Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There are essentially three wheels you can get on the BL. The standard ones are your 2nd pic. The ones at the event are optional wheels that are beadlock capable that come with the 33 MTs. Then the third option is the Sasquatch wheels in the Squatch package.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rubisquatch

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Take a look at this Bronco Nation interview here with a Bronco engineer. Scrub to the 10min mark. He talks about the 33” BFG KO2s LT285/70R17 All-Terrains as standard on Badlands and the option to switch to the Goodyear 33“ LT285/70R17 Mud-Terrains which come with the aesthetic beadlock-capable ring that you’re talking about in this thread. Both wheels are 17”. I prefer the look of the beadlock-capable ring (which comes in black and silver) but not sure how much noisier the mud-terrains will be or how much quicker they’ll wear as a daily driver.

1600020562057.jpeg
Thank you - this makes the most sense to me. And I too like the look of the MT wheels much better than the AT wheel options.

OP
OP
Rubisquatch

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There are essentially three wheels you can get on the BL. The standard ones are your 2nd pic. The ones at the event are optional wheels that are beadlock capable that come with the 33 MTs. Then the third option is the Sasquatch wheels in the Squatch package.
thank you for confirming - I like the MT wheels the best

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Take a look at this Bronco Nation interview here with a Bronco engineer. Scrub to the 10min mark. He talks about the 33” BFG KO2s LT285/70R17 All-Terrains as standard on Badlands and the option to switch to the Goodyear 33“ LT285/70R17 Mud-Terrains which come with the aesthetic beadlock-capable ring that you’re talking about in this thread. Both wheels are 17”. I prefer the look of the beadlock-capable ring (which comes in black and silver) but not sure how much noisier the mud-terrains will be or how much quicker they’ll wear as a daily driver.

1600020562057.jpeg
The ones at the CO show were not “true” MT tires. I have true MT tires on my f150 and wrangler. Those on the Bronco are almost a hybrid of AT & MT or middle ground.

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The ones at the CO show were not “true” MT tires. I have true MT tires on my f150 and wrangler. Those on the Bronco are almost a hybrid of AT & MT or middle ground.
Yea I’ve seen a lot of talk about what Ford is categorizing as MT tires. Most people seem to agree that their “MT” tires are very much a hybrid which is great for people who want the best of both worlds.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yea I’ve seen a lot of talk about what Ford is categorizing as MT tires. Most people seem to agree that their “MT” tires are very much a hybrid which is great for people who want the best of both worlds.
So ai think people need to stop worrying about their road noise, as they will not be obnoxiously loud. My truck tires are not loud for MT tires but then my wrangler ones are with the open exposed aftermarket fenders.

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So ai think people need to stop worrying about their road noise, as they will not be obnoxiously loud. My truck tires are not loud for MT tires but then my wrangler ones are with the open exposed aftermarket fenders.
That’s good to know. I don’t have much in-person experience with MT. Just based on physics of sound, presence and/or type of flairs will definitely affect noise more than the actual tires to a certain extent. Plus, if you have high package sound dampening, it won’t even matter AT vs MT.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
and if I remember correctly - the ones at bronco west were wearing 33s - so - it got the Sasquatch bead lock capable wheels but with 33” tires.... interesting to see how / if this is packaged from Ford.
Beadlocks are an option with or without Sasquatch.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s good to know. I don’t have much in-person experience with MT. Just based on physics of sound, presence and/or type of flairs will definitely affect noise more than the actual tires to a certain extent. Plus, if you have high package sound dampening, it won’t even matter AT vs MT.
Yeah my truck is 6” lifted w/ 35” MT tires, I daily drive it 56 miles round trip to/from work at speeds 70-75mph. Whether I have the sunroof open or the windows down, I have more wind noise entering the truck than my tires. Wife and I can have a conversation at that speed perfectly fine or I can talk on the phone with the windows up. The wrangler with the soft top, I cant talk on the phone.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I disagree to an extent.
Use GoodYear's Dura-tracs as an example, not a bad tire at all, fairly aggressive tread design, fairly quiet when new .....add 10 or 15k miles and they become VERY loud....at least that is my experience with them.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I disagree to an extent.
Use GoodYear's Dura-tracs as an example, not a bad tire at all, fairly aggressive tread design, fairly quiet when new .....add 10 or 15k miles and they become VERY loud....at least that is my experience with them.
I have toyo open country M/T (35x12.50/20) on my truck w/ 40k miles on them and my wife has KO2 AT 275/55/20 on her grand cherokee w/ 40k miles on them and her’s are louder inside with windows up. My truck also has the pano roof so no insulation up top.

now my cooper STT pros (35x12.50x15) on the wrangler w/ 10k miles on them are very loud.

i rotate tires every 3k miles.

i had Duratracs on my wrangler previously and they were a pain to balance and like you mentioned, they became loud after 10k miles.

No matter if the wife ends up with 33s or 35s on the Bronco, I’ll make sure theyre KO2s.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly. None of the wheels are bad...I could live with any of them, but the Sasquatch wheels are by far the best of the 3. I love the look of those wheels.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I asked the Ford employee at SuperCel (not one of the marketing people) whether they were AT or MT tires. He texted someone whom I assumed was Brad Lovell, who was nearby but not in our line of sight, and relayed to me that he was told they are ATs. He also said the wheels were the optional beadlock-capable wheels, as folks have said.

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have toyo open country M/T (35x12.50/20) on my truck w/ 40k miles on them and my wife has KO2 AT 275/55/20 on her grand cherokee w/ 40k miles on them and her’s are louder inside with windows up. My truck also has the pano roof so no insulation up top.

now my cooper STT pros (35x12.50x15) on the wrangler w/ 10k miles on them are very loud.

i rotate tires every 3k miles.

i had Duratracs on my wrangler previously and they were a pain to balance and like you mentioned, they became loud after 10k miles.

No matter if the wife ends up with 33s or 35s on the Bronco, I’ll make sure theyre KO2s.
In summary, seems like tire selection and noise is going to be completely based on the dampening, ride height, flairs, etc specific to the Bronco. Not gonna know which tire is best until you drive it. Probably gonna get the KO2s with the beadlock ring if available. I’ll switch to the Goodyears if the ring is only available on them. I definitely don’t need Sasquatch for my uses haha.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your second pic is the one mentioned in the pdf and shown online.
The event Badlands looks like it's wearing Squatch rims. (which I hope are available)
They will be. Beadlock capable with either carbonized grey, or warm alloy rings. Whatever warm alloy is? I wish Ford would show us some pictures.
Sponsored