Sponsored

What are you cross-shopping the Bronco against?

Reldn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4Runner SR5P, '17 Patriot, '04 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I originally wasn't cross-shopping, and just had this as a backup plan in case of a dealbreaker. Now though? I'm really taking a serious look at a '21 4Runner TRD Off-Road Premium.
Sponsored

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mach-E, RAV4, and the Bronco.

Yeah they aren't at all like each other, but I love the way the Bronco looks, plus it's a manual, a "convertible" and can really go off road. Plus it just seems fun in a way the others aren't.

I eventually would like to get on some trails, and go on some more road trips and the Bronco fits the bill for that. But for now it would be a commuter/family hauler.

The RAV4 I know will be reliable, but it's more like a regular SUV/Appliance. The Mach-E is cool, and was set on the GT, but the cost is a bit high, and the only real thing drawing me to it is the 3.5 sec 0-60.

I wanted an electric car, still do, but it makes more sense for my wife. We're looking at the Model Y for her, or the Volvo XC40 Recharge...she doesn't like the Mach-E.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Being a good consumer and being wise with your money means you always consider your options, even if it's a vehicle you really want.

ZZZZZZzz zzzzzzz........?

;)

tlowell01

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4 door badlands, 2.3L, MT, lux, modular hard top vs 2014 Ford Escape Platinum. If the Bronco wasnā€™t coming out, Iā€™d be sticking with my current Escape for at least several more years.

I was lusting after the Bronco even before it was even announced based on rumor and innuendo. I just struggled with getting a new car before I NEEDED a new car. My car before the Escape was a ā€˜97 Mustang GT that I had from 1997-2013, so I am used to keeping cars a long time. It was actually my wife that told me if you want a Bronco, get a Bronco! Yes, I am a lucky guy :)

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Tacoma Double Cab w/6MT. Waffling on the TRD sport or the TRD Pro.

Would love to wait until it gets a PHEV but I think I need it sooner than that will be available.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Explorer ST
F-150 Platinum
Aviator Reserve 1

KCBRUIN

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 screw 3.5eb
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I bought a 2020 GT 350 this week! This fills the space until the Bronco arrives for me. It is sweet!
Iā€™m so torn right now. If the Bronco were being delivered by new year Iā€™d just wait. Having to wait until spring/summer Iā€™m tempted to just buy something now. The GT350 is a dream car and something the younger me wouldā€™ve had a poster of on the wall. But Iā€™ve got a wife and kids now so a 2+2 that really isnā€™t +2 makes me nervous. Iā€™m a Jeep/Toyota guy at heart. Toyota needs a new powertrain across the board before I go back, and Jeep keeps teasing a V8 that may never come.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A little surprised at the number of people cross shopping with full size trucks. I have a 2018 Tundra I plan to keep but looking for something more maneuverable and fun.

A CUV is the practical choice but Iā€™d rather go with something more exciting like a 2 door Bronco or Jeep (my second choice).
I don't think most people are rock climbing their vehicles, so a truck makes sense. I live in Florida so a truck can do whatever a Bronco could do here. Plus, the F150 is an awesome vehicle. I'm concerned about switching to a different vehicle because I'm so used to this truck and it is so comfortable to drive.

Staticclism

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
230k mile 1996 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Only other new vehicle about to hit the market that I have any interest in is the Tesla Cybertruck. Part of why I'm leaning towards a Base model; the closer I creep towards $50k, the more likely it is that I'll just jump back in line for the Cybertruck.

That said I'm also keeping my eyes peeled for another late '90s / early '00s Audi in decent shape, a manual diesel Golf or Jetta, or - if I get lucky - a fuel injected Bronco for the time being.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Bed with the baby Duramax (with the AT4 package) or a Subaru Crosstrek (with LP Aventure lift and bigger tires).

Sponsored

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So I'm all in on the Bronco, but when it comes time to actually place my order, I will be looking at a few different vehicles to get an idea if the Bronc is really what I want to buy. So tell us, what are you cross shopping the Bronco against and why?

