Sponsored

What are you willing to give up or buy later?

• Thread starter Deleted member 13702
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Deleted member 13702

Maybe someone already asked this, so sorry if it's a repeat.

I was playing around with build and price again, for about the hundredth time, and was thinking about what I really need vs what I want and what I am willing to wait on.

In thinking about models and options I ended up sticking with the 4-door Badlands building it bare-bones except for the high package and the keypad entry. I'm a casual off roader, but I want to get into over-landing. So the Badlands base features gave me the best bang for the buck. The high package was simple because I want some creature comforts that will be hard to address in the future if they didn't come from the factory.

Otherwise I didn't select a single additional option. I really want the hard top, and even though I'm ok with the MIC top, I want to see the Bronco in person before deciding on the color etc. I would like the winch, but that's an easy aftermarket option, especially after seeing how the factory winch jacks with the forward camera, and while I wanted the Sasquatch package, that too can be done after the fact.

Not saying that when order day comes I won't just go hog wild, but I was impressed that my original build of $56,000 turned to $48,000 which seemed way more appropriate, while also giving me more future options.

Anyone else come have the same idea? What are you willing to give up or order later from the dealer?
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've gotten OK work the mic top... Tho I know in spring and fall I'd love those rear opening windows. And I want the cubbies and slide out tailgate.... Need to see if they allow for both.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same here. Bare bones Badlands with auto and high over BD with mid or OB with high. Donā€™t need anything else but the BL with auto and high.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Rock Sliders, bumpers, skid plates.

Anything less than 3/16" thick plates will die a horrible death on the Southwestern trails.

And 3/16" plate is way too heavy for a factory vehicle.

Sponsored

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Giving up on the led signature headlights from the upgrades big Bend. In order to get a Sasquatch base ??? happy crying

I will definitely upgrade to those aftermarket and my life will be complete. Jejeje

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Iā€™m giving up on the whole thing for now. I wanted to get in on the Granger deal, but Iā€™m going to wait a year and see what changes with the Hard tops, interiors, and maybe package bundles. Iā€™d like a simple cloth black interior, with a cold weather package( remote start, heated seats and steering), B&O stereo, and a black or color matched hard top and the Sasquatch package.

BabyDoc1012

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra, 2019 Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Only thing I really want is a manual. Was thinking manual Sasquatch BD but really donā€™t want to wait. So Iā€™ve switched to Badlands, velocity blue, grill guard and pod lights for 47. I can add level kits and 35s later.

cdawg65

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 bronco2,2019 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Base - Black - 2.7 Auto.My only deal breaker will be when will I get it.If I'm told a 8 - 10 month wait,I'll decline and wait until I can actually see,touch and drive one to order.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd give up any DIO since you can't use Xplan for discount and you can get them anytime anyways. Compare to aftermarket and see which is best for you then​

Sponsored

Hulkbuster19

Badlands
First Name
Mike Moore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
chevy tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Base, Squatch pkg,V6 auto,bimini top, and pre wired switch panel.Bumpers,winch,roof rack, air compressor, off road lights, and any other add ons will be after the purchase.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Iā€™m giving up the outer banks trim line because I canā€™t stomach the interiors . That being said ,badlands is the trim for me.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me it is tow package, headliner, winch. I would like to add all three, plus side steps (still unsure if BD comes with sliders) but I save $3500 at time of purchase and I think the aftermarket will give me better options and all in I bet I am under $1500 in cost. BD, 2.7 SQ, Mid for me.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I gave up on my 4door badlands reservation when the manual transmission Sasquatch was announced as being late availability so Iā€™m waiting for that and saving about $15k going with a 2 door Basemansquatch.

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2 door manual with removable doors and roof are my only must haves. White roof, tow hitch, few other things I'd pay Ford for but I'm not going to pay thousands more just for the privilege to buy things I can buy and install myself...
Sponsored