Sponsored

What are you trading in to get your new Bronco?

Gquag

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1936 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wanted to create a fun thread about what your trading in to get your new bronco. I'm thinking about either my 2019 ranger or my 2017 mustang gt. Mustangs in Colorado are summer vehicles only and my ranger xlt is soo nice that I'm having heartache trading it in. What are you trading in? and why?
1991 GD250

20201012_123609.jpg
Sponsored

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My Porsche. I don’t really need 2 $50k vehicles. I only drive about 5k miles a year now anyhow.

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My current daily is a 2016 VW GTI, I have realized that I haven't gone to most of my favorite outdoor spots and don't venture up the mountain to see friends and family for months during the winter, that and I hit a large rock in my friends driveway the other day so I need a truck. When I saw the Bronco I was immediately in love, so not I have to deal with being impatient and the Bronco being over a year away... So that is what I will be trading because I can only afford one main vehicle and don't have space for two.

OP
OP
hemiblas

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have been going back and forth on this question of whether to trade in or not. I have a DD and several toy cars but my only truck to haul things in is a 2005 Eddie Bauer Excursion. The Ex is still in nice shape, has been paid off for years and has seemingly stopped depreciating. I could get a pretty penny for her to go towards a down payment on my Bronco.

But I don't think the Bronco can actually replace an Excursion, can it?

Sure the Bronco is more sporty, the top and doors come off and it'll go places the Excursion just won't fit. But the Bronco can't haul 7 people and all their junk while towing 12,000 pounds. Granted, now that the kids are in college we don't really family road trip anymore, but I can't see loading drywall and 2x4s in the Bronco. The Ex can fit 12' lumber with the doors closed! And I sure ain't loading my $50,000 Bronco with bags of mulch or rolls of sod.

I really don't need 2 trucks, but is it worth an $8 to $12 thousand dollar down payment to give up my supreme hauler of stuff?

Any thoughts?
You seem to have quite a few cars.....Yeah thats a tricky one. My daughter hauled bricks in our almost brand new Jeep JL and it didnt turn out well. I can see keeping it just for that.

Sponsored

Noco

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Trail Teams edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll be selling my 2008 FJ Cruiser, trail teams edition. 2” lift, 33” Nitto Trail Grapplers, and Fab Fours bumper.
Ford Bronco What are you trading in to get your new Bronco? 7A1FF1A9-0098-4E8C-B2EE-8B9F3A757524

Last edited:

DK75

Big Bend
First Name
Donna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You would think he would have learned by now. :ROFLMAO:
Exactly, lol
He has come around though, I think he's secretly looking forward to the bronco. He at least entertains my constant ramblings about it.?

tlowell01

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2014 Ford Escape with 72k miles. It's been a solid car but definitely not "exciting" or "fun". I'm in the fortunate position of not having to differentiate dd vs weekend car since my commute (assuming I ever go back to the office) is 1.8 miles round trip. My commuter vehicle is a bicycle.

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco What are you trading in to get your new Bronco? IMG_8437.JPEG

Insurance check ;)

Was totaled in March just before the covid lockdown. Since I've been working from home I haven't replaced it yet as we don't really need two cars right now. Was just about to buy a 4runner or Gladiator when the Bronco was announced, figured I could wait a little longer.

Sponsored

406BRONCO

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
2017 4runner- 2.5" lift, 33's, full front runner rack and other off road goodies..

Not sure what trim level of bronco yet without the build & price but I for sure want-
4 door
Sasquatch package
Transfer case with 4A so my wife is comfortable driving it on roads without having to decide whether to be in 4wd or not.. whatever the cheapest combo for those 3 things ends up being

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2017 Charger RT lightly modded with a 3.09 SRT8 differential, Moroso oil catch can and a pair of thrush welded mufflers.

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have been going back and forth on this question of whether to trade in or not. I have a DD and several toy cars but my only truck to haul things in is a 2005 Eddie Bauer Excursion. The Ex is still in nice shape, has been paid off for years and has seemingly stopped depreciating. I could get a pretty penny for her to go towards a down payment on my Bronco.

But I don't think the Bronco can actually replace an Excursion, can it?

Sure the Bronco is more sporty, the top and doors come off and it'll go places the Excursion just won't fit. But the Bronco can't haul 7 people and all their junk while towing 12,000 pounds. Granted, now that the kids are in college we don't really family road trip anymore, but I can't see loading drywall and 2x4s in the Bronco. The Ex can fit 12' lumber with the doors closed! And I sure ain't loading my $50,000 Bronco with bags of mulch or rolls of sod.

I really don't need 2 trucks, but is it worth an $8 to $12 thousand dollar down payment to give up my supreme hauler of stuff?

Any thoughts?
Keep the Expeditio, cancel collision coverage, and use it for the odd, dirty jobs which are beneath the Bronco’s station.

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Already sold my 2017 Shelby GT 350 to the Ford dealership I am ordering my Bronco from.
Ford Bronco What are you trading in to get your new Bronco? IMG_8437.JPEG
Shame, shame, SHAME! Lol. I need the GT350 side stripes.....

JLongDCC

Wildtrak
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX w/ Coyote 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2013 F150 STX w/ 5.0 Coyote - Tuxedo Black 85k miles
Sponsored