Sponsored

What are you cross-shopping the Bronco against?

TellurideBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In this order, but I still like the Bronco despite Ford’s best efforts to convince me otherwise.

Jeep Wrangler
Lexus GX460
Mercedes G 550
Sponsored

The_Bronc

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This. But I’ll honestly keep with my Bronco since I res mid july.

2724E4E6-9897-4C95-BCFE-349B122E4708.jpeg

Figment

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I caved. Sarge Green with a body colored top and nice price got me.

Still love the Bronco and may have one some day. But I just felt like I was compromising too much because I wanted to be first.

I had an early day one reservation. So many of you moved up a place. See you out there!

Ford Bronco What are you cross-shopping the Bronco against? CFC9D18C-A761-4F65-8891-7411C55F3C23

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I caved. Sarge Green with a body colored top and nice price got me.

Still love the Bronco and may have one some day. But I just felt like I was compromising too much because I wanted to be first.

I had an early day one reservation. So many of you moved up a place. See you out there!

Ford Bronco What are you cross-shopping the Bronco against? CFC9D18C-A761-4F65-8891-7411C55F3C23
Looks great, how much of a discount did you get?

Sponsored

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
To anyone specifically cross shopping a manual bronco vs a manual wrangler, why are you choosing the bronco? I test drove a manual rubicon yesterday and absolutely loved it! It was so fun, had so much character. Without any one us test driving a manual bronco yet, it’ll be hard to tell, but I’m curious to hear your reasons why you’re still getting a bronco.

before anyone says anything about their quality, I’m a current FCA owner, had many of them, and they’re quality has always been exceptional. I really want to love the bronco tho

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Growing sad as reality of seeing a Bronco within another year and the mess that marketing/IT are making of this.... The Sport BL with BL /tow packages are loaded with all the goodies for 38k! But it's small and I can't go topless. Ridgeline? Looks more like a truck, but the low rider look is sad. The Sport is so small.... Argh.

BBB

First Name
Tont
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m an odd ball, but between a basic bronco with sas/2.7 and a golf r,

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks! About 10% off MSRP.

Insane- few years back you couldn’t ld get dealers to go MSRP on Rubi’s especially in Cali.

Awesome purchase, congrats.

kboom180

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford is really pretty brilliantly putting a very capable off-road vehicle out there that hopefully will have some good manners on the pavement and has rugged good looks. There really isnt a competitor in my mind. The wrangler just looks old, is overpriced and at least in Socal they are everywhere. The 4runner I have always thought to be bloated and too soft looking (and kinda ugly). The Defender is beautiful but expensive and it may not make it off the lot. The Land Cruiser is an ultra- luxury suv. I have a feeling that in the next few years, you're going to see some better looking small off road capable vehicles come out that are priced in the 20-30k range.

Sponsored

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To anyone specifically cross shopping a manual bronco vs a manual wrangler, why are you choosing the bronco? I test drove a manual rubicon yesterday and absolutely loved it! It was so fun, had so much character. Without any one us test driving a manual bronco yet, it’ll be hard to tell, but I’m curious to hear your reasons why you’re still getting a bronco.

before anyone says anything about their quality, I’m a current FCA owner, had many of them, and they’re quality has always been exceptional. I really want to love the bronco tho
I think the 2.3L in the bronco is going to be a better engine. The 3.6 is a workhorse and very reliable, but the 2.3 has 50 ft lbs more torque, and is easily tuned to add 75+ more.

I agree though, the manual 3.6 is a fun little mill. I just hope the shifter and clutch feel in the Bronco aren’t terrible.

NotoriousBDP

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WL74 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, I can’t really call all the vehicles I’m considering "cross shopping", since one is nothing like the Bronco, but the three vehicles I’d looking if things, for some odd reason, do not come through with the Bronco (though I’m still very hopeful for my 4-door Badlands Bronco!) are:

1. Jeep Rubicon 4-door
2. Toyota 4 Runner TRD Pro
3. Land Rover Defender (but the reputation of this one has me leaning toward the Toyota or even the Jeep)

Really, the only reason I won’t go for the Bronco is if I can’t use my existing reservation to keep me on the front end of a MY22 (Only if I decide to go with black mod top/or dual top option, though I have absolutely no issues with the MIC top. Really will depend on the color I end up choosing for the body. For example, if I chose Rapid Red or Race Red, I’d want the black mod top, though I’d be fine with the MIC for A51 or Cactus Gray.)

Last edited:

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Reactions: BD1

Jamyers77

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm looking into Tacoma (Off Road, TRD Pro), Gladiator (Mojave), and the Telluride. The Kia makes the most sense because this will likely be our family vehicle for traveling, BUT I really want to return to a manual. I'm planning on test driving both the trucks in the next week or two.
Sponsored