Sponsored

What are you buying instead of a Bronco?

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is an interesting forum because nobody actually has a 6th Gen yet and an easy $100 deposit puts you as much in the game as the next guy. Some of us will get Broncos and some won’t. Lots of people on here from different backgrounds and getting the Bronco for different reasons. I’m totally fine with to criticism of Ford as well as those who are Brand Loyal.

once we actually have Broncos there will be a lot more to discuss on here rather than bitching, unless of course there end up being major issues with the truck.
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get the frustration, I really do, I honestly think ford can and should do better communicating with their customer base

as a Toyota owner for the past 13 years and a current owner of a taco, Toyota needs to update their boring ass underpowered engine...
They look ok and they are reliable but they are boring and need a refresh in and out..
The Toyotas are just fine, old, but they do what you expect and generally won't leave you stuck on a trail.

With that said, this is no revelation about Toyotas being reliable. Sure they have their issues, but in dire situation (out in God's country), that Toyota is trusted to get you home.

However, Like you said Jay, they're boring. It's ok to like and want some style; rugged, but style. That's why I imagine you're here.

Toyota will modernize at some point and maybe add turbos to their engines. Since these Toyotas have been around so long, just can't help but wonder why more of these guys haven't gone that way before now?

And I have no loyalty to Ford; never owned one. My brand loyalties have been Land Rover and BMW. I just recognize that the Bronco is setting up to be an amazing off roader.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm a Day 1 Reservation holder and been following the Bronco forever and for the last 2 years on a regular basis with the leaks and the spy shots but honestly since Ford added almost $9k to the Base manual Sasquatch and a 12 months delay, I've been looking for other choices close to the $39k mark. In the last 2 days I found that Jeep is having an Employee Discount Pricing until 01-04-2021 and you can get a Gladiator Sport Manual for $31k, $1k more than a base manual Bronco. A Willy Sport Gladiator on 32" with a Diesel 3.0 for under $39k($37 if you get the Sport). Ford wants to Charge $7k to add 2 more doors and 9k for Sasquatch. That is Ridiculous! FOR 7k more than the price of a Base 2 door Bronco you can get 4 Doors, a 4'x5' Bed, and a 3.0 Ecodiesel 29mpg engine. That is an Excellent Deal. I'm going for that. I'm sure the Bronco will be nice when it's out, but Ford F'd it up for me.
MVIMG_20200216_155711.jpg
Okay just need you to know that the Sasquatch price didn’t change. Ford meant to add the price of the auto trans in because it wasn’t being added before, and when they did they accidentally double charged like idiots.

Great deal on gladiators, that color is awesome, congrats! But just wanted to make sure you know that manual SQ is still 5k

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Would love to get a Bronco. It's the first release I've ever anticipated. Sadly, I can't get one because it won't tow what I need it to. The interior options are making it somewhat easier to walk away from, though. Those 2-tone high contrast interiors are horrible imo.

So, would love to get this:
https://www.landrover.com/explore-land-rover/land-rover-classic/defenderv8.html

but realistically, I'm waiting to see the new Defender 90. Good possibility it will also get a V8. Just don't really trust their reliability.
Other than that, I'm waiting on the next generation mid-size P/U's. If any manufacturer comes out with a mid-size that has the options/luxuries that are available in other segments, I'll buy it.

I recently bought a new Ranger, (which was only suppose tide me over until the 2nd year Bronco was out) so I can wait.

BDub

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport FE, F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have an October Granger reservation for a 2 door but my FE Sport should be showing up within a week. I'll probably just stick with it.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Unless Ford changes some things on the bronco like the interior choices, then I may back out on my order
I'm not happy with the interiors either, however, for MY21, the interiors are 99% locked in, there is only a 1% chance they change them this late in the game. All the engineering and manufacturing steps, contracts and materials would most likley not change until MY22 or the first major refresh.

Builtdadbodtough

Big Bend
First Name
Dad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wtf.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Funny that all of these Toyota "converts" have appeared. Guess you boys had what alcoholics refer to as a "moment of clarity", yeah?

Makes one wonder with the Taco and 4 Runner both now well over 13 years OLD, why you hadn't pulled the trigger on one in all this time?

How's bout that Wrangler, no? Why haven't you gone with the Jeep? Maybe an old Suzuki Samurai jacked on 1 tons and 40s?

Biggest question is why did you reserve the Bronco to begin with and why the heck join a forum called Bronco6G? There won't be much sympathy from us.

Frankly, we can't wait for more guys to bail so we can get our Broncos quicker.

Merry Christmas and see you boys on the trails...

When you do see us on the trails, stop staring at and walkin round our rigs, in some places, that'll get ya shot. ;)
OR if you aren’t planning on buying elsewhere you could have simply kept scrolling. The “haha you suck” crew in here is weird.

Monkey

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition MAX, F-350, a Tesla, & More...
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It seems that unlike many on here, my ideal configuration for the Bronco is now possible as I can get the MGV seats on my Badlands Squatch w/ lux and not sacrifice anything. And since I'm not forced into leather, I'm still a couple hundred $ cheaper than previous B&P pricing even after adding the dual top option with the black painted modular.

