Sponsored

What are you buying instead of a Bronco?

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hate to say it, but since my Xterra started having massive electrical issues and I need to buy something soon, I am probably purchasing a '19 Rubicon with Sky Top tomorrow. New, they're going for $63k pimped out. A 2019 with less than 20K miles (with all the bells and whistles), I'm going to be able to get for around $45k (if my negotiation skills are up to par). If Ford hasn't screwed things up worse, I might trade for the Bronco. Or, I might just keep it. We'll see.

Chris
Sponsored

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
RAM Rebel.
I’m a first day reservation holder but have had about enough of Ford. The delays, lack of information and if they can’t get the ordering process correct how are they supposed to build a quality suv. Maybe I’ll buy a Bronco once they get their act together but I’m about ready to tap out.
Drove a RAM today and was blown away. Yes it’s not as able off-road as the Bronco will be, but it’s solid, great room for my family and tons of storage ability. Just my 2 cents.
And it has rear A/C vents! ??

JK

MardiGrasTexan

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Unless Ford changes some things on the bronco like the interior choices, then I may back out on my order, plus the Gen 3 Raptor should be released soon. I do not want to cancel, but the only two options I see are canceling the order or continuing the order and taking the Bronco straight from the delivery truck to an upholstery shop for a complete new interior lol. In the meantime a Mclaren 765LT in Tokyo Cyan blue in the works. Here is what it will look like when completed.

IMG_0852.jpeg
IMG_0853.jpeg
Nice....also, Forbes under 30...eh? I may need to look into shredding some metal....lol.

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
RAM Rebel.
I’m a first day reservation holder but have had about enough of Ford. The delays, lack of information and if they can’t get the ordering process correct how are they supposed to build a quality suv. Maybe I’ll buy a Bronco once they get their act together but I’m about ready to tap out.
Drove a RAM today and was blown away. Yes it’s not as able off-road as the Bronco will be, but it’s solid, great room for my family and tons of storage ability. Just my 2 cents.
I’ll sell you mine lol. It’s a great truck, I do love it a lot. Only reason I’m considering this is because the bronco is manual trans

Reldn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4Runner SR5P, '17 Patriot, '04 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ended up letting go of my 7/24 reservation and ordered a '21 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium. I've always been a fan of those vehicles, and the TRD ORP checked damn near every box for what I'm looking for.

Sponsored

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hate to say it, but since my Xterra started having massive electrical issues and I need to buy something soon, I am probably purchasing a '19 Rubicon with Sky Top tomorrow. New, they're going for $63k pimped out. A 2019 with less than 20K miles (with all the bells and whistles), I'm going to be able to get for around $45k (if my negotiation skills are up to par). If Ford hasn't screwed things up worse, I might trade for the Bronco. Or, I might just keep it. We'll see.

Chris
[/QUOTE]

Look in to the troubles they have been having with the sky top. It is a pretty cool feature but just saying there have been problems.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford has obviously jacked this Bronco rollout up with all their strange packages, colors, and prices. I am curious what you are now looking at instead of that Bronco you were planning on? I was day 1 res holder looking at 4D Base with Sas 2.7 auto, but probably not anymore. Please let me know what you are getting and why.
Please just leave and drop the res so we can move up in line...no one needs the drama queen sob story...you say you’re going, so just be a man and go without seeking out sympathy and people to join you to make you feel better about yourself.

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look in to the troubles they have been having with the sky top. It is a pretty cool feature but just saying there have been problems.
Read a bunch of articles and watched plenty of videos. I don't see too much to dissuade me. The TFL guys freaked out that some water got on the floor when they opened the doors after a car wash. Color me not all that concerned.

Chris

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Read a bunch of articles and watched plenty of videos. I don't see too much to dissuade me. The TFL guys freaked out that some water got on the floor when they opened the doors after a car wash. Color me not all that concerned.

Chris
the guys on the jeep forums weren’t to keen on it but a lot of them weren’t to keen on the diesel either and we still got one. We decided not to get that option as we were already taking a chance on the diesel.

Java9

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 2.7L, 93 Bronco 5.8L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not going anywhere just yet...but I'd be lying if I didn't say Toyota has caught my eye a time or two with the deals on their tacomas right now and the fact I can get a real green! Lol

I'll ride this shit storm out, and if I don't like what Ford is offering/doing when it's time to order then I'll just wait for next year's deals around this time of year to come out again.

Sponsored

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless Ford changes some things on the bronco like the interior choices, then I may back out on my order, plus the Gen 3 Raptor should be released soon. I do not want to cancel, but the only two options I see are canceling the order or continuing the order and taking the Bronco straight from the delivery truck to an upholstery shop for a complete new interior lol. In the meantime a Mclaren 765LT in Tokyo Cyan blue in the works. Here is what it will look like when completed.

IMG_0852.jpeg
IMG_0853.jpeg
I REALLY REALLY want a McLaren but I'm afraid I'm the wrong body type to own one and the roads in PA would beat the absolute piss out of it.

Doesn't keep me from stopping at the dealer in Palo Alto anytime I'm in town.

Kudos to you!

SurlyOne

Wildtrak
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is awesome, you guys are all dropping like flies. I have a late reservation (October) and really don't care about all the minor stuff. I actually hope I get a MY22 so I potentially get more options on delivery and aftermarket options. My XTerra only has 88K so I can go another year if needed NP.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I got a Land Cruiser because it's a mother flipping Land Cruiser.

Didn't drop out because of any of the inconsequential BS people are whining about, though - purely a financial decision. Decided to spend my money in other ways.

Steamroller72

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM Sport Quad Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ram Sport 1500 black on black night edition.

My 3rd 5.7 HEMI to date...

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
its bronco or nothing for me, budget was well within my range before the price change for the automatic + 2.7 BD trim 4D. but now I am just debating a 2D instead to save some change to get the add ons I want or stay 4D no shadow black top among other things.
The fact you have to make sacrifices in what you want because of a late hour price change is why I’m likely dumping my reservation. It’s the final straw for me
Sponsored