If I order a Bronco, it'll probably be a 2-dr Badlands, 2.7 auto, High Package, Towing Package, Roof rack. Looking at about $50k invoice w/ destination.

Here's what I'm looking at to compare:
2021 F-150 XLT Super Crew w/ 3.5 Hybrid (or 3.5 EB / 5.0 V8) FX4 package - $49k MSRP
2020 F-250 XLT Super Crew w/ 7.3 V8 & Tremor Package - $51k MSRP
2nd Gen. Raptor Super Crew - $45k-$55k depending on miles

And then out of left field:
Jeep TJ soft-top/half doors w/ I6 + 18ft. bowrider boat - $30k-$40k total

The topless cruising that the Bronco and Jeep provide call to me, but also I like big vehicles and big engines, so that F-250 w/ Tremor is really enticing (especially if I can find one with $10k on the hood like most full-size trucks). I have NO need for a truck (but I also have no need for a Bronco).

What will you all be looking at instead of the Bronco? I assume lots of 4Runners and Gladiators?
Nothing!

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m not really Cross shopping with anything else because there is really nothing like it other than a Wrangler. If I donā€™t get a Bronco, I will likely get nothing or a different toy, probably a car like a GT350, M2, M4, used GTR. When youā€™re pricing out Broncos and theyā€™re pushing $60k, makes you think of other possibilities.

MikeBravo

Badlands
First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicorn
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love my commander, wife currently drives it daily. 06 5.7 with 149k on it. 2 water pumps 3 starters 2 sets of front diff bushings and I'd still buy another one tomorrow if they made them. Im thinking the 4door might be a suitable replacement for it..
Yes! I miss it! I had the Limited the year it came out and its the vehicle that got me into Car Camping! When I look back, I must have not realized how good I had it and now I wish I enjoyed it more!

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Im clinging on for dear life to get the Bronco. Extending my lease, then maybe going without a second car for a few months. Then need to possibly swap out my other lease from a sedan to something bigger than the bronco to get more utility. Jumping through a lot of hoops to get this to work.

If there was anything even within similar desirability, i would get it. Much less of a headache. If i came to my senses, i would just lease an X5/Tahoe/VW Atlas Cross Sport in March when my current lease is up.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I'm all in on the Bronco, but when it comes time to actually place my order, I will be looking at a few different vehicles to get an idea if the Bronc is really what I want to buy. So tell us, what are you cross shopping the Bronco against and why?

If I order a Bronco, it'll probably be a 2-dr Badlands, 2.7 auto, High Package, Towing Package, Roof rack. Looking at about $50k invoice w/ destination.

Here's what I'm looking at to compare:
2021 F-150 XLT Super Crew w/ 3.5 Hybrid (or 3.5 EB / 5.0 V8) FX4 package - $49k MSRP
2020 F-250 XLT Super Crew w/ 7.3 V8 & Tremor Package - $51k MSRP
2nd Gen. Raptor Super Crew - $45k-$55k depending on miles

And then out of left field:
Jeep TJ soft-top/half doors w/ I6 + 18ft. bowrider boat - $30k-$40k total

The topless cruising that the Bronco and Jeep provide call to me, but also I like big vehicles and big engines, so that F-250 w/ Tremor is really enticing (especially if I can find one with $10k on the hood like most full-size trucks). I have NO need for a truck (but I also have no need for a Bronco).

What will you all be looking at instead of the Bronco? I assume lots of 4Runners and Gladiators?
I'm keeping my eye on the cyber truck. It's just not an appealing looking vehicle to me though. I'm not a huge fan of Tesla interiors either. They don't even offer Android Auto and Apple Car play. My neighbor just took delivery of a Model Y, and he's selling his Model S. Once you get over the wow factor of autopilot, they aren't super appealing.

Once they put an EcoDiesel in the Gladiator, I'm going to drive it again. The biggest problem I have with the Gladiator is price. I'm going with a Lux'd Wildtrak or Lux'd Badlands 4door, so I'm in the 52k range on a Bronco. The rubicon Gladiator that I drove last weekend was priced at $62k and STILL didn't have all the safety tech in it!!!!!!
Sponsored