Sponsored

What about the highway driving experience?

fpGT350

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Viper RT/10; 09 AMG C63; 18 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is anybody else curious as to what the highway driving experience will be? Ford is knocking it out of the park with their off-road testing and related video documentation. I would like to know what it is like driving this the other 99% of the time, that's why I ordered an Outer Banks.
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If its anything like my f150 (w/ 6" lift & 35" MT tires) , it'll be a smooth quiet ride (w/ the hard top) and not as noisy as my wrangler on 35" MT tires and a soft top. The 2.7 will haul a** hopefully similar to my 3.5 in the truck that weighs more.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is anybody else curious as to what the highway driving experience will be? Ford is knocking it out of the park with their off-road testing and related video documentation. I would like to know what it is like driving this the other 99% of the time, that's why I ordered an Outer Banks.
Same. OBX ressie, and very curious. It would be great to get a Db reading of an OBX hardtop at 70/75/80 mph and compare to a say, a Sahara hard top.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I need feedback on my decision folks. Most of my miles will be highway driving at about 55 mph (country roads). I want most of the creature comforts offered on the OBX, but having seen the posted photo of it, it looks kind of skimpy and the running boards do not improve its appearance. I love the look of the white over cactus green sasq (I know, we may never see it) but am concerned that it might be loud on the highway and very poor on mpg. I was thinking maybe getting the Badlands to get the 33s to be the bridge between the OBX wheels and the 35s. I do not need a car quite ride nor do I need super mileage or I would not buy this vehicle just looking to find a happy medium. What say you guys, should I get the OBX and just make peace with the sasq pkg or should I get the Badlands and get sound deadening, etc. or is there a third better option?

Sponsored

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
reviving/hijacking this thread instead of creating a new one- i've never owned a wrangler before or anything like this- thinking of going sasquatch because i will do some occasional off roading and love the look- question is how will it be driving those big, off road oriented tires on road 95% of the time in terms of noise, handling, and durability?

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

reviving/hijacking this thread instead of creating a new one- i've never owned a wrangler before or anything like this- thinking of going sasquatch because i will do some occasional off roading and love the look- question is how will it be driving those big, off road oriented tires on road 95% of the time in terms of noise, handling, and durability?
So before I had my boring ass honda I had a 97 wrangler sahara two door on 33 inch nexen mud terrains and while it is worth noting that my jeep did not have abs it was kinda sketchy sometimes to be honest, off road tires are very bad on the road as far as grip is concerned and when was wet I often found myself literally sliding. There is also a perpetual deep rumble that I honestly really like the sound of and the look is unmatched, they are also usually a softer compound so road driving will wear them down much faster than say a more middle of the road a/t but that is just my experience, for me it was worth it 100 percent, now personally I am not getting the sasquatch but that is only because I would rather do those upgrades myself when I have the budget to since I am going to be stretching myself to get the bronco as it is. Hope this helps. Also that was with nexen mt tires I haven't driven the tires the squatch will have so I can't speak to them specifically but I would guess they would be similar.

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I need feedback on my decision folks. Most of my miles will be highway driving at about 55 mph (country roads). I want most of the creature comforts offered on the OBX, but having seen the posted photo of it, it looks kind of skimpy and the running boards do not improve its appearance. I love the look of the white over cactus green sasq (I know, we may never see it) but am concerned that it might be loud on the highway and very poor on mpg. I was thinking maybe getting the Badlands to get the 33s to be the bridge between the OBX wheels and the 35s. I do not need a car quite ride nor do I need super mileage or I would not buy this vehicle just looking to find a happy medium. What say you guys, should I get the OBX and just make peace with the sasq pkg or should I get the Badlands and get sound deadening, etc. or is there a third better option?
Have you considered the black diamond trim? It is a good option if you are ok with the mid package but if you want something more then I would ask how important is having all of the niceties for you?

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have you considered the black diamond trim? It is a good option if you are ok with the mid package but if you want something more then I would ask how important is having all of the niceties for you?
if I can't even make up my mind on paint, how am I supposed to figure out the rest? :):)

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So before I had my boring ass honda I had a 97 wrangler sahara two door on 33 inch nexen mud terrains and while it is worth noting that my jeep did not have abs it was kinda sketchy sometimes to be honest, off road tires are very bad on the road as far as grip is concerned and when was wet I often found myself literally sliding. There is also a perpetual deep rumble that I honestly really like the sound of and the look is unmatched, they are also usually a softer compound so road driving will wear them down much faster than say a more middle of the road a/t but that is just my experience, for me it was worth it 100 percent, now personally I am not getting the sasquatch but that is only because I would rather do those upgrades myself when I have the budget to since I am going to be stretching myself to get the bronco as it is. Hope this helps. Also that was with nexen mt tires I haven't driven the tires the squatch will have so I can't speak to them specifically but I would guess they would be similar.
I've had the same experience on my 15 JKU Willys. The stock MT tires sucked on wet roads and were only okay on dry. I put a total of 900 miles on them, before putting a good set of AT tires on. The Wrangler was a whole new animal after that. Better drivability, as well as great handling on wet roads.

Picture taken right after Sam's club put new Duratracs on.
Ford Bronco What about the highway driving experience? 20151020_120859_zpsgk4phtq

Last edited:

Sponsored

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've had the same experience on my 15 JKU Willys. The stock MT tires sucked on wet roads and were only okay on dry. I put a total of 900 miles on them, before putting a good set of AT tires on. The Wrangler was a whole new animal after that. Better drivability, as well as great handling on wet roads.

Picture taken right after Sam's club put new Duratracs on.
Ford Bronco What about the highway driving experience? 20151020_120859_zpsgk4phtq
Yeah the M/ts are sweet but suck on the road lol, shes a beauty

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

if I can't even make up my mind on paint, how am I supposed to figure out the rest? :):)
Bro I am with you on the paint, I can't decide between 51 carbonized and cactus I also quite like the reds wbu?

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably the same way you cannot compare the ride of a wrangler with a grand Cherokee, and would expect you cannot compare the Bronco with an explorer!
Though as the Bronco is a brand new model i personality expect (hope...) that the ride is gonna be less comparable to a tractor than my current JKU!

I personally drive a JKU for the fun being able to go topless and doorless. I know people that badly wanted ine and sold it back few weeks later because it was not comfortable!

Be honest you cannot expect a vehicle like that (capable of bad ass stock off-roading) to ride like a German sedan!

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
thanks to the jeep owners who weighed in- as good as sasquatch looks and performs when in its element, probably have to stick with the regular wheels and tires in terms of on road performance/functionality

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bro I am with you on the paint, I can't decide between 51 carbonized and cactus I also quite like the reds wbu?
Truth be told, I am in paint hell. I just keep going round and round. I ruled out black and white and CO. The others are still in the running. Sure would help if I could actually see them in person. I am going to have to wait to see if the white top is or is not offered and also what the price is of the body colored painted tops to finally decide. I am better than this! I keep telling myself that no matter what the color combo, I am going to love this truck!
Sponsored