Sponsored

What are you cross-shopping the Bronco against?

KindaOrange

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None... hurry up Ford!
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If Ford can't get the Bronco to me in time, I'm buying a White 2dr Jeep Willys with Tan soft-top & tan interior.
Sponsored

blumtn

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'83 Toyota 4x4, '93 FJ80, '01 F250 4x4, '86 FXRS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After I made my reservation and realized I was committed to buying another vehicle, I decided to shop around some. I've considered mostly Toyota FJs and trucks (old and new), and even looked at Jeeps. But, I keep coming back to the Bronco. Too many good memories with them (had a '76 many years ago). I want a Bronco. No longer considering anything else.

Comadivine11

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Chevy Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ranger, but I'd wait for the next iteration that's supposed to come with a better off-road package. Or, Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison package. I love the Bronco, it's my top choice, but practicality might win out.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I'm all in on the Bronco, but when it comes time to actually place my order, I will be looking at a few different vehicles to get an idea if the Bronc is really what I want to buy. So tell us, what are you cross shopping the Bronco against and why?

If I order a Bronco, it'll probably be a 2-dr Badlands, 2.7 auto, High Package, Towing Package, Roof rack. Looking at about $50k invoice w/ destination.

Here's what I'm looking at to compare:
2021 F-150 XLT Super Crew w/ 3.5 Hybrid (or 3.5 EB / 5.0 V8) FX4 package - $49k MSRP
2020 F-250 XLT Super Crew w/ 7.3 V8 & Tremor Package - $51k MSRP
2nd Gen. Raptor Super Crew - $45k-$55k depending on miles

And then out of left field:
Jeep TJ soft-top/half doors w/ I6 + 18ft. bowrider boat - $30k-$40k total

The topless cruising that the Bronco and Jeep provide call to me, but also I like big vehicles and big engines, so that F-250 w/ Tremor is really enticing (especially if I can find one with $10k on the hood like most full-size trucks). I have NO need for a truck (but I also have no need for a Bronco).

What will you all be looking at instead of the Bronco? I assume lots of 4Runners and Gladiators?
Before even Bronco was revealed, my 2015 Mustang was coming to end of Lease this year and my Dealer reached out to me saying, they can take the car in 8 months before the end of Lease date. Then I started to look for another car to make up mind and turn the Lease in:

2021 Mercedez benz GLB
2021 Mercedes Benz GLA
2020 Ford Explorer XLT
2017 Audi Q7 (used)
2015 Lexus LX470 (used)

Then Lo Behold I saw the Bronco Leaks and Reveal. I simply went to my Ford Dealer and turned in my Mustang and got a Fusion (got 6000 off on the New Models as this Year will be last production model)as the Lease will end in 2023 and its the right time for me get the Base Bronco.

MikeBravo

Badlands
First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicorn
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Been eyeing the 4 Door Rubicon for years, wanted to wait for the JL launch, and learned about the Bronco. Waited for the Bronco (I'm very patient) and glad I did because it solved for everything I disliked about the Wrangler, which wasn't much, but enough to make the decision easy. Still a big a fan of Jeep and depending on how the Bronco prices out, may still go Wrangler. I've been through a lot of vehicles over the years and the Jeep Commander was my favorite of them all. The Bronco will be my 1st Ford Vehicle (other than the ford engi motorhome)
So I'm all in on the Bronco, but when it comes time to actually place my order, I will be looking at a few different vehicles to get an idea if the Bronc is really what I want to buy. So tell us, what are you cross shopping the Bronco against and why?

If I order a Bronco, it'll probably be a 2-dr Badlands, 2.7 auto, High Package, Towing Package, Roof rack. Looking at about $50k invoice w/ destination.

