First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Velociraptor 400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I installed the Hammer Built full kit that gives a antenna mount. That's where I put a LED whip on a quick disconnect. I ran the wires thru the tailgate and funnel it inside the loom to the quarter panel and so on up front to a switch. You could terminate right there and dangle your plug for the outlet.
I can even strap a orange flag on it for day use.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Found this, but it's only an idea of what I want as far as portability. I'm thinking a mount to slip over the tailgate on both sides of the spare so it will work with the top on or off. Either a one or two piece design that will hold an SS2 light on each side and just plug into the rear 12V plugin.

Ford Bronco What are you using for chase lights? 1669617126190

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A little late to the thread it appears, but I ran wires from aux 6 to my roof rack and some KC cyclones. I ran the wire along the frame rail in the brake line brackets. Got it to the tailgate and then tucked it up under the top (I have a hard top) then routed it up the hard top to the rack. The KC cyclone v2s have a hole in the middle that you can put a 1/4x2 screw through, and then you just put the little cover over it and you'll lnever see anything. Looks pretty sweet.

Mikerider

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Ranger, Mustang, Focus, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a fenix 400 light bar in the rear window and a rigid dually spot light (amber) on my rear rack.

E013F71E-3D65-4E45-89F7-565FE96632E9.jpeg

591EC7AB-1073-4D7E-8365-573C85FC621A.jpeg

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd like the same solution! I want a pair of chase lights on a bracket, that can be easily removed prior to a trip, and simply run a wire into the cargo area and tap the cigarette lighter for power, remove when done with the trip.

Nobody seems to sell just the bracket, and I'm not sure how much power the cigarette lighter can deliver.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Answering my own question: the 12V socket in the back is rated for 20 amps, at least in the service manual. More than enough power for a couple lights. not sure I'd push that thing to 20 :)

I am thinking I'm going to order the Baja Designs kit, and just make my own solution of the included kit. I had hoped to mount it higher than that though, perhaps i can relocate the lights later. If/when I convert to a hard top, I hope someone creates the same solution you can use on the wrangler where the brackets that hold the glass can hold lights.

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Found this, but it's only an idea of what I want as far as portability. I'm thinking a mount to slip over the tailgate on both sides of the spare so it will work with the top on or off. Either a one or two piece design that will hold an SS2 light on each side and just plug into the rear 12V plugin.

1669617126190.png
Got a link for that or remember where you found it?

Never mind, found it

https://www.jdscustoms.com/product/off-road-follow-light-amber-suction-mounted/

Use code save10 for 10% off

Last edited:

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No, I routed it completely outside. Went along the frame rails, through the rear crossmember of the frame in front of the muffler, then back to the hinge area of the swing gate, threaded straight up through there to the corner of above the tail light. Then just tucked it in to the seams of the top. I'll take some pictures of the top routing after work, when there is light out so everyone can see. I wouldn't say it's perfect, but I didn't drill any holes, and the wires are still tucked in there as they were when I first installed it last month. I might try and find some rubber weather stripping or something to make it a bit tighter so the wires never move, but it isn't that big of a deal. I routed it in some flexible conduit to keep the insulation safe from abrasion against the top. The corners of mine are particularly sharp, so I'd advise anyone using this method to protect the wires from abrasion.

Edit to add pics, hopefully these sort of convey what I tried to describe earlier.

Ford Bronco What are you using for chase lights? 20221129_073132
Ford Bronco What are you using for chase lights? 20221129_073141
Ford Bronco What are you using for chase lights? 20221129_073147

Last edited:

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I used a 4" flood mounted to the upper break light and wired to AUX switch 6. needed something for backing up drive way at night (driveway is a 40 degree up angle then sharp left)

Ford Bronco What are you using for chase lights? rearL
Ford Bronco What are you using for chase lights? image0

Sponsored

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
DangerMTBBronco

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, I routed it completely outside. Went along the frame rails, through the rear crossmember of the frame in front of the muffler, then back to the hinge area of the swing gate, threaded straight up through there to the corner of above the tail light. Then just tucked it in to the seams of the top. I'll take some pictures of the top routing after work, when there is light out so everyone can see. I wouldn't say it's perfect, but I didn't drill any holes, and the wires are still tucked in there as they were when I first installed it last month. I might try and find some rubber weather stripping or something to make it a bit tighter so the wires never move, but it isn't that big of a deal. I routed it in some flexible conduit to keep the insulation safe from abrasion against the top. The corners of mine are particularly sharp, so I'd advise anyone using this method to protect the wires from abrasion.

Edit to add pics, hopefully these sort of convey what I tried to describe earlier.

Looks clean Ryan. I think I will go this direction.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just installed the Diode Dynamics reverse LED pods/bracket on the spare tire today - very happy with how they look - and the reverse lights are BRIGHT! (I went with the S1 pro).. they are red when headlights are on, brighter red when I hit the brakes, and white when in reverse.

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-dynamics-stage-series-reverse-light-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/
Rumor has it that Santa made a stop at that site. (Ok, maybe I saw the credit card charge come through...).
Sponsored