Sponsored

What are the differences between Base Sasquatch and Black Diamond Sasquatch?

rsmag9

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford's
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey guys, I'm a little confused and could use some help with my two builds. I have two very similar builds that I'm torn between and I'm not sure if I'm missing something considering the price difference.

2 door Base, Sasquatch, 2.7l auto, HD bumper, AUX switches, floor liners $42,050 (or $40,455 if the build price update is incorrect, like I read)

2 door BD, Sasquatch, 2.7l auto, floor liners. $46,485

Are the following things the only thing I'd be getting for $4435/$6035?
1. MGV seats, washout floor
2. additional goat modes
3. leather steering wheel
4. bumper (added to my base build)
5. aux switches (added to my base build)
6. white bronco letters on grill (seems like an easy upgrade down the road)

Thanks!

Ford Bronco What are the differences between Base Sasquatch and Black Diamond Sasquatch? broncobaserear
Sponsored

Last edited:

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pretty much. And additional colors if you care about those but looks like you like Oxford white. Also tinted back glass and 2nd row windows and leather gearshift as well.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Rock rails on B/D,ability to add mid pack/tow pack,rear lockers,4.46 ratio lowers sas price
,more color options

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey guys, I'm a little confused and could use some help with my two builds. I have two very similar builds that I'm torn between and I'm not sure if I'm missing something considering the price difference.

2 door Base, Sasquatch, 2.7l auto, HD bumper, AUX switches, floor liners $42,050 (or $40,455 if the build price update is incorrect, like I read)

2 door BD, Sasquatch, 2.7l auto, floor liners. $46,485

Are the following things the only thing I'd be getting for $4435/$6035?
1. MGV seats, washout floor
2. additional goat modes
3. leather steering wheel
4. bumper (added to my base build)
5. aux switches (added to my base build)
6. white bronco letters on grill (seems like an easy upgrade down the road)

Thanks!

Ford Bronco What are the differences between Base Sasquatch and Black Diamond Sasquatch? broncobaserear
IF you don't care about MGV seats & metal bumpers and rails, Base is a way better deal.
If you do care about those things, Base is still a way better deal.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is very helpful to have this thread. I'm deciding between the same 2 models, except I'm back to BaseManSquatch and BlackManSquatch. I'm considering both without Squatch as well.

Thanks for starting this.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BD Sasquatch is not a good deal now with the $1600 price increase. Best to compare to BL or WT as anything on the BD you will be able to buy as take offs 2 months after Broncos are delivered. There will be rock rails, steel bumpers, and bash plates galore on Craigslist. Ford ruined the BD Sas.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Rock rails on B/D,ability to add mid pack/tow pack,rear lockers,4.46 ratio lowers sas price
,more color options
You can add rock rails to the base for $595 and the Sass'd base includes lockers.

So you're basically paying for the option of adding more packages - paying Ford for the opportunity to give them more money. What a terrific feature (that's my sarcastic voice).

If Ford's goal was to get Base people to abandon the Squatch (or move to a Sport) due to limited parts availability, and their strategy to achieve this was bumping the Sas price up, they're failing miserably. I think most people will just move from a higher trim down to a Base, and still get it Squatched.

Sponsored

Bronco_joe

Black Diamond
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm in between the exact same builds also. I do like the 2 tone mgv but is it worth paying the extra. I guess will see when the final prices hit, which I'm not keeping my hopes up

Jeffwomack

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I really like the MGV but the cost to jump from base to BD doesn't seem to be a good deal. I'm leaning towards the base sasquatch, and then going katskinz and other vendors for some upgrades.
I’m going katskin too. I think one could get em installed for $1000-1200 bucks and get a two tone if they want.

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What you’re considering is along the lines of my builds too, except in 4 door. When it comes down to it, the biggest differentiator is MGV/washout, and the ability to get the mid package. Which adds another $1500 to the BD.

I agree with everyone above, as much as I love the MGV interior, the 2.7 price increase has me thinking the difference in cost between basesquatch and any higher trims is not worth it. In my mind the only reason to go higher than basesquatch is to get mid or higher packages, and if you’re not going for those, the upgrade to BD is too much for MGV/washout alone if Mid isn’t on your shortlist.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
BD Sasquatch is not a good deal now with the $1600 price increase. Best to compare to BL or WT as anything on the BD you will be able to buy as take offs 2 months after Broncos are delivered. There will be rock rails, steel bumpers, and bash plates galore on Craigslist. Ford ruined the BD Sas.
There was no price increase.
The 2020 Sasquatch is required to have the 10A.
The late 2020 to 2021 Sasquatch will have the 7M as an option .

The most recent price clarification was exactly that.
A price clarification for those who thought that they would get something for nothing.
Sponsored