Sponsored

What are the differences between Base Sasquatch and Black Diamond Sasquatch?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can add rock rails to the base for $595 and the Sass'd base includes lockers.

So you're basically paying for the option of adding more packages - paying Ford for the opportunity to give them more money. What a terrific feature (that's my sarcastic voice).

If Ford's goal was to get Base people to abandon the Squatch (or move to a Sport) due to limited parts availability, and their strategy to achieve this was bumping the Sas price up, they're failing miserably. I think most people will just move from a higher trim down to a Base, and still get it Squatched.
I think I had a thread deleted where I ranted at Ford because not having MID Manual available makes it pointless to buy up a trim from Base. It's a 5k penalty yet you gain little, except access to more options that you still have to pay for.

From Base 2door :
Mid effectively costs you $8000 minimum.
Base to Big Bend $5000
Mid ................................$1500
Required auto .......$1600

I am literally trying to jump up to BB or BD , but the MID Manual exclusion makes it impossible. Short of the $50k Badlands, which I refuse to consider at that price point....I'd rather a decent, better equipped Crew F250 4x4 for 50k ....and I can still get X plan or better on that!!! LOL
Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
There was no price increase.
The 2020 Sasquatch is required to have the 10A.
The late 2020 to 2021 Sasquatch will have the 7M as an option .

The most recent price clarification was exactly that.
A price clarification for those who thought that they would get something for nothing.
Disagree. They included the 10AT in the price of the squatch. Now that they figured out they could build a mansquatch they decided to charge extra for the 10spd auto instead of reducing the squatch price for those who wanted a mansquatch...

tlubull

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Base
Disagree. They included the 10AT in the price of the squatch. Now that they figured out they could build a mansquatch they decided to charge extra for the 10spd auto instead of reducing the squatch price for those who wanted a mansquatch...
That makes sense for sure, did we really think Mansquatch would come at a discount? We probably brought the pricing model up with all our demands.

Supply and demand - we demand, they supply.
For a price.

It does beg the question why Ford made auto mandatory for SAS in the first place...

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I looked at the same two options as well
As the other models. If I built a 4dr base, with rock rail, Squatch bash plates, 2.7 it would be a little less but I would also
Loose the mid package and MGV seats. Without looking again I think I’m missing something else also....
if I’m going to make payments I’m getting exactly what I want out of the gate. Still think I’m going with the Black Diamond.
it pisses me off they raised the price.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There was no price increase.
The 2020 Sasquatch is required to have the 10A.
The late 2020 to 2021 Sasquatch will have the 7M as an option .

The most recent price clarification was exactly that.
A price clarification for those who thought that they would get something for nothing.
Regardless of what you want to call "the price clarification" the B&P showed one price and now it shows another. Most people on the forum thought that the auto price was missing which accounts for the NUMEROUS threads talking about it and asking Ford reps about it. When you have the Brand Manager confirm that the reps are correct in saying that the auto comes with the mid package and its a steal, that's when it became a price hike in most people's eyes. In the grand scheme of things this is a lame argument and not worth telling everyone you can "I told you so"....it's not the point. What is frustrating is the cluster that is Sasquatch. Once you add Sas to a vehicle all the prices get slammed into a super small price space that makes no sense. With the "price clarification" as you call it WT is now cheaper than 3 trims below it (BD, OBX, and BL). WT is considered the top trim by most (I say its BL, but thats just me) it shouldn't be overlapping 3 trims down. That is like taking the Platinum F-150 and having it price overlap the XLT. Before the $1600 was added back on the price tree worked other than OBX was a tad high. Having Sas available created a pricing anomaly that Ford didn't take into consideration very well. A BD Sas should be cheaper than an OBX Sas which in turn should be cheaper than a WT Sas. That's all I was trying to say.

