Sponsored

What are the Wrangler Forums saying about Bronco?

Grabow

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s a compliment of sorts - the Scout was a great vehicle.
I think it’s less of a slam on International, and more of a nod to the fact that the original Bronco was basically a copy of the Scout.
The Bronco definitely went on to be a household name, though. Most average (non-car) folk are unfamiliar with International Harvester.
Good artists copy, great artists steal.
Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I call it the Tall Pecker Syndrome, and yes, it’s comical. I’ve seen people argue that their side of the street is better than someone else’s side, or someone’s dirt bike is better because it’s orange and not blue. Mostly it’s fun ribbing between friends, but sometimes haters just gotta hate.
I had the xr650r the big red pig
My buddy had a ktm oh boy we used to go at it but it was all good natured ribbing ktm=(kant take much)

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Fighting over brands is so weird to me. Like listening to people get into full blown arguments over Droid and IPhone. How can someone care so much about what someone else chooses to buy with their $? So weird to me.
Wait until you stumble across an EV thread that isn’t deleted.

tapper881

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm a current Jeep owner and I think you will always have those loyalist that love their brand. Each product is going to have its strong points, and hopefully the new added competition in the market will encourage improvements in that market (you know like - no death wobble in a Jeep; and some cup holders in the rear of the 4 door Bronco). All good, and hopefully we can all enjoy the good natured ribbing and some great times on the trails independent of the manufacture.

Last edited:

Sponsored

tsoapostrophe

Badlands
First Name
tsoapostrophe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Current JKU driver. I'm seriously jealous every time I see an LJ, and I think one serious advantage the 2 door Bronco has over the 2 door JL is the LJ-ish relatively generous cargo area. I wish Jeep would've made the JL 2 door basically LJ 2.0.
What language is this?
Ford Bronco What are the Wrangler Forums saying about Bronco? l2QE1bH4wvCE8CcTK

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

LOLOLOL That bear!!

LJ was a longer version of the 2 door Wrangler Tj. It had a longer wheelbase (103") and more rear storage as a result. The wheelbase was a real sweet spot that worked great in a lot of different off road situations especially in rock crawling. More here
https://jalopnik.com/why-the-2004-to-2006-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-lj-is-the-1837831885

On a different car forum, the following comment shocked me considering how anti SFA people are here.
RandomNonJeepGuy said:
A bronco with those silly independent front suspension pieces? Blasphemy.
What do the owners of Classic Bronco's think?

PrincipalD

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am excited because all the things people complain about here, Jeep will fix. Then, Bronco will fix. Competition will make both platforms better and that’s awesome for everyone. I am a year out from getting mine (I predict) and can’t wait for the forum to turn into “Here is what I just customized on my Bronco!” Maybe I am just missing all the STIG pictures..

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am excited because all the things people complain about here, Jeep will fix. Then, Bronco will fix. Competition will make both platforms better and that’s awesome for everyone. I am a year out from getting mine (I predict) and can’t wait for the forum to turn into “Here is what I just customized on my Bronco!” Maybe I am just missing all the STIG pictures..
We can hope, but slapping in a Hellcat V-8 is not exactly a fix.