Sponsored

What are you guys paying for extended warranties?

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Also found it interesting that you can use Fordpass points to buy the coverage:

Ford Bronco What are you guys paying for extended warranties? Screenshot_20211109-135117_Chrome

brilltastic

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My dealership offered $2155 for the 8 year 100k. Looking at Flood's website, it appears that the price they quote does not include the key, rental or bulb packages (can we change bulbs in the headlights). Adding those packages it's still $485 less than my dealership. Good find. Thanks

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I asked my dealer to match Flood, they got within $50, so I bought from them.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Also found it interesting that you can use Fordpass points to buy the coverage:

Ford Bronco What are you guys paying for extended warranties? Screenshot_20211109-135117_Chrome
That's exactly what I did with some of my Ford Pass points. Flood makes its easy.
It looks and smells like the actual Ford product...
Because it is- Once it's processed the plan shows up in your Ford Pass Service / Warranty

Sponsored

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the bronco not come with like a 3-yr bumper-to-bumper warranty? What’s the point in buying an additional warranty now?

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Does the bronco not come with like a 3-yr bumper-to-bumper warranty? What’s the point in buying an additional warranty now?
You can buy the extended warranty any time during the initial warranty period. Coverage starts at the date of purchase and 0 miles no matter when you buy it. I would guess that the price increases if you wait.

FordOwner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a few
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealership service departments are extremely busy these days... Thus, when I called them to get service on my current Ford (without an official Ford warranty) They pushed me out three weeks for the next "general diagnostic appointment". 3 weeks....just to drop the off vehicle...

it was not said, but merely suggested that vehicles with the official Ford warranties received priority scheduling...
Back in October, I stopped by my local Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealer to set up an appointment for a few nagging items to be addressed on one of my vehicles. They were happy to slot me in at their first available appointment in February 2022!

Merbronc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT viper GTS/Cadillac Escalade/Audi A6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The fact remains that dealers make a ton of money on extended warranties. And while it is true most consumers do not “break even” on warranties, I don’t mind paying for the “peace of mind” that comes with the warranty. Having said that it does not make financial sense for everyone.

before the internet the dealers made a fortune on these things due to crazy markup. However my last 2 extended warranty purchases (a viper and an Escalade) were madevia the internet at high volumedealers selling with minimal markup. In both cases the difference between my dealers quote and online was thousands of dollars.

I purchase my vehicles new, and keep them for 6-10 years. And after reading about the build quality shitshow this bronco rollout has been, I will definitely be purchasing a warranty. I usually go for the 200 deductible. A catastrophic electronic/transmission/engine repair in the thousands is what I’m worried about.

because you’re purchasing a Ford warranty online and not through your dealer does not make it “third party.”

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Flood isn’t a “third party”. It’s a Ford dealership selling you a product near cost, just like the dealers that sell parts at a discount.

You can even use FordPass points to buy it (I did) and it shows up in your Ford accounts as soon as it’s registered.
Ford Bronco What are you guys paying for extended warranties? 3EC53CA5-5F67-4862-987C-0893431FB51F

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My two cents,

From looking at the prices some quotes here, I probably overpaid this is an area I probably should have been better informed.

I got the extended warranty for a few reasons:
1) prices for parts and labor are going to keep increasing. The extended warranty is some protection against inflation.

2) New vehicle and launch, so added protection

3) with the various off road and electrical components, more margins for error and expensive repairs.

It doesn't take much to reach $2,500 in repairs, especially in the first 100k miles.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our 17 escape blew up in June of this year due to a known issue with the 1.5 4cyl block design. Extended warranty covered the 6k bill. Even figuring the cost of the escape and Bronco warranty we are up 2k+ if nothing else is ever used.

I am very handy and can work on cars but that does not mean I want too...lol.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Extended warranty? No Thank You!

Want peace of mind? Put the cost of the extended warranty ~$2k into your investment of choice and don't touch it. If you have a problem 5 years down the road, use the investment to fix it. If you don't have a problem, you have a little extra cash you didn't flush down the toilet.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Since I am going a distance to buy my Bronco, I will be using Flood Ford. My last dealer included lifetime but that plan requires all the maintenance done at the purchasing dealership.

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Extended warranty? No Thank You!

Want peace of mind? Put the cost of the extended warranty ~$2k into your investment of choice and don't touch it. If you have a problem 5 years down the road, use the investment to fix it. If you don't have a problem, you have a little extra cash you didn't flush down the toilet.
I generally pass on extended warranties. Initially I did on the Bronco as well (glad I did, hard to make an informed decision in the F&I box).

However, with the FE Bronco:
  1. First year of totally new model
  2. Intend to keep long term
  3. Limited driving (not a daily driver)
  4. Numerous electronic modules
Could easily burn through $2700, which is what one might have from a typical $2k investment over 5 years, likely less given current interest rates.
Sponsored