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Regardless of what you want to call "the price clarification" the B&P showed one price and now it shows another. Most people on the forum thought that the auto price was missing which accounts for the NUMEROUS threads talking about it and asking Ford reps about it. When you have the Brand Manager confirm that the reps are correct in saying that the auto comes with the mid package and its a steal, that's when it became a price hike in most people's eyes. In the grand scheme of things this is a lame argument and not worth telling everyone you can "I told you so"....it's not the point. What is frustrating is the cluster that is Sasquatch. Once you add Sas to a vehicle all the prices get slammed into a super small price space that makes no sense. With the "price clarification" as you call it WT is now cheaper than 3 trims below it (BD, OBX, and BL). WT is considered the top trim by most (I say its BL, but thats just me) it shouldn't be overlapping 3 trims down. That is like taking the Platinum F-150 and having it price overlap the XLT. Before the $1600 was added back on the price tree worked other than OBX was a tad high. Having Sas available created a pricing anomaly that Ford didn't take into consideration very well. A BD Sas should be cheaper than an OBX Sas which in turn should be cheaper than a WT Sas. That's all I was trying to say.
Yup! I never considered the Wildtrak, but after the $1595 increase for 2.7L on all trims x/OBX, it's something I'm taking a hard look at.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I really like the MGV but the cost to jump from base to BD doesn't seem to be a good deal. I'm leaning towards the base sasquatch, and then going katskinz and other vendors for some upgrades.
Ford Bronco What are the differences between Base Sasquatch and Black Diamond Sasquatch? 1608816735489

rchapa8

Badlands
First Name
richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Chevy Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BD Sasquatch is not a good deal now with the $1600 price increase. Best to compare to BL or WT as anything on the BD you will be able to buy as take offs 2 months after Broncos are delivered. There will be rock rails, steel bumpers, and bash plates galore on Craigslist. Ford ruined the BD Sas.
All depends what you want imo. I was all in on the BL but after price changes started looking at other options and came up with this. If I missed something feel free to correct me. Adding the mid puts u at the same price as a BL, trade off just off the top is mid extras, lose the swy disconnect, get sport mode.
2dr BD Sas, 2.7, auto, mid, towing and bimini top 48,774
2dr BL non-sas, 2.7, auto, towing and bimini top 48,034

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It does beg the question why Ford made auto mandatory for SAS in the first place...
Just another in a long string of obvious fails ....lol, and yet the truck still ROCKS!!!
But for the life of me , I will never understand the logic of bragging about the crawler gear tranny and then not offering it with their most offroad worthy option????

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What you’re considering is along the lines of my builds too, except in 4 door. When it comes down to it, the biggest differentiator is MGV/washout, and the ability to get the mid package. Which adds another $1500 to the BD.

I agree with everyone above, as much as I love the MGV interior, the 2.7 price increase has me thinking the difference in cost between basesquatch and any higher trims is not worth it. In my mind the only reason to go higher than basesquatch is to get mid or higher packages, and if you’re not going for those, the upgrade to BD is too much for MGV/washout alone if Mid isn’t on your shortlist.
I'm still bummed the Mid package can't be had with the manual Black diamond. Ford is losing my money because I dropped to a base

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After reading the responses and going back to B&P, it appears my true decision is BaseManSquatch vs BD no squatch. They come out to a wash on cost. It might come down to if 33’s fit on BD and what my intended use will be. That’ll drive my decision.

OP
OP
rsmag9

rsmag9

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford's
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What did my fellow base sasquatch/BD sasquatch decision guys end up going with? I currently have a base sasquatch 2.7 ordered but as the deadline nears I'm struggling with the decision again. I did get to drive in a base sasquatch 2.7, and the cloth interior was fine, nothing special but also not a big negative. I also drove a badlands 2.7 lux/leather non-sasquatch around a parking lot and really wasn't blown away with the 50k build. As far as the MGV the only real world experience I've had is a quick look inside a 4 door non sasquatch BD, and the two tone color was fine but the blue stitching really stood out more than in the pics. I'm hoping for one more real world look before the deadline. Anyone else have any insight?

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone else have any insight?
Considering that you have gotten to actually drive two different Broncos and visually look at one other Bronco, I'd say that you should be giving us insight. You are part of the .001%. The rest of us have only seen photos.

OP
OP
rsmag9

rsmag9

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford's
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

haha, well I did share but was curious on what some of you guys who were in a similar boat decided to go with.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I honestly can’t justify the price jump from the basesquanch to the BDsquanch.
Sponsored