Sponsored

What are the chances of someone backing out of a custom order that arrives at a dealer lot?

Bronco 215

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tiktok.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Over the past two weeks, I have been hunting Ford Bronco Badlands at all local dealerships that come in. My hope is that someone who ordered backs out.

What are the chances of this happening for those who have any experience? I am looking to trade in my 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands (w/ Badlands package & towing capability). Wanting to know if I should keep up my effort or waive the white flag. Thanks!
Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

no reason to stop, just understand that if someone does that dealer is likely to slap their 10-25k markup on it, and you'll quickly lose interest in dealing with them.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am sure plenty of people have backed out and not gone through with the purchase. The question is how much you are willing to pay above sticker to get one.

HotRod76

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's probably all going to come down to perseverance. It's hard to say. Some might back out due to climbing interest rates, but I would bet you will see more once the order banks open up again and people start opting to order vs buy and paying ADM, then inventory may start going back up at dealerships.

OP
OP
Bronco 215

Bronco 215

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tiktok.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kind of feel like that value will come right down. Not sure if people are stupid enough to pay $20k more for a vehicle than sticker.

Sponsored

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ended up not taking my Badlands order, because I had gotten something else. The dealer was able to sell it immediately, so you might want to see if you can get on a waiting list somewhere to give yourself a better chance.

DDGator

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend 4-door Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Agree with the others. This happens frequently enough. But you have to have a salesman who will call you first, immediately, and then you have to act quickly to buy it -- most likely at least $5k to $10k over sticker.

jsteph262

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Kind of feel like that value will come right down. Not sure if people are stupid enough to pay $20k more for a vehicle than sticker.
Its extremely common for dealers to sell Broncos $10k over sticker or more. That will continue to happen until people stop buying them, which hasn't happened yet.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Make the rounds, search the internet, Cargurus, autotrader, etc. Find a unit taht meets your specs, send them an email offer with your trade highlighted. With gas where it is, despite teh current $1000 cash back on Sports the used market for Bronco Sposrts is still high (higher than reasonable)

Spot price today of WTI Crude is over $122 but the last 5 year average runs about $60 or half. How many roads and driveways can be still fixed at $122? When we could not even fix potholes at $60? Watch your taxes, they can only go up to cover the cost to municipalities. And with more efficient or alternative energy vehicles there is even less gas tax money for roads (unfortunately in our state of PA with the highest or nearly so gas tax it is not even dedicated to roads but instead goes into the general fund

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronco 215

Bronco 215

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tiktok.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ended up not taking my Badlands order, because I had gotten something else. The dealer was able to sell it immediately, so you might want to see if you can get on a waiting list somewhere to give yourself a better chance.
Yep I have called so many dealers telling them call me immediately if said Bronco does not sell!

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Badlands in general there are not a lot out there to begin with so you will most definitely be paying a hefty premium for one for the foreseeable future.

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

keep trying you have nothing to lose. Good Luck. I dont even have a VIN yet on my Badlands haha

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Monaco Ford in central Connecticut has (might be had at this point) a 2-door Badlands manual transmission for sale. They had also just received a 4-door soft top Badlands… which I’m sure is either for sale now or has already sold.

Not sure where in Pennsylvania you are, but if you are in eastern PA it may be worth the ~3 hour drive.

Expect the usual $15k - $25k dealer markup. Monaco Ford is generally sticking to MSRP (or close to MSRP) for retail ordered vehicles. But on-lot used vehicles are fair game for markup.
Sponsored