Sponsored

What are some small, nit-picky things you want done right with the Bronco?

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
When I get out of my '04 'vette and into my FiST, that's one of the few things I don't like about the Fiesta. In traffic I constantly have to get on the brake instead of being able to control speed using the throttle. I think for off road use engine braking would be helpful as well.
I didn't know they were intentionally engineering out engine braking on these things, that would be disappointing. It's not just that the FiST has a tiny little engine so relatively little engine braking compared to the vette?
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I didn't know they were intentionally engineering out engine braking on these things, that would be disappointing. It's not just that the FiST has a tiny little engine so relatively little engine braking compared to the vette?
It's possible that you are right. That would be a downside of a small boosted engine is it gives good power under boost, but there isn't as much engine braking. My GT350 had more engine braking than the FiST, for sure. I believe they are designing some of the braking out, though. The GT350 would gradually give you more and more engine braking the longer you stayed off the throttle, but never a lot. The 04 Corvette and even my 1986 Porsche 944 with the little 2.5 have way more engine braking than the newer Fords I've owned.

Maybe it could be part of a drive mode, like in off-road mode you get full engine braking, but when in normal mode it reverts to whatever gives you the best fuel economy.

oldguy

First Name
oldguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
how about an access hatch, removable plate or something to make in-tank fuel pump/filter replacement easier then dropping the tank?

place to toss spare change as it usually ends up in the ashtray or cup holder

colds and allergies suck as always blowing your nose and their isn't any place to put a small box of tissue or store excess napkins from the fast food places so there's always a snot rag handy

Garage door opener? some vehicles have a place in an overhead console to put it but it often gets clipped to a visor. With all the electronics could there be a setting or option on the infotainment system to program a garage door opener? Plenty of sensors so why not a small transmitter up on the windshield

Controls near the cup holders always seem to get stuff splashed on them eventually and it's a pain to try to clean out all the places liquids can spill. Open soda can in a cup holder on a trail can spill out, same with coffee mug but at least many of those have a flap to cover the opening if someone remembers to use it.

Are there enough nooks and crannies to put maps, flashlight, leatherman, jumper cables, gloves so their handy when you have to help a jeep owner change a flat, chewing gum, eyeglass wipe and all the other stuff that accumulates.

ericmario

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm all about the "less is more" approach when it comes to cars, so I find myself removing things than adding at first.

One thing I definitely plan on doing is removing the spare tire and mount, and replace it with some sort of decklid panel (or the rear trunk door altogether if a decklid panel is not an option). I just prefer the cleaner look.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No auto stop/start!! If they do, then please make it so you can permanently turn it off. I hate vehicles that make you do it every time to start the vehicle.
You need to look into Forscan.

Sponsored

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
how about an access hatch, removable plate or something to make in-tank fuel pump/filter replacement easier then dropping the tank?

place to toss spare change as it usually ends up in the ashtray or cup holder

colds and allergies suck as always blowing your nose and their isn't any place to put a small box of tissue or store excess napkins from the fast food places so there's always a snot rag handy

Garage door opener? some vehicles have a place in an overhead console to put it but it often gets clipped to a visor. With all the electronics could there be a setting or option on the infotainment system to program a garage door opener? Plenty of sensors so why not a small transmitter up on the windshield

Controls near the cup holders always seem to get stuff splashed on them eventually and it's a pain to try to clean out all the places liquids can spill. Open soda can in a cup holder on a trail can spill out, same with coffee mug but at least many of those have a flap to cover the opening if someone remembers to use it.

Are there enough nooks and crannies to put maps, flashlight, leatherman, jumper cables, gloves so their handy when you have to help a jeep owner change a flat, chewing gum, eyeglass wipe and all the other stuff that accumulates.
AC vents in the second row!

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I agree with the garage door opener. All my Toyota’s have it.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How about a ready plug n play CB hookup under the dash/under a fake aux button and wired antenna mount on the rear tire holder.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If rock rails/sliders are part of a trim package, they should be frame mounted, not body mounted, or let me opt out.

Quick release mechanism for rear seats, especially the 2dr.
Sponsored