Sponsored

What are you buying instead of a Bronco?

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I already have a Gladiator Rubicon .... I’m going to find a used 997 generation 911 and put more cash back into my savings account.

JK
Sponsored

Broncoaddict

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Day 2 reservation. Going to keep my paid for tacoma for my dd and build it. Always have the 71 bronco to cruise, the new bronco was just a want to have next to the 71. Maybe I'll look at the new bronco in a few years, but for now, the excitement is gone.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not going any damn place. Been waiting 25 years for a correction. ;)

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

JuicyJ

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Even though I am struggling with the interior options and what not I will more than likely stick with the bronco. I’ve been a pick up truck guy my whole life really because there was nothing else out there I liked more until the bronco was reintroduced. If I do decide against the bronco it will be back to a truck for a Ram limited or Sierra Denali

Sponsored

Villageidit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4X4 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've mentioned before that I dropped my first week reservation and bought a SxS. Been to Windrock here in Tennessee a couple of times already. Headed out again this weekend. About the time the roll out job one I should be in Utah doing Hell's Revenge and other trails. No hatred for Ford or the Bronco just decided this was the right move for me. Looking forward to meeting some of you later in the summer.

Ford Bronco What are you buying instead of a Bronco? 1608692541225

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I will be getting a Bronco, will is be a 2021 Base 4 with zero options? May wait for Green as an option. I would put it under 50% for the 2021, But heck, the Explorer could blow its transmission or I could just say screw it, 2 new vehicles in 1 year is something I can do. MachE.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Delays and problems in manufacturing and supply chains and closed plants yes COVID. Delays and false j formation in the B&P, nixing x-plan, allocation “algorithm” .... that’s ALL SQUARELY on Ford. It’s incompetence and corporatism at its worst.

Not everything can be laid at COVID’s feet.

JK
I already have a Gladiator Rubicon .... I’m going to find a used 997 generation 911 and put more cash back into my savings account.

JK
^^^^ Professional FCA troll at work folks....

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Delays and problems in manufacturing and supply chains and closed plants yes COVID. Delays and false j formation in the B&P, nixing x-plan, allocation “algorithm” .... that’s ALL SQUARELY on Ford. It’s incompetence and corporatism at its worst.

Not everything can be laid at COVID’s feet.

JK
Everything can't be laid upon COVID, you're right. But was Ford running like a well oiled machine (pun) before the world turned upside down? No.

Ford has been in such bad shape for the past 3 years, mass layoffs were likely postponed or hopefully cancelled based on all of our reservations.

Ford now knows there is a market for over 90K Broncos per year, likely closer to 150K. That's amazing.

Ford has it's issues. On their marketing cheesy videos, there's this one corporate douche looking guy with corporate looking hair in clothes that look staged who just screams problem alert! Then there's one guy on there who looks and sounds like an average man with a deep voice, but each time he speaks when answering sent in questions to the host/moderator lady, he gives a worried look at that corporate douche looking guy as if he's being judged for each word he says. That shouldn't be a part of work culture, but it is. Each word or action must be sterilized.

I want to hear from the average looking and sounding guy. Everything he said offered good insight, yet he's the guy they want to keep quiet; typical.

Why tell this story? Because that's how Ford operates; corporate. Bronco somehow made it out of concept and I still don't understand how. With this faith, I'm hoping the missteps ease off a bit.

DNVRBronco3

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep patriot
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Man I am telling you I would love a 2D Bronco. I still think the value is there in the 2D and I would still be in the game, but the family is growing and 2D wouldn't work for me.
only thing clinging me to the 4D is the space and accessibility. But then I ask myself how often I even have more than two people in my car now and do i really care about others comfort at the end of the day who need to get in my car/backsteats. its just me and my gf but she sure is hinting at the kid idea a little too much lately.... ?????? figure i gotta make my move on something I want now lol

Sponsored

DeMag1969

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Convertible Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I thought I should go out and test drive some other vehicles and I ended up buying this instead: 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road. Have had it for about a week. I went from a Ford Mustang to truck, so it has been a bit of a change to say the least! Part of the reason I went with the Tacoma was because of it's reliability and the fact that they hold their value really well. Also, I figured that since I had a 7/31 reservation, I probably wouldn't get my Bronco in 2021 with all the delays because of COVID.
Ford Bronco What are you buying instead of a Bronco? New Car

emerald86

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, 21 Badlands Bronco, 23 Braptor INBOUND
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still torn between Badlands and FE. Just as I was pretty solidly for BL the price goes up putting it close to FE price.

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m looking at 70’s- 80’s land cruisers
60’s-70’s Broncos
70’s-80’s defenders 110 over 80.
And a few international scouts.

this bronco is an extra for fun vehicle for me.

The closer this gets to 60+ k
The farther I get.
Just too many other awesome options.

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
^^^^ Professional FCA troll at work folks....
Oh no, you figured it out. I’m thwarted. Guess I’ll have to buy a Bronco now to prove to an internet douchebag I wasn’t a troll. ??‍♂

Moron.

JK
Sponsored