place my order. They said they were concentrating on only those that were allocated and I shouldn’t try to skip ahead of someone. Whoa!

Now it’s gets interesting. Called the Bronco hotline and was told I would have to create a new reservation to switch dealers. Ok another $100, time stamp was to be moved to my new reservation. This is about a week before the March deadline. A couple of days go by - crickets. I call back. It only shows my original reservation with the original dealer ( Bad Guys ). Getting kind of pissed now, but keeping it cool. Go through the process again. Finally get an email that I have a new reservation, with the same dealer I’m trying to switch from. Now I’m losing my mind. Two days before deadline. Because of this forum and all the information with who to contact I reach out to Mike Levine. Can’t say enough good things about him. Super, super helpful. Gets me in touch with the right folks get switched to the correct dealer ( The Good Guys ) with time stamp in place. What a relief.

Original dealer ( Bad Guys ) calls me a couple of months ago about my reservation. I explain that I transferred dealers. He then begins yelling at me and saying I should switch my order from a gray Base to a red Wildtrack. I said no thanks please cancel my order with you. Multiple times.

On August 19th I get the Ford email for a September 13th week build ( this is with The Good Guys dealership ).

September 2nd I get the email from Ford that my RED Black Diamond 🤨 is scheduled for production the week of October 4th. So the original dealer never cancelled my order and totally changed it.

The Good Guys have been great to work with and will hopefully be picking up my Bronco from them in November.

Just to piss off the Bad Guys I’m tempted to make a stink and buy it for the agreed upon MSRP. I have an email from them agreeing to MSRP on my reservation. The reservation from Ford says it’s my build

What would you do?
No doubt if I had the money I’d buy it and turn right around and sell it. I would not care if I lost money . That shit dealer would not get that bronco 😊. I know I’m bullhead . 🤷‍♂️

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fuck’em. But it at MSRP and flip it for a profit. They’re gonna mark it up anyways, and I’d rather the money go to an actual Bronco fan. If you’re feeling generous, you could sell it for a little less than the going rate, still make a good profit, and prevent the scummy dealership taking advantage of the situation.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Confused. How is your agreed upon price valid if originally it was a gray base model, and now they have a red BD ordered for you, as it states in your post? The price has to be different. Or is the agreement MSRP for ANY model you ordered?

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If it's a Green Window Sticker with your name as the SO then that's your BD for the agreed MSRP price. Does matter what you reserved, what counts is what was ordered unless it was a FE.

If you can swing it then buy it to flip yourself then slam the SOB Dealer with the worst survey possible decscribing in great detail all the crap they pulled on you.

If you walk away then the bastards win and make money on your order and you get your $100 back.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There is and never was any obligation to take delivery of any reservation unit turned into an order. Bad Guys cannot force you to buy their mistake at any price and you should never have had to pay a second $100 just to switch dealers.

BTW, when you reserved you had open choice to "shop around" and select your dealer of choice. I did.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Buy it. I’m
In

Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

How'd your base turn into a BD ? If you have an agreed upon MSRP, was it not for the base model? Seems like they screwed you, unfortunately.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Am I the only one hearing Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney battling it out?

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sounds like a Folsom Lake Ford game.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BTW, when you reserved you had open choice to "shop around" and select your dealer of choice. I did.
To this day, I am STUNNED how many people did not figure that out.

As soon as I saw the default dealer was the slime bags 1 mile from my house, I knew there was no freaking way I'd play that.
Entered new zip code for preferred dealer, PRESTO! Reservation placed at a good dealer.
Probably cost me 5 minutes of time stamp on opening night !!! LOL

I did the same thing with my Granger reservation later on in Oct.
Sponsored