Sponsored

What are you trading in to get your new Bronco?

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
‘14 Honda Ody currently @90k, the only unscheduled repair was the battery a year ago. Looking at the fulfillment news from Ford, I’ll be stuck with the soccer mom mobile for another 2 years. So I’m guessing that 7year itch is right on time.
Sponsored

bronco247

Wildtrak
First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Hyundai Accent
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wife is buying it for me, she deployed to Afg, and took advantage of the deployment auto sales program. She has a '13 Wrangler, and I still have my (t)rusty '97 F150, she said I deserve a new vehicle. 951k on the odo.
I had a '90 Bronco ii before, it crushed me to lose it(was too poor to afford a new trans), and cant find another when I did have money.

Screenshot_20190830-143037_Photos.jpg
Dammmnnn!!!
951k on the ODO. You might get a new F150 when you hit the 1 Million mark. It might be paid off completely by Ford

PrevCYBRTRKrez

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4dr Badlands, 2020 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm probably going to sell my 2014 F150 5.0 STX. I'd like to trade it in for convenience, but I know I will be losing a few thousand that I would prefer to spend on the Bronco.

JimmyD

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4/2019 Mustang Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2019 Ranger XLT FX4 and possibly my 2019 Mustang (We'll see)

Sponsored

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Trading in my 2018 Mustang GT for it, it's fully loaded and only has 13k miles on it I should do pretty well on the trade I think.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My 2016 Mustang, it will be paid off by the time the Bronco gets delivered. Although starting all over with car payments is no fun, I know I’ll get more value for the trade or private sell if I get rid of it now. I love my Mustang! It was a mid-life crisis purchase. Ford got it right when they introduced the newer body style, in my opinion. I‘d be keeping it if they had not gotten the Bronco‘s look right. But.......they nailed it! ?? Mid-life crisis, take two.......?
I told my husband I was placing the reservation and he said, “No you’re not.” Long story short, I placed the reservation? (He also told me I wasn’t getting the Mustang. He sure was surprised when I got home that day?)
You would think he would have learned by now. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dammmnnn!!!
951k on the ODO. You might get a new F150 when you hit the 1 Million mark. It might be paid off completely by Ford
I tried once to trade it in, they offered me $250 trade in value when in had 930k. I said I would keep it and just buy another truck.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2015 Outback, Premium. 136k on the clock right now.

I was literally days away from buying a new (2016? 17?) LOADED Outback Touring Package when I heard about the Bronco leak .
I bought this one used (55k mi) just to have a decent work car for awhile....in hindsight, I should have bought the new one, it would have been paid for just the same as this one, but would have been worth more and had less miles.

elnorte

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At first I was thinking about trading/selling my '04 Dakota 4x4 V8, but I just can't bring myself to do it. The odd thing is in the last 2 years I have had people stop at my house and offer me cash for it. I never knew there was that kind of demand for a mid size pick up.

tbirdbrian

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thunderbirds, Mustangs, a Lincoln and Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have been going back and forth on this question of whether to trade in or not. I have a DD and several toy cars but my only truck to haul things in is a 2005 Eddie Bauer Excursion. The Ex is still in nice shape, has been paid off for years and has seemingly stopped depreciating. I could get a pretty penny for her to go towards a down payment on my Bronco.

But I don't think the Bronco can actually replace an Excursion, can it?

Sure the Bronco is more sporty, the top and doors come off and it'll go places the Excursion just won't fit. But the Bronco can't haul 7 people and all their junk while towing 12,000 pounds. Granted, now that the kids are in college we don't really family road trip anymore, but I can't see loading drywall and 2x4s in the Bronco. The Ex can fit 12' lumber with the doors closed! And I sure ain't loading my $50,000 Bronco with bags of mulch or rolls of sod.

I really don't need 2 trucks, but is it worth an $8 to $12 thousand dollar down payment to give up my supreme hauler of stuff?

Any thoughts?
Sponsored