Sponsored

What are people using for subs that don't take up room ? ? ? ?

iBrad81

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have this ready to go for when the Bronco gets here, copied another member on this forum except I went 1 step further and ordered a 2 door rear quarter panel for the lux so it covers it up and looks factory

D0698981-0E5C-4B39-8F72-5BEFF590F914.jpeg
Sponsored

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks awesome. For those of you doing the factory BO enclosure, do you know how much depth the enclosure allows and approximate volume? I did this in my MB wagon. My car audio guy was super skeptical about the quality of the factory plastic enclosure but I said let’s try it. And fit a JL 8” (not one of the super low profile ones either) and it sounds so good. When taking into account it is completely hidden

iBrad81

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks awesome. For those of you doing the factory BO enclosure, do you know how much depth the enclosure allows and approximate volume? I did this in my MB wagon. My car audio guy was super skeptical about the quality of the factory plastic enclosure but I said let’s try it. And fit a JL 8” (not one of the super low profile ones either) and it sounds so good. When taking into account it is completely hidden
I wanted to run something else but depth is pretty shallow so went with the kicker compRT dual 4 ohm shallow mount since others had luck with it and it matches up nicely with the kicker 500.1
I wanted to run JL Audio but they don’t make a shallow 8” to fit.

I also sound deadened the crap out of it and poly filled it, no clue how it will sound for awhile, build date is still 2 weeks away as of now

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wanted to run something else but depth is pretty shallow so went with the kicker compRT dual 4 ohm shallow mount since others had luck with it and it matches up nicely with the kicker 500.1

I also sound deadened the crap out of it and poly filled it, no clue how it will sound for awhile, build date is still 2 weeks away as of now
I had the normal depth 12" compR in the prefab kicker box in my 2 door jeep as well. It was amazing for such a small vehicle. I don't want to take up that much room this time but man it sounded good for my purposes. I'll give this shallow 8 a look when i get around to my build. Thanks

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm also curious about upgrading the factory BO subwoofer ..

Sponsored

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

curious to hear more about this - I want to add to the BO low end without spending a ton of money... how'd it go?

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited: