Sponsored

What are you giving up to get a Bronco ?

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been planning this since I heard the Bronco was a go. I was hoping my 09 Fusion would make it...and it did not...my fault on this one. Thankfully if there is a bright spot in the whole Covid thing I have been working full time remote since mid March and probably will not go back into the office until at least after the new year. Same with the wife so we have been getting by with our 17 Escape and when needed the 94 Mustang.

So I guess I gave up having my daily at a perfect time when I did not need a daily. This is also why waiting for late availability is just not practical for me/us.
Sponsored

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyway just wanted to ask what people are trading in or selling to get into a new bronco and if they are starting to maybe question if their old beloved landcruiser (for example) would be difficult to give up....
I'm giving up part of the balance in my retirement account. I figure I might as well enjoy it as let my children inherit it after I"m gone. ;)

I'm still working on convincing my wife that I need to make this big purchase.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys,

My first post, put in a reservation in September for 4 door BL. I recently moved to the usa and purchased a 2006 cayenne turbo s and fitted some open country tires to it for moderate exploration duties.

I am now on the fence as my old cayenne is fully loaded and is a pleasure to drive. Clearly will be nowhere as capable as the BL offroad. My cayenne was a cash purchase, my ideal BL build will run around 56k which I would be financing. Roughly 1k per month seems like a lot for not a lot of difference in driving experience (on road at least).

Anyway just wanted to ask what people are trading in or selling to get into a new bronco and if they are starting to maybe question if their old beloved landcruiser (for example) would be difficult to give up....

Would be interested to see what the old vs the new feelings are ?

Thanks
Iā€™m not giving up or selling anything for the Bronco. Itā€™s a toy for weekends. I sold my last toy (FJ Cruiser) and want a better one. The thing I am giving up is my dream to buy a heavily built and restored Gen1 Bronco. This is replacing that as a wish.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
1. 2002 Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel with 244k, had for 12 years and put 150k on it. Best vehicle Iā€™ve ever purchased and planned on keeping forever.

and

2. 1996 Toyota Land Cruiser with factory triple lockers, 258k also planned on keeping forever.

Lifelong Cruiser fanatic, Keeping the wifeā€™s ā€˜13 Cruiser and will update that in a few years, but the Bronco will be my daily driver.

Sponsored

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey guys,

My first post, put in a reservation in September for 4 door BL. I recently moved to the usa and purchased a 2006 cayenne turbo s and fitted some open country tires to it for moderate exploration duties.

I am now on the fence as my old cayenne is fully loaded and is a pleasure to drive. Clearly will be nowhere as capable as the BL offroad. My cayenne was a cash purchase, my ideal BL build will run around 56k which I would be financing. Roughly 1k per month seems like a lot for not a lot of difference in driving experience (on road at least).

Would be interested to see what the old vs the new feelings are ?

Thanks
I wouldn't give up a Cayenne or a Land Cruiser for a Ford.

lol.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™m giving up having to make a choice between the Bronco 4dr BD, 2021 Gladiator Sports S Diesel, and 2021 Land Rover 110 S. I love all three for various reasons.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35ā€™s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing. This is want not a need. Iā€™m never selling my Tacoma. Our eldest is 13 so Iā€™m shopping for a new off-road rig that I can daily, kiddo can ā€œuseā€ my truck when she gets her license. I can wait another two years if push comes to shove.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My house. I was planning on selling my house so this is good timing. I will then rent, or live out of my Bronco ?. I've had enough of the home maintenance etc. Want to spend more time camping etc.

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Giving up my Wrangler to one of my sons who turns 16 next year. FCA is giving up an order for a new Rubicon. ?

Sponsored

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
1. 2002 Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel with 244k, had for 12 years and put 150k on it. Best vehicle Iā€™ve ever purchased and planned on keeping forever.
and

2. 1996 Toyota Land Cruiser with factory triple lockers, 258k also planned on keeping forever.
Lifelong Cruiser fanatic, Keeping the wifeā€™s ā€˜13 Cruiser and will update that in a few years, but the Bronco will be my daily driver.
Don't take this the wrong way because I really do mean it in a big brother, sincere loving way:
But, you're an idiot.
-
Sincerely, icavedin
Again, please know that I'm saying this in a lookin out for you type of ting kinda way -- don't fkn do it mate.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not a damn thing! My F150 isn't worth much for trade so I'm keeping it and it will be camper duty

OP
OP

HJ61DON

Badlands
First Name
don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cayenne turbo s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really enjoyed reading these responses. There is some nice machinery here that will be put to pasture for lighter duties or passed on to another careful owner. I guess if this truck is as reliable as Ford would have us/ want us to believe then it will earn its keep in always getting you home. Which I guess is priceless.

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Biggest give-up movers were motorcycles. Said goodbye to a Ducati Hypermotard SP and a KTM 790r Adventure. Said hello to a new Husqvarna FE 501s dual sport and carry it to the dirt to ride. Will trade in my Subaru Crosstrek for the Bronco. NOT giving up the 2017 Porsche 911 C2s or my wife's Lexus RX450h. Next car after the Bronco will be whatever my wife wants. Good chance it will be something electric.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm giving up part of the balance in my retirement account. I figure I might as well enjoy it as let my children inherit it after I"m gone. ;)

I'm still working on convincing my wife that I need to make this big purchase.
You're spending your childrens' inheritance? Have you consulted them? Oh! The Humanity!!!. Leave em' saying F him and the Bronco he rode out on...;)...
Sponsored