Sponsored

What are the Wrangler Forums saying about Bronco?

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am a member on Wrangler Forum. As much as y'all poop on SFA here, they poop on IFS over there. (I'm not a serious offroader, so don't really care.)

Edit: There is a lot more chatter about Jeep here than there is about Ford over there.
Look around your Jeep forums, probably don't have a massive influx of new members. Most likely made up of people that have been there for some time and always had a Jeep on the brain.

Take a look around here.. Massive numbers of people came in after the reveal. From all walks of life too.. How many people here talk about their BMW, Benz... Audi... Will the Bronco ride the same? It's more that just Bronco enthusiasts here.. It's a big mix of that along with people that are intrigued by the Bronco... Thinking about maybe getting out more, doing more camping and whatnot. And also comparing the Bronco to the Jeep because they just don't know.

A large portion of future owners here feel like they have to prove that the Bronco is Better.
Meanwhile most Jeep owners just don't care.
:LOL:
See above comment. I don't need to prove anything. The Jeep could be a far superior vehicle and I'd still tell you the Bronco is better. I like the Bronco... Not the Wrangler
Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Look around your Jeep forums, probably don't have a massive influx of new members. Most likely made up of people that have been there for some time and always had a Jeep on the brain.
I've seen it for almost 3 decades. Every new Jeep variation brings in a slew of new members while at the same time, not losing many. As there are obviously existing owners of an existing product, the number of new members will never be as large as a completely new product. 6 years from now, if Ford comes out with a new version of the Bronco, that will be a closer comparison.

See above comment. I don't need to prove anything. The Jeep could be a far superior vehicle and I'd still tell you the Bronco is better. I like the Bronco... Not the Wrangler
And yet here you are responding that the Bronco is better. Meanwhile in Jeep land, loads of Zerofawks being given. Thanks for proving my point. :LOL:

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Growing impatient with the Bronco release... I went to look at a Jeep a couple of years ago. I just couldn’t pull the trigger on it though, I’ve never cared for the overall look of Jeeps. Plus I am one of those stupid brand loyal type of folks... and I’m good with it.

AleYeah

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Unlimited, 1976 VW poptop Bus
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Take a look around here.. Massive numbers of people came in after the reveal. From all walks of life too.. How many people here talk about their BMW, Benz... Audi... Will the Bronco ride the same? It's more that just Bronco enthusiasts here.. It's a big mix of that along with people that are intrigued by the Bronco... Thinking about maybe getting out more, doing more camping and whatnot. And also comparing the Bronco to the Jeep because they just don't know.
No argument here, and I'm not defending the average Jeeper's attitude toward the Bronco.

All the Jeep vs Ford sh!t talking doesn't even make sense IMO until the new Bronco actually arrives and we get some real life info on it.

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s a compliment of sorts - the Scout was a great vehicle.
My other buddy has had a few great scouts, 800's and II's. My favorite of his was a factory diesel, dark Bullett kind of green. Unstoppable except for a cool winter morning, then it was pretty grumpy. He still has a 800 with a 302 that's he's driven to the Rubicon, Moab and back (Seattle) in the 70's. They are great rigs.

Sponsored

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why does it matter? Why do so many people, both on this forum and in Jeep forums, have to declare their vehicle better (and therefore themselves)? Seems to me we should focus more on what we have in common--like enjoying an open air ride, whether it's to the mall or on a gnarly trail a thousand miles from home.

My wife and I have 2 Jeeps and they've been great vehicles, but I'm REALLY looking forward to my Bronco. My wife really wants a Gladiator, and probably will get one in the next few years (I'll still love her and want to wheel with her).

But....
If I were on a Jeep forum and looking to bash the Bronco, I'd be saying something like...
I have yet to see a map label a trail a "Bronco Trail", but I've seen plenty of "Jeep Trails".

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why does it matter? Why do so many people, both on this forum and in Jeep forums, have to declare their vehicle better (and therefore themselves)? Seems to me we should focus more on what we have in common--like enjoying an open air ride, whether it's to the mall or on a gnarly trail a thousand miles from home.

My wife and I have 2 Jeeps and they've been great vehicles, but I'm REALLY looking forward to my Bronco. My wife really wants a Gladiator, and probably will get one in the next few years (I'll still love her and want to wheel with her).

But....
If I were on a Jeep forum and looking to bash the Bronco, I'd be saying something like...
I have yet to see a map label a trail a "Bronco Trail", but I've seen plenty of "Jeep Trails".
I call it the Tall Pecker Syndrome, and yes, it’s comical. I’ve seen people argue that their side of the street is better than someone else’s side, or someone’s dirt bike is better because it’s orange and not blue. Mostly it’s fun ribbing between friends, but sometimes haters just gotta hate.

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

A large portion of future owners here feel like they have to prove that the Bronco is Better.
Meanwhile most Jeep owners just don't care.
:LOL:
Half the content on this site is just reservation holders posting up random polls and questions to keep themselves busy. Meanwhile the Jeep guys are out on the trail. I can’t wait for us Bronco owners to be doing the same!

TiredOldMedic

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mercury Grand Marquis, 86 Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ride my Harley on the retiree rides at my local HD dealership. Its every Monday in the summer and we have one gentlemen who rides a nice Indian and we don't even give him shit about it. Just enjoy his company. LOL

Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I were a Jeep enthusiast, I'd probably be looking at the Bronco with curiosity, as well as with some envy. They have a proven product that has some warts, but lots of capability and heritage. Bronco's have a heritage, but it is not a continuous line, so there are less. But it does have the advantage of being a 'clean slate' design with a nod to its past.

For me, the wobble is an issue, and while I 'okay' with the aesthetics of the Jeeps, I love the look of the Bronco. I will likely never thrash my Bronco as hard as many of the Jeeps I see near me or many of the Bronco folks here will do. But I'm going to enjoy it and hopefully make some Jeep friends. I have a lot to learn, and am just looking for a "top off go anywhere anytime" driving experience.

I do a lot road and mountain biking - we don't trash the brands of others' bikes, we appreciate some of the cool features they have and ride and celebrate together.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually dumbass I don't know HOW I proved your popoint Did I give you 20 reasons why I feel the Bronco is better? No, I said I like the Bronco, I don't like the Wrangler... Guess I must've had a really good argument huh?

You said...

I don't need to prove to you or anyone else that because I could give two shits about what you drive. Simply not my concern.

For those that don't read, here are the cliff notes to @EvlNvrDys response
9M5.gif