Sponsored

What are the differences between Base Sasquatch and Black Diamond Sasquatch?

OP
OP
rsmag9

rsmag9

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford's
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I honestly can’t justify the price jump from the basesquanch to the BDsquanch.
With most everything being able to added on later (or now if you prefer Ford's bumpers etc) it really comes down the the MGV seats and washout floor IMO. Too much time to think about it!
Sponsored

BoerneBronco

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What did my fellow base sasquatch/BD sasquatch decision guys end up going with? I currently have a base sasquatch 2.7 ordered but as the deadline nears I'm struggling with the decision again. I did get to drive in a base sasquatch 2.7, and the cloth interior was fine, nothing special but also not a big negative. I also drove a badlands 2.7 lux/leather non-sasquatch around a parking lot and really wasn't blown away with the 50k build. As far as the MGV the only real world experience I've had is a quick look inside a 4 door non sasquatch BD, and the two tone color was fine but the blue stitching really stood out more than in the pics. I'm hoping for one more real world look before the deadline. Anyone else have any insight?
Pics or it didn't happen :)

OP
OP
rsmag9

rsmag9

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford's
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wish I could post pics but after the whole Stig thing I can't risk it.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
But for the life of me , I will never understand the logic of bragging about the crawler gear tranny and then not offering it with their most offroad worthy option????
Because......

Badlands MT is simply wheels/tires away from being "sasquatch"? Soooooooo the crawler gear is absolutely offered with the most off road worthy option? If you were serious about off roading in the first place, you wouldn't be giddy with excitement over the tires that come with Sasquatch, you would be seeking to replace them with better tires anyway. Then where are you at? Oh right. Badlands MT. Super cool crawler gear, best gearing, all the hardware, most fun out of a Bronco build, and you can get the wheels/tires you will actually be using.

I'm still constantly being shocked at the price of peoples builds, then having look at their details that they have selected the 2.7/AT as if it was standard kit. That's a LOT of extra money just to dislike driving every moment you're in the vehicle. Why not simply get a Prius so you could hate driving?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because......

Badlands MT is simply wheels/tires away from being "sasquatch"? Soooooooo the crawler gear is absolutely offered with the most off road worthy option? If you were serious about off roading in the first place, you wouldn't be giddy with excitement over the tires that come with Sasquatch, you would be seeking to replace them with better tires anyway. Then where are you at? Oh right. Badlands MT. Super cool crawler gear, best gearing, all the hardware, most fun out of a Bronco build, and you can get the wheels/tires you will actually be using.

I'm still constantly being shocked at the price of peoples builds, then having look at their details that they have selected the 2.7/AT as if it was standard kit. That's a LOT of extra money just to dislike driving every moment you're in the vehicle. Why not simply get a Prius so you could hate driving?
I'm shocked at how my build regressed as time passed.
I was fully prepared to go all out on what we now know as a Badlands type Bronco. I was not happy with what I was getting for 48 to 50k.
Then, after b&p hit, I flirted very strongly with Base Squatch at 40 to 42-ish.

Ended up ordering base Base @ 33k. Lol

Sponsored

Broncogoat

Badlands
First Name
lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Trac, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys, I'm a little confused and could use some help with my two builds. I have two very similar builds that I'm torn between and I'm not sure if I'm missing something considering the price difference.

2 door Base, Sasquatch, 2.7l auto, HD bumper, AUX switches, floor liners $42,050 (or $40,455 if the build price update is incorrect, like I read)

2 door BD, Sasquatch, 2.7l auto, floor liners. $46,485

Are the following things the only thing I'd be getting for $4435/$6035?
1. MGV seats, washout floor
2. additional goat modes
3. leather steering wheel
4. bumper (added to my base build)
5. aux switches (added to my base build)
6. white bronco letters on grill (seems like an easy upgrade down the road)

Thanks!

broncobaserear.jpg
electronic stabilizer bar disconnect is the biggie and the ability to add the mid package for next to nothing. heavy duty bash plates, LED head and tail lights, I'm sure there is more others can add.

OP
OP
rsmag9

rsmag9

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford's
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

electronic stabilizer bar disconnect is the biggie and the ability to add the mid package for next to nothing. heavy duty bash plates, LED head and tail lights, I'm sure there is more others can add.
I think you are combining Badlands and Black Diamond... Ford is not offering the sway bar disconnect, or signature lights on the Black Diamond.

Broncogoat

Badlands
First Name
lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Trac, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm shocked at how my build regressed as time passed.
I was fully prepared to go all out on what we now know as a Badlands type Bronco. I was not happy with what I was getting for 48 to 50k.
Then, after b&p hit, I flirted very strongly with Base Squatch at 40 to 42-ish.

Ended up ordering base Base @ 33k. Lol
If you compare the BD with the jeep Rubicon the price is in line all depends on your plans for the vehicle. Your build
I think you are combining Badlands and Black Diamond... Ford is not offering the sway bar disconnect, or signature lights on the Black Diamond.
your correct I miss understood and thought he was comparing BL with base
Sponsored