Here's what I'm looking at to compare:
2021 F-150 XLT Super Crew w/ 3.5 Hybrid (or 3.5 EB / 5.0 V8) FX4 package - $49k MSRP
2020 F-250 XLT Super Crew w/ 7.3 V8 & Tremor Package - $51k MSRP
2nd Gen. Raptor Super Crew - $45k-$55k depending on miles

And then out of left field:
Jeep TJ soft-top/half doors w/ I6 + 18ft. bowrider boat - $30k-$40k total

The topless cruising that the Bronco and Jeep provide call to me, but also I like big vehicles and big engines, so that F-250 w/ Tremor is really enticing (especially if I can find one with $10k on the hood like most full-size trucks). I have NO need for a truck (but I also have no need for a Bronco).

What will you all be looking at instead of the Bronco? I assume lots of 4Runners and Gladiators?
Also all-in on the Bronco. I have been eyeing the 4 Door Rubicon for years, waited for the JL launch, and learned about the Bronco. Waited for the Bronco (I'm very patient) and glad I did because it solved for everything I disliked about the Wrangler, which wasn't much, but enough to make the decision easy. Still a big fan of Jeep and depending on how the Bronco prices out, may still go with a Wrangler. I've been through a lot of vehicles over the years and the Jeep Commander was my favorite of them all. The Bronco will be my 1st Ford Vehicle (other than the ford engine in my motorhome).

That being said, the 1st Generation Bronco has always been a favorite of mine. It was never a practicle purchase which, for me, adds to the excitement around the re-release!

Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this point, it is Bronco or bust for me.

I was previously looking for a new car for my wife (MB GLB and Porsche Macan were options) and I would inherit her Acura MDX but after the Bronco was revealed, I will be getting the new car this time.

CFC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee overland
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gladiator Mojave or Ram Rebel . Can get great deals on either one. But really want the Bronco so I will wait Patiently

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you’re cross shopping the Bronco with another vehicle I am afraid you haven’t really gotten to understand what the Bronco is really about. ?

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The wife wanted an off road rig for herself so we test drove a 4 runner, zr2 bison, gladiator, and the JL!! I made her wait to see what the bronco would be like. She likes the bronco so we will wait.

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm all about the Bronco and am planning to buy one. However, if I weren't going to buy the Bronco currently I would be looking at either the Ranger or Tacoma. I'm happy with waiting for the Bronco though and hope by the time I'm ready to buy another vehicle again the Bronco truck will have been out for a couple of years and I can find a used one and hold on to my current Bronco along with the truck.

Sponsored

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For the same price as the bronco BD +, you can get an Audi Q5 or an explorer etc.. Even the new full size SUV's that kIA and hynduai has are really nice. I'm def going to lease just to avoid spending extra$$ because I'm waiting for my tesla cyber truck that I reserved. Cybertruck might take 2-3 years to receive, since I have over 600k reservations ahead of me

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm not looking at anything else right now. 2022 is pretty far away though. I can't really tell you what will happen between now and then. I can't even decide on which Bronco I want there are so many choices and it will depend on how I am financially a year from now.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm in talks with three dealers right now on leftover 2019 GT350s. I haven't had a sporty car since I sold my '06 GTO.

I'm also considering just going back to another 4 door wrangler since the Bronco I want, velocity blue, most likely wont' be available until 2022 since the color is "late availability." I could drive the wrangler for 2 years then order my velocity blue whenever it actually becomes available.

I actually sold the F150 in my profile pic on carvana after seeing a thread about how much money people were getting. So I'm sans vehicle and getting antsy.
From the Brand Manager today at the Super Bronco event "
  • Velocity Blue said to be available at the same time as all of the other colors "

KCBRUIN

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 screw 3.5eb
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
From the Brand Manager today at the Super Bronco event "
  • Velocity Blue said to be available at the same time as all of the other colors "
Saw that, and that throws a wrench into all this cross shopping talk.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ranger, but I'd wait for the next iteration that's supposed to come with a better off-road package. Or, Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison package. I love the Bronco, it's my top choice, but practicality might win out.
The Tremor package?
Sponsored