Sponsored

What are you guys paying for extended warranties?

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I never do extended warranties and in the aggregate, over the years, I've made out well doing repairs myself.

However, in recent years its become more difficult to trouble shoot proprietary electron modules. And, in my experience, these are what are failing most often. My Explorer has like 6 of them: ABS, PowerTrain Control Module, Engine Control Module, Occupant Restrain Model, etc. Very little I can do when these fail as you can't replace with a junk-yard part or you get a VIN mismatch, etc. Tools to program VINs in these modules are expensive or non-existent to anyone except a certified Ford repair facility. Tried to get an appointment at a Ford dealer without a service contract lately? I was just put off three weeks by my local dealer....Another topic in itself...for another day...

At any rate, given the Bronco's advanced electronics, I plan to get an extended warranty.
i know several third party companies like FloodFordESP, et al , offer ext warranties for reasonable rates. i.e. $2200 for 6yr/150k miles and $200 deductible. However, I can't find anywhere in their docs that say they cover ECU, ECM, PCM, ABS modules, etc. These are expensive repairs and prone to fail and the shade tree mechanic (myself) can't service these. Thus, I have to rely on the dealer for the repair.

For those of you that have taken delivery, what are you paying, approximately, for Ford Premium Ext Warranty?

BTW, Ford Premium Coverage does cover these electronic modules....Thus, I'm trying to prepare financially for the impending delivery and purchase of the Bronco.
Sponsored

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I paid $1100 for a 7 year extended warranty. One of the forum threads mentioned Flood Ford (floodford.com) as heavily discounting the Ford ESP contracts, which they do. My dealer matched their price after initially quoting me $2300 for the same thing.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I never do extended warranties and in the aggregate, over the years, I've made out well doing repairs myself.

However, in recent years its become more difficult to trouble shoot proprietary electron modules. And, in my experience, these are what are failing most often. My Explorer has like 6 of them: ABS, PowerTrain Control Module, Engine Control Module, Occupant Restrain Model, etc. Very little I can do when these fail as you can't replace with a junk-yard part or you get a VIN mismatch, etc. Tools to program VINs in these modules are expensive or non-existent to anyone except a certified Ford repair facility. Tried to get an appointment at a Ford dealer without a service contract lately? I was just put off three weeks by my local dealer....Another topic in itself...for another day...

At any rate, given the Bronco's advanced electronics, I plan to get an extended warranty.
i know several third party companies like FloodFordESP, et al , offer ext warranties for reasonable rates. i.e. $2200 for 6yr/150k miles and $200 deductible. However, I can't find anywhere in their docs that say they cover ECU, ECM, PCM, ABS modules, etc. These are expensive repairs and prone to fail and the shade tree mechanic (myself) can't service these. Thus, I have to rely on the dealer for the repair.

For those of you that have taken delivery, what are you paying, approximately, for Ford Premium Ext Warranty?

BTW, Ford Premium Coverage does cover these electronic modules....Thus, I'm trying to prepare financially for the impending delivery and purchase of the Bronco.
PremiumCARE (ford.com)
Flood sells the real Ford product so I don't think it's "Third Party"

Jeffal

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The PremiumCARE pdf on Flood Ford's site says the "PCM Module" is covered.

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4 cylinder turbo putting out 300 hp? Yes, I'm getting extended warranty.
I didn't do my research. I went through dealer. The vehicle came with 3 year/36000. I upgraded to 7 year/100k miles for $2200, with $100 deductible.

I have since learned through this site that there are way cheaper options for the same product.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ford-protect-extended-warranty-price.3916/

The flood ford esp numbers seem hard to beat.

Sponsored

SPS4

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I paid a couple hundred more than flood’s price for a 6 year 100K mile warranty. It was worth it to me to just roll it into my note.

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I paid a little over $1600 for 8yr/100k/$100 deductible from Ziegler. Flood was not competitive since I'm in the same state as flood...has to do with local laws not allowing them to sell at different prices similar to some laws with doc fees.

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Paid 1600 to Flood for 8/100,000. I also added FOB and light riders for about $150 more.

the Duff

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Correct. Ford Premium care covers all of those modules. The only things they don't cover are wear and tear, rodent damage, maintenance items, etc. Pretty expensive though.

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did yall go with the Extra Care or Premium Care? First time hearing of this website....I've used extended warranties in the past bought through the dealership and never had issues getting a claim. How difficult is it going through a third party like Ford ESP if there is a claim?

Sponsored

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

https://www.creditkarma.com/auto/i/extended-car-warranty
Not a good investment.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ziegler Ford sells a 6yr/150k mile Ford Premiumcare for $2,490

OP
OP
tn3sport

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for replies. With your help, I found the PCM and related modules listed in the PremiumCare packages offered by Flood. It looks and smells like the actual Ford product... which is good because:

Dealership service departments are extremely busy these days... Thus, when I called them to get service on my current Ford (without an official Ford warranty) They pushed me out three weeks for the next "general diagnostic appointment". 3 weeks....just to drop the off vehicle...

it was not said, but merely suggested that vehicles with the official Ford warranties received priority scheduling...

Given, these labor and supply chain issues are not going away anytime soon, I want to get the official Ford warranty or at least be able to use the Flood quote as a baseline for setting the extended warranty price when I eventually take delivery of the Bronco.

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I paid a couple hundred more than flood’s price for a 6 year 100K mile warranty. It was worth it to me to just roll it into my note.
How? Did you just include that in the total loan amount?

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I did a little analysis on the pricing offered by Flood for premiumcare. I only looked at $100 and $200 deductibles.

The best value appears to be at 8 years, 100k miles and $200 deductible, which works out to 12,500 miles per year. You pay $135 more to lower the deductible by $100 if you choose to do that.

75k, 85k, and 100k options start to converge at 6 years, with 85k being a terrible option (essentially same price as 100k). 125k and 150k options cost diverge from 100k significantly after 6 years.

Ford Bronco What are you guys paying for extended warranties? image001
Sponsored