Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What are you using for mud flaps (that also help with rock toss)???
Brands and links appreciated to help everyone.

I see a potential issue in finding some to fit and work based on the design. See Photo.
Typical mud flaps are fastened to and often screwed into the fender lip or just inside. The tires on all Broncos stick out beyond the body and the plastic horizontal facing snap on "fender" then sticks out beyond the body. A typical mount mud flap would be recessed way under that plastic fender lip and potentially not even cover the entire depth (width) of the tire.

Comments....GO !

(thanks to another member for this photo)
Ford Bronco What are you using for MUD FLAPS? TireMUDfla
Sponsored

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you do any rock wheeling don’t use mud flaps. I have seen a lot of fenders ripped off because of them. Now if you don’t plan on wheeling hard then it would be fine. Ye be warned!!

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What are you using for mud flaps (that also help with rock toss)???
Brands and links appreciated to help everyone.

I see a potential issue in finding some to fit and work based on the design. See Photo.
Typical mud flaps are fastened to and often screwed into the fender lip or just inside. The tires on all Broncos stick out beyond the body and the plastic horizontal facing snap on "fender" then sticks out beyond the body. A typical mount mud flap would be recessed way under that plastic fender lip and potentially not even cover the entire depth (width) of the tire.

Comments....GO !

(thanks to another member for this photo)
Ford Bronco What are you using for MUD FLAPS? TireMUDfla
Hey, same here, I want mud flaps, too! I ordered front & back mud flaps from Granger Ford's Parts Department, and they are suppose to mount them when my Big Bend w/Side Steps arrives from MAP's storage lot! If they can't mount the fronts due to the Side Steps, I may have to go to an after-market mud flap! Does anyone out there who has received their Bronco have mud flaps w/Side Steps? My Bronco will be a daily "Mall Crawler," so no off-roading here!

Tunagates

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hey, same here, I want mud flaps, too! I ordered front & back mud flaps from Granger Ford's Parts Department, and they are suppose to mount them when my Big Bend w/Side Steps arrives from MAP's storage lot! If they can't mount the fronts due to the Side Steps, I may have to go to an after-market mud flap! Does anyone out there who has received their Bronco have mud flaps w/Side Steps? My Bronco will be a daily "Mall Crawler," so no off-roading here!
I have the 4 door FE, just normal suburban NJ driving flings up this daily… anyone have any links?

209ED9B3-D3E0-4332-B861-761D18F85471.jpeg

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't find ANY that fit my obx. None. The fender flare is over the step, and the crash bar is in the way. I REALLY need them. My profile pic is clean compared to the amount of mud and dirt that is covering the side of my Bronco daily and after trail rides. Florida = mud and sand.

Sponsored

BL2.7SAS4DR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since I can't get a roof rack because I switched to a soft top, I'm going to use a rear hitch for my snowboards and skiis. Rear mud flaps are a must, so I don't destroy our gear.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FOr the offroading I plan to do. I'll be getting the OEM ones. I'm more worried about protecting my sides from mud and rocks than anything.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it's something I'm looking into as well, I really don't care for the 'rooster tail' of crap up the sides and don't want to toss rocks at those behind me or my bikes if they're mounted back there.

I really like the Garorback ones, since you can take the lower part off easily when you go wheeling and they might be in the way, but $450 for two is just idiotic. Installation also lists at some $300, LOL. If that's not a typo I won't get them, that's just outrageous for some vinyl and rubber. Hopefully some other aftermarket company will have something more affordable. Can't be that hard to design and build.

There are also flaps in the $50 range on the accessories lists and while it says they'd fit my Badlands, I doubt that, since the rock rail is in the way (the Gatorback ones for the front have a hole there). One could cut that hole yourself I guess?

I know some people don't like the look and I can't say I'd buy them for the looks, but I want to protect the sides and rear fender, already seen photos on here what happens to them if showered by rocks and dirt.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

but $450 for two is just idiotic. Installation also lists at some $300, LOL. If that's not a typo I won't get them
I thought that was a typo, too!

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just another thing to fall off on the trail and sit there for 10,000 years.
If you really want something the after market will have these for 20 $ a set soon.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco What are you using for MUD FLAPS? 1631397205914

Just kidding! 😂😂 I'm not going to do mud flaps. I'm going to rely on the 4WP step/rockslider and PPF to protect the Bronco.
Sponsored

Last edited: