Sponsored

What are you giving up to get a Bronco ?

bjellefs

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang, 2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Already gave up my 2011 v6 mustang because because of kids. Needed more rear seat space. It wasn’t anything special, but it was fun to drive and looked great.

I thought I would miss it more, but I was shocked that I didn’t really. I honestly missed my old 1999 jeep Cherokee more and still do, which is maybe why I am going for the bronco.

The other car I am getting rid of is a 2008 Ford Explorer with a leaky exhaust manifold and a slippery transmission servo. No tears will be shed over that POS.....unless it doesn’t survive until my bronco delivery.
Sponsored

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm giving up my boring Corolla. Real sacrifice over here.
Corolla is probably the most pure expression of what a car should accomplish as a tool. Great car tbh
A Corolla, like any modern Toyota, is simply an appliance. They have no soul.

I've got a few wrenches with more soul than a Toyota.
It's been the best budget car I could ask for, and the dealership threw in free lifetime oil changes when I bought it!
You all just made me feel better about why I want to trade in my 2020 Corolla Hybrid. It may get 70 mpg highway/40mpg City, but I swear IT HAS NO SOUL. No amount of environmentally friendly gas mileage will make me smile the way a topless, doorless bronco ever will ?

I bought it "used" at 7500 miles last year. Was forced to buy it because someone hit me and totaled my 2010 fusion. Anyway, I got a hell of a deal on it. I picked the Corolla Hybrid because of its resell value. In about a year when I trade it in, it should still be worth close to what I paid for it because I'll barely put any miles on it.

Markkelly1965

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 09 Expedition, 77 Vette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Lmao wut. You can barely even hear it in the Ranger.

I promise you Fords V6s sound just as bad.
I beg to defer, test drove a Ranger to get a feel for the drivetrain. Could definitely hear that motor. 2.7 in full size trucks admittedly don’t sound great but a little better than the four. I wish it could have the coyote though.

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
About 62K of my money.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

About $50K. :cool:

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Easy... my sanity, my patience, and a few years off my life!

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

40k in cash

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys,

My first post, put in a reservation in September for 4 door BL. I recently moved to the usa and purchased a 2006 cayenne turbo s and fitted some open country tires to it for moderate exploration duties.

I am now on the fence as my old cayenne is fully loaded and is a pleasure to drive. Clearly will be nowhere as capable as the BL offroad. My cayenne was a cash purchase, my ideal BL build will run around 56k which I would be financing. Roughly 1k per month seems like a lot for not a lot of difference in driving experience (on road at least).

Anyway just wanted to ask what people are trading in or selling to get into a new bronco and if they are starting to maybe question if their old beloved landcruiser (for example) would be difficult to give up....

Would be interested to see what the old vs the new feelings are ?

Thanks
I have not decided yet.... but likely I will trade in my BMW M4.

I have had sporty luxury cars for a while now and simply want something different. Nothing our right now catches my eye so I decided to just give an off-road vehicle a try.

Not the smartest financial decision but I can afford to take a hit on trade in if I hate it. It'll be a lesson learned. OR..... maybe I will love it and never look back. Then if I get an itch for speed I'll buy a used car for cash.

Danger Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 GMC Sierra 1500HD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'll be selling 1 of my 2 motorcycles (sell: Kawasaki KLX250; keep: Suzuki DRZ400). If I end up needing it for down payment, I'll sell my beloved Suzuki Samurai as well, though I hope I don't end up needing to.

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just sold my Audi Q5, the $$ is just waiting for a Bronco to buy. Now the long wait since I am sure my second day reservation will be a 2022 model.

Sponsored

Hjhof

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Trading in my 2019 WRX, it was my fun car, I’m getting a 22 so it’ll have given me a good 3 years but with 2 larger dogs and eventually kids down the line just not practical. Plus premium gas is killer. Bronco will fit all my needs plus still be unique and a blast to drive hopefully

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

$50K in cash.:p

Ironjamzz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey guys,

My first post, put in a reservation in September for 4 door BL. I recently moved to the usa and purchased a 2006 cayenne turbo s and fitted some open country tires to it for moderate exploration duties.

I am now on the fence as my old cayenne is fully loaded and is a pleasure to drive. Clearly will be nowhere as capable as the BL offroad. My cayenne was a cash purchase, my ideal BL build will run around 56k which I would be financing. Roughly 1k per month seems like a lot for not a lot of difference in driving experience (on road at least).

Anyway just wanted to ask what people are trading in or selling to get into a new bronco and if they are starting to maybe question if their old beloved landcruiser (for example) would be difficult to give up....

Would be interested to see what the old vs the new feelings are ?

Thanks
I'm giving up 3 years of my life waiting for my Bronco.

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Giving up my travel trailer since it can't tow it safely (weighs 3,500 dry.... SO dang close).
Sponsored