Sponsored

What are you cross-shopping the Bronco against?

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I'm all in on the Bronco, but when it comes time to actually place my order, I will be looking at a few different vehicles to get an idea if the Bronc is really what I want to buy. So tell us, what are you cross shopping the Bronco against and why?

If I order a Bronco, it'll probably be a 2-dr Badlands, 2.7 auto, High Package, Towing Package, Roof rack. Looking at about $50k invoice w/ destination.

Here's what I'm looking at to compare:
2021 F-150 XLT Super Crew w/ 3.5 Hybrid (or 3.5 EB / 5.0 V8) FX4 package - $49k MSRP
2020 F-250 XLT Super Crew w/ 7.3 V8 & Tremor Package - $51k MSRP
2nd Gen. Raptor Super Crew - $45k-$55k depending on miles

And then out of left field:
Jeep TJ soft-top/half doors w/ I6 + 18ft. bowrider boat - $30k-$40k total

The topless cruising that the Bronco and Jeep provide call to me, but also I like big vehicles and big engines, so that F-250 w/ Tremor is really enticing (especially if I can find one with $10k on the hood like most full-size trucks). I have NO need for a truck (but I also have no need for a Bronco).

What will you all be looking at instead of the Bronco? I assume lots of 4Runners and Gladiators?

2021 Jeep Rubicon or 2021 F150
Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Explorer ST
F-150 Platinum
Aviator Reserve 1
Friend just got an Aviator Hybrid decked out. Think it was Black Label or the trim directly below. He's obsessed with it. But holy sticker shock, i think it broke 90k. They are having trouble moving the hybrids given negative reviews about the added weight. Think he got around 8k on the hood and snuck in a lease for a tick under 800/mo with not a ton down...the interior definitely gives just about every other car (exc. Bentley/Rolls) a run for its money.

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was about to pull the trigger on a 4Runner Off-road Premium. Considered a Jeep, but they svck as DDs IMHO. Bronoco appears to fill the gap nicely between these two. Now just have to wait...

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Explorer ST
F-150 Platinum
Aviator Reserve 1
I see a few aviators driving around and those are really classy but sporty SUV! Every time I see one it makes my head turn lol I think styling they did a perfect job with

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Right now in my head it is pretty much Bronco all the time lol

But if something changes, then honestly something boring probably.

Mazda CX5 maybe another Mazda6, or a Ford Edge or something like that.

I would love to get a pick up, always wanted an F-150 or even a ranger. They won't fit in my garage though haha and I am not shelling out 40k+ for a vehicle that has to sit under a tree in my driveway through sun/rain/hail/snow/ice

I have 0 desire for a Jeep

Sponsored

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not going to be one of the early Bronco owners. I'm waiting to see what upgrades do to the 2.7l, and improvements for towing like sway bars or air shocks or whatever, and how well the 4 door tows, from owner reviews. I'm considering a lot of other vehicles that have better tow ratings.

dcdtn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Escape, 18 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't think most people are rock climbing their vehicles, so a truck makes sense. I live in Florida so a truck can do whatever a Bronco could do here. Plus, the F150 is an awesome vehicle. I'm concerned about switching to a different vehicle because I'm so used to this truck and it is so comfortable to drive.
I definitely won’t be rock climbing with it anytime soon! I still like my Tundra and plan to keep it, but it’s such a pain in the tight parking garage at work and when parking downtown in general.

RobPS

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, MB E350 Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm not considering anything else, at all. Just biding my time and saving my $$$.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JL Wrangler (obvious answer)
S197 Mustang
Challenger 6.4 (392 or Scatpack)

Misc is Some used car that catches my attention and takes advantage of my impatience

Drove a TJ w/the JK's 6spd, thats out of my system for now

Bronco4me

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura TLX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If I don't get delivery of the Bronco until 2022 and Toyota comes out with an all new 4runner later that year, I will ditch the Bronco.

Sponsored

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm putting the Bronco against just not buying a car at all. If the price and monthly payments don't match what I am able to afford at the time then it's not being bought. Our Jetta is getting old and a lot of parts are going to need to be replaced soon. So either the Jetta gets a few grand in parts or a Bronco is bought. Just need to see how the next year goes in regards to kids activities and new house upgrades, etc.

Nova

Wildtrak
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
velar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I'm all in on the Bronco, but when it comes time to actually place my order, I will be looking at a few different vehicles to get an idea if the Bronc is really what I want to buy. So tell us, what are you cross shopping the Bronco against and why?

If I order a Bronco, it'll probably be a 2-dr Badlands, 2.7 auto, High Package, Towing Package, Roof rack. Looking at about $50k invoice w/ destination.

Here's what I'm looking at to compare:
2021 F-150 XLT Super Crew w/ 3.5 Hybrid (or 3.5 EB / 5.0 V8) FX4 package - $49k MSRP
2020 F-250 XLT Super Crew w/ 7.3 V8 & Tremor Package - $51k MSRP
2nd Gen. Raptor Super Crew - $45k-$55k depending on miles

And then out of left field:
Jeep TJ soft-top/half doors w/ I6 + 18ft. bowrider boat - $30k-$40k total

The topless cruising that the Bronco and Jeep provide call to me, but also I like big vehicles and big engines, so that F-250 w/ Tremor is really enticing (especially if I can find one with $10k on the hood like most full-size trucks). I have NO need for a truck (but I also have no need for a Bronco).

What will you all be looking at instead of the Bronco? I assume lots of 4Runners and Gladiators?
Wrangler 4XE

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I definitely won’t be rock climbing with it anytime soon! I still like my Tundra and plan to keep it, but it’s such a pain in the tight parking garage at work and when parking downtown in general.
I became very skilled at parking my F250 on the UF campus in spaces designed for a Prius. :LOL:

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If there were no Bronco I would be looking at a new Rubicon. JL or Gladiator.

Seiowabow

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Jeep Gladiator with the Eco Diesel. Maybe the Cyber truck if it's ever available.
Sponsored