All that said, I'm still not ordering until I know what the Warthog is all about... And even then, I'm losing some interest here as I'm probably going to need a new pickup before I can get my hands on the Bronco.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Funny that all of these Toyota "converts" have appeared. Guess you boys had what alcoholics refer to as a "moment of clarity", yeah?

Makes one wonder with the Taco and 4 Runner both now well over 13 years OLD, why you hadn't pulled the trigger on one in all this time?

How's bout that Wrangler, no? Why haven't you gone with the Jeep? Maybe an old Suzuki Samurai jacked on 1 tons and 40s?

Biggest question is why did you reserve the Bronco to begin with and why the heck join a forum called Bronco6G? There won't be much sympathy from us.

Frankly, we can't wait for more guys to bail so we can get our Broncos quicker.

Merry Christmas and see you boys on the trails...

When you do see us on the trails, stop staring at and walkin round our rigs, in some places, that'll get ya shot. ;)
Some people have or currently own Taco's, 4 Runners, and Jeeps. Those that haven't are weighing their options between a truck and a SUV for example. Some people might decide the service a truck bed can offer will sway their decision. And they don't have to wait to buy it. Perfectly reasonable.

You know why people are on this forum. Because they were interested in the Bronco; pretty obvious. They put in the reservation hoping it was going to everything the thought it would be based off leaks and the reveal video. For some people it's not. Like the fact the interiors mostly look terrible. People with reservations did not know this prior to revealing the interiors.

And as I mentioned earlier, people lose interest. They put a reservation in under the influence of excitement and with months to think it over decided it wasn't the best idea. Which could be a very logical choice given circumstances.

Ultimately the people that joined and got a reservation are just like you. They joined for the same reasons as you. It just doesn't fit into their plan. It's not rational to have a problem with that just because you are infatuated with it.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some people have or currently own Taco's, 4 Runners, and Jeeps. Those that haven't are weighing their options between a truck and a SUV for example. Some people might decide the service a truck bed can offer will sway their decision. And they don't have to wait to buy it. Perfectly reasonable.

You know why people are on this forum. Because they were interested in the Bronco; pretty obvious. They put in the reservation hoping it was going to everything the thought it would be based off leaks and the reveal video. For some people it's not. Like the fact the interiors mostly look terrible. People with reservations did not know this prior to revealing the interiors.

And as I mentioned earlier, people lose interest. They put a reservation in under the influence of excitement and with months to think it over decided it wasn't the best idea. Which could be a very logical choice given circumstances.

Ultimately the people that joined and got a reservation are just like you. They joined for the same reasons as you. It just doesn't fit into their plan. It's not rational to have a problem with that just because you are infatuated with it.
It's a Bronco forum Rock. Special interest internet forums are nothing casual, they're fanatical. Try talking Audi on a BMW forum and pop the popcorn. Then there's the Evo vs STI debate which may be closer to your heart.

I like the Bronco, but it isn't perfect. However, many owners will make it into what we can, just like Wrangler owners do given all of it's flaws.

We're discussing in this thread leaving for something else due to a delay, not just because a "better" alternative exists and a lot of guys are impatient in the strangest year I can remember; so delays should have been anticipated.

A lease being up early or some other need aside, If someone still wants a Bronco, a Tacoma will not scratch that itch.

I joined because I want an off road vehicle that I can drive daily so i no longer rely on my old Disco. My original target was the Defender as mentioned before, however, Bronco stole the show.

I'm also good with guys leaving and mentioned wanting many more to roll out so those of us who really want this thing can get it faster.

Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understand a majority of people seeing this are still going to buy a bronco, this thread is for those who are no longer buying a bronco. I would love to know what you are going to buy instead.
This thread belongs on a different forum, like maybe the "Reserved a Bronco because everyone else did, even though I was never a Bronco fan" forum... Or take it back to the Jeep forum, where you can tell them all how you TRIED to troll, but you really just aren't that grwat a troll. Either way, if the pissant reasons you gave are your actual reasons for walkung away (if you ever even had a reservation), you were never going to convert, anyway.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I keep looking at Raptors, but the current gen F150 interior is so mediocre for the price, and I won't be able to afford the next gen Raptor.

If I bail on the Bronco I'm not sure what I'll get. Probably a nice car and a cheap offroader.

Need to do something for next summer now that Ford delayed the shit out of the Bronco and screwed up all my plans.

Last edited:

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a Facebook group question...
Ill wait for as long as it takes, and have been waiting literally years already, so....
Clowns wanna go ahead and buy a ZR2 or a Bison or some other shit because they don't wanna ante up or wait a few extra months, they can go do that...
Good riddance.
Hopefully it just bumps the rest of us up closer to delivery ?

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have a very well-built, purpose-built, Super Duty. I've got a very small lift, 34" tires (can fit 37" reasonably). Set up for camping (or overlanding for those who don't remember when overlanding was called camping) and long distance four wheeling.

I thought I'd buy the Bronco as a cross-over between my commuter car and purpose-built Super Duty, something I could put a RTT and awning on and use as my weekend fishing rig. I'm now considering putting a few thousand dollars into the Super Duty to make it even more off road oriented and keeping my commuter car. Everything is paid off, so if I put a couple thousand dollars into the Super Duty it'd just be that much nicer. My biggest problem is I don't know what else it needs, haha.

I've been shopping the 4Runner and Tacoma hard too.
Can you post pics of your super duty?