Sponsored

What are you cross-shopping the Bronco against?

DontGetBucked

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have an expedition now and the longer I keep waiting for the bronco the more I just think I’ll get one of the newer expeditions or F150s. I like having the full enclosure of the expedition vs the open bed of a truck or Bronco. But the Broncos are so damn awesome.
Sponsored

TJ Freestone

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
First I'm a Ford guy. But this is a big purchase for me. I must look at every option allowing me to feel good about my purchase long term. This has to be based on needs not wants. I am only guessing until the P&B is in place. I want to look at the different trims. I will then compare to a Wrangler and a 4 Runner. I think Ford may be losing customers everyday that the P&B is not up and working and maybe that what they want.

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is my backup. I know the engine is old and sucks at gas but I’ll keep it until the 2022 revamp if the Bronco doesn’t pan out. The color isn’t bad either and it comes with a Yakima rack and matching cooler.
Ford Bronco What are you cross-shopping the Bronco against? 2AFA6C44-4906-46B3-8255-2AC3CC1B1B6C

MachingBird

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2021 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 501A FX-4 w/ Power Boost hybrid engine.

JB93

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m cross shopping against investing $3500 in my 2018 F150 FX4. New wheels, tires, leveling kit, fancy seat covers and maybe a tune now that I’m out of warranty.

Sponsored

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Want a 2.7l black Diamond.....

cross shop with Ranger FX4, Colorado Z71/Canyon AT4, Tacoma TRD Sport/Off-road...

I have always been a truck guy, but there has always been a love for Bronco... and 2 other SUVs that I loved. Mother had a AWD Traverse which was a blast for road trips... and then the family Expedition which took us to 49/50 states. Because of those two SUVs I’ll always consider a SUV. Now.... if in 5 years there is a Bronco that can be used like a Truck then sign me up and I’ll get the best of both. ??

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon.
Been shopping for one for more than a year and was about to buy it when the Bronco was released.

I still look and price the Rubicon to keep perspective, but still have a firm lock on the Bronco.

mismith

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Jeep JKU, 1992 Jeep YJ, ‘71 F100, ‘02 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2 door in HellaYella, 3.6L w/ manual 6 speed.

It’s between that and a 2 door Badlands. The lack of a soft top for the 2 door Bronco is almost a deal breaker for me. I love what I’m seeing but there is absolutely zero freedom with a removable hard top alone......Ford, FIX THIS!!!! It’s lunacy!

You can’t say you’re competing with the Wrangler if you won’t even offer a soft top on the 2 door....SMH

Jmgunn0124

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 TJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had been considering a gladiator until I drove one this weekend. It did nothing to convince me to sell my 2005 wrangler with a manual. The gladiator felt super heavy and underpowered. Even more wobbly than my tj. Hoping the bronco with a manual is a better and more fun drive.

My family is about to grow beyond the size my tj allows. The extra time before the bronco release allows me to save enough to keep my Jeep. Plus the price for the bronco I want is less than the gladiator I would want. If Ford allows A plan pricing, I get to take advantage of that.

DGTUX20

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 TDI Sportwagen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hadn’t been looking but had time on my hands...

2022Tundra TRD Pro(when realessed), Chevy LT Trail Boss, All Tremors, 2022 F150(add upgrades later) and hopefully a new 4Runner isn’t introduced before I’d see my Bronco go into production. Peeked @ mid-sized trucks but it’s either big or Bronco

Can’t afford the TRX, Raptor, Defender, etc

Still on board and waiting but figured seeing what’s in my ballpark couldn’t hurt.

Sponsored

11Bronco1776

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 1994.5 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Torn between saving money and driving meh cars that are just enough or really doing something I swore I never would and buying new....Need vs Wants. There is something about getting an Iconic not your run of the mill vehicle that I am sure my family and I will enjoy, that is pushing me closer to take the plunge.....At over 50k to boot.....

Last edited:

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Tesla truck: really ugly, I mean really ugly.
Rivian suv: A bit expensive and too untested as a company and specific vehicle, otherwise intrigued.
Toyota: a contender but not a progressive, cutting edge truck.
Wrangler: If I was a hard core off roader that did not care about road ride quality, this would be on the short list. Not progressive enough and not endeared to a vehicle known for its "death wobble."
Defender: Price and especially reliability/resale shoot it down.
Bronco please be my salvation!

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Prior to last weekend- I hadn't considered anything BUT the Bronco. I'm currently driving my 8th Ford (a 2016 Mustang).. however, after the continued lies, misinformation, miscommunication (or complete lack of communication), inconsistencies, price changes, Build and Price site that works as if it was built by a 7 year old, delays, etc - I'm done. They keep fucking up this entire experience for us. My excitement level was THROUGH THE ROOF when I reserved on 7/20, I've been obsessing over it for 5 months, but Ford keeps giving us the middle finger and showing us their true colors.
Tomorrow, I've got an appointment to test drive a 2021 Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison. I've never considered a Chevy in my whole (50 year) life .. but now Ford is pushing me there. And, it'lll be $10k less than the Bronco. I'll be trading in my Mustang and will never buy another Ford. They are doing so much damage to their customer loyalty with this shit show, it's pathetic.

Ryderman1

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I made an adult decision after this last b&p update....i am trading in my 2017 titan for a 2007 tahoe 4x4. I will be able to not have a payment at all and put that upcoming bronco payment toward paying off a credit card. Im down below $100,000 on my mortgage and want to be debt free in 6-7 years instead of adding a new 6 year $750 bronco payment.
Sponsored