Sponsored

What are people using for subs that don't take up room ? ? ? ?

OP
OP
2fast4u

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you really want the space, the cavity where the B&O sub goes is probably the best spot. I'm sure in the future, someone will do a third party sub enclosure for that spot.

I did two 12" Kicker Shallow downfiring subs.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BXE8ZW6/ref=cm_sw_r_api_i_SDHXPPAM5RSP1HT6BNNY_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Pics here. I can def say you don't need two 12's but I got a little ambitious.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/broncy-mcbroncface-build.49379/

Love the tailgate enclosures but I have a molle panel there plus at the time, there weren't any options. I do like them but costly.
I definitely know how it is to get too ambitious. This is the system I did about eight months ago in my GT 500šŸ˜‚ definitely donā€™t need to go this overboard again

5F7BF171-D46F-44CD-A2D3-93A556D51985.jpeg

4AE0881F-C165-4240-9920-5B038E28877E.jpeg
Sponsored

mikey_photo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with the kicker down-firing 12ā€ with resonator setup and am super pleased with the results. Easy enough to remove quickly, but havenā€™t had to since itā€™s plenty stable enough to put things on top of it and doesnā€™t really take up a ton of cubic space.

Iā€™m running the kicker key 500.1 to the sub and it sounds great.

Here it is in my 2dr:

Ford Bronco What are people using for subs that don't take up room ? ? ? ? 7C35433F-A459-4647-B5E8-DD98E6C37A06

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought the box from Ford and had an 8 installed by a local shop. They cut a hole in existing panel and installed a screen over it to look factory. Of course, I also had them replace all the speakers and add an amp.
Do you have photos?

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m thinking I want to try the Kicker hideaway 10ā€, if I donā€™t like it in my Bronco I can use it behind the rear seat in my Lightning when it shows up. For those using the Kicker, is it more of a bass fill or like having a real sub? Iā€™ve seen the 8ā€ mounted behind the panel where the B&O sub goes, does anyone know if the 10ā€ would fit there?

The SRQ box for the stock location looks good, more solid than the factory enclosure. Iā€™m sure other companies will make something similar eventually.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you happen to try installing this behind the panel?
no, i looked when the panel was off and it looked tight. there may be more room in the other side where the factory sub would exist.

i opted for easy, and it doesn't take much room. plus i use the molle for other things.

greatlakes

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Buick Special
Your Bronco Model
Base
It definitely takes up more space than the factory location or the hideaway units, but I'm making a shallow, down-firing 10" enclosure for my four-door. As someone who also has gone way-overboard in the past, I can't imagine I'll be happy with a single 8" sub.

Ford Bronco What are people using for subs that don't take up room ? ? ? ? 1658501520423

Ford Bronco What are people using for subs that don't take up room ? ? ? ? 1658501557018

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I found a company who made a box that goes where the b&o sub would go. It was 625$ I said eff that and made my own. I also made a little write up post about it. Powered by a marine alpine amp thats mounted in the storage thing in the back-back
Ford Bronco What are people using for subs that don't take up room ? ? ? ? 62381532-2A42-479E-A167-10FC05708D61

Sponsored

Sassy51

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Blk BD 2.3 Auto - 1/11/22+9/21/22 11/29/22
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I found a company who made a box that goes where the b&o sub would go. It was 625$ I said eff that and made my own. I also made a little write up post about it. Powered by a marine alpine amp thats mounted in the storage thing in the back-back
Ford Bronco What are people using for subs that don't take up room ? ? ? ? 3gxt_IAHaFj?w=259&h=192&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.05&pid=1
Beautiful!! This is EXACTLY what I was looking for! Iā€™ll check out your other thread THANK U!!!

SoCalG

Black Diamond
First Name
SoCalG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

MTmeterguy

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco What are people using for subs that don't take up room ? ? ? ? 978DAAF5-71D1-4C29-BBB9-2880679DCA94
That's also what I'm looking for! How many sheets of mdf did it take and what is max depth for sub to fit?

Beautiful work sir

EMBronco

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great setup! How did you attach it to the back of the seat?
I used the straps and mounting hardware that came with the sub. The back of the seat is a hard surface, probably plastic, that is covered with carpet. I attached the straps to this using the screws that came with the sub. The sub rest on the ledge behind the back seat, so there's not much weight on the straps. If I ever want to take the sub out, all I have to do is unhood the two Velcro straps and unplug the wire connector.
Sponsored