Sponsored

What are your expectations for the day you take delivery of your new Bronco?

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We waited months for our Mustang (exactly zero info as what the delays was, in comparison I feel over-communicated to with Bronco) and the salesman sends a picture on New Years Day of the car on the trailer. I'm like great, we'll be down. They are like, woah, wait, we haven't prepped it yet. I'm like, well, get on it. Go down, dicker some more on the price and then all the paperwork. Something 3 hours. With the kids along. :cautious: Then they say we can't take it. Need to check it over some more. Nope, taking it home tonight. I said check to see if it has oil and gas and I'll bring it back the next day and you can look it over then. Drove it home. Came back the next day.

So, yeah, I expect something like that. Except the dickering part. And maybe the bow. I'm set on the price.

3H0H1P5.jpg
Sponsored

WonkyBronky

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak, '20 Raptor, Porsches, track cars
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Pick it up, take it home, put it away and wonder what I'm really going to do with it.

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '18 Wrangler Rubicon, '18 R1M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Transport will arrive, I'll inspect the vehicle. I will drive over to service for PDI. D plan pricing and paperwork will already be completed. Then I'll go jump it obviously.

Sponsored

BPMANAZ

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My expectation given how long the wait is looking like....is that I'll sign my loan paperwork and then immediately endorse my first Social Security check.

Bronco-ocnorB

Big Bend
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It means they won’t make scratch and swirl marks by prepping the car and “cleaning it” they make it look all shiny but in reality most dealerships aren’t detailing pros so they are just going to scratch and make swirl marks when they wash it and then they could also scratch stuff on the inside using junk products with an old rag. I either suggest taking it to a professional auto spa right away in your area that has good reviews they will suggest what to go with and the options you have rather it be a pro ceramic coat or sealant and wax or you can go the consumer route and watch YouTube videos (really any YouTuber is decent for this stuff) and get a basic understanding of car detailing main thing is don’t take your car through a automatic car wash and learn the two bucket wash method and basic sealant + wax combo should be good for at least 6 months depending on usage and if you want to go into ceramics you can do that too just be careful if you’re new and do a lot of research. I’ve done ceramic to my wifes car but I personally still run with the old school stuff because I like detailing my car regularly obviously a bronco is a big investment and you want to keep it nice so for a small investment you can keep it looking new any brand is pretty good just stay away from F11 that’s the only brand that’s not worth a dime.
Great info...thanks for taking the time to explain that

WonkyBronky

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak, '20 Raptor, Porsches, track cars
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It means they won’t make scratch and swirl marks by prepping the car and “cleaning it” they make it look all shiny but in reality most dealerships aren’t detailing pros so they are just going to scratch and make swirl marks when they wash it and then they could also scratch stuff on the inside using junk products with an old rag. I either suggest taking it to a professional auto spa right away in your area that has good reviews they will suggest what to go with and the options you have rather it be a pro ceramic coat or sealant and wax or you can go the consumer route and watch YouTube videos (really any YouTuber is decent for this stuff) and get a basic understanding of car detailing main thing is don’t take your car through a automatic car wash and learn the two bucket wash method and basic sealant + wax combo should be good for at least 6 months depending on usage and if you want to go into ceramics you can do that too just be careful if you’re new and do a lot of research. I’ve done ceramic to my wifes car but I personally still run with the old school stuff because I like detailing my car regularly obviously a bronco is a big investment and you want to keep it nice so for a small investment you can keep it looking new any brand is pretty good just stay away from F11 that’s the only brand that’s not worth a dime.
Bronco is a big investment? It's just a cool car.

Of course I don't like dents and serious scratches, but my idea of actually using the Bronco will probably result in scuffs to the wheels and bumpers, along with some natural pinstripes.

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I started timing how long it takes to complete delivery every time I've bought a vehicle since 2001:
Best Time: CJD dealership in GA - was an on-lot purchase. From the time I walked in until I drove off the lot in a new ride: 42 minutes.
2nd Best Time: My current dealership: 54 minutes to complete the sale on my Mustang, but didn't get it until 3 days later (it came from another dealership)

My real expectation is that they will try their usual shenanigans, but I minimize that as much as I can by arranging my own financing first, knowing what options I want, and turning their process on it's head. And I am one of the few how is not concerned with the payment as much as the total I pay. The less interest, the better.

Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I expect that the salesman will show me my new Bronco, making a half hearted attempt to show me the features, and then hand me over to the finance department where I will spend the next hour and a half listening to their sales pitch for extended warranty, pre-paid maintenance and whatