FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Lmao my dad caught a whole ass Seagull with this antenna once. I woulda shat myself šŸ¤£
Unfortunately the vulture I hit in the wife's JK went on the wrong side for the antenna to intervene, although probably for the best since I'm sure I'd have had to buy a new one of those too.
Ford Bronco What an Antenna? vulture
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Brand new Mustangs still have whip antennas. Well, at least the soft tops do.

Wife's new F-150 has a whip as well.

Whip antennas are better for AM reception, and Ford's surveys say that their truck customers still listen to AM.

Big Foot

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA Sorrento
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most vehicles have a shark fin on the roof that has the antenna inside it. There is no place to put one on a soft top, so Ford decided to use an old school antenna.
The satellite antenna is on the back roll bar. the whip antenna is for radio and clearance warning.

BE5OME1

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 SXT 4x4, 1967 Mustang, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As other said, this is it. Quite a few Ford buyers still listen to AM for sports and news.
Ive switched to iHeart radio for my AM fix, and the calrity is much better.

Sponsored

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP, your crying is starting to cause major flooding, please refrain

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, the F150 one fits the Bronco. Thatā€™s what is on mine.
Pretty certain the one for the Mustang will fit as well. I don't think Ford has changed the antenna thread pitch in decades.

Whip doen't bother me on the 'Stang, don't see why it would bother me on the Bronco.

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just delete the antenna. If youā€™re still listening to AM or FM radio, I donā€™t know what to tell you other than you donā€™t have to.

Link to Cravenspeed Nub

Updated the link to the Ford one.
Why the hell is a screw $20? That's quite a markup.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

Automator59

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, F250 (7.3l), '23 Integra, RDX, Saab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw an article where Ford surveyed off-roaders to understand their needs and they felt the need to listen to local stations when off-road to get local information. The whip-style antenna is far better for AM/FM reception in rural areas, so they opted for the whip.

Reactions: abe

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just delete the antenna. If youā€™re still listening to AM or FM radio, I donā€™t know what to tell you other than you donā€™t have to.

Link to Cravenspeed Nub

Ford Bronco What an Antenna? D03BF955-48B4-47FB-81E7-F17DF276F301

Updated the link to the Ford one.
Not sure you realize that FM sends signals in HD which far far exceeds Sirius Satellite compressed signals. Thus for some, they may like switching to all sources. Ho9wever, Sirius is at the bottom when it comes to fidelity. About the only thing worse than listening to Sirius is AM radio... Heck even AM now has HD signals although I think it is in mono.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not sure you realize that FM sends signals in HD which far far exceeds Sirius Satellite compressed signals. Thus for some, they may like switching to all sources. Ho9wever, Sirius is at the bottom when it comes to fidelity. About the only thing worse than listening to Sirius is AM radio... Heck even AM now has HD signals although I think it is in mono.
Iā€™m not a fan of Sirius, personally; Iā€™m in the process of liquidating SIRI shares at the moment, actually.

I think for off-roading, Iā€™m looking at HAM radios and a license. For tunes, Apple CarPlay is all I need.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m not a fan of Sirius, personally; Iā€™m in the process of liquidating SIRI shares at the moment, actually.

I think for off-roading, Iā€™m looking at HAM radios and a license. For tunes, Apple CarPlay is all I need.
Ok, understand totally. Yes, each year I like Sat radio less and less since we have sooo many other options now for good high quality "free" or at least cheaper music. HD radio is just one option but of course you have to have a local station you really like. Like you, I have now moved onto internet based solutions too and recently signed up for YouTube's Premium subscription. I did that initially to get rid of watching all the YouTube ads but found YouTube Music to be a very much welcome bonus! Even though its not free, I am getting alot more for my money due to the advantage of watching YouTube ad free plus a few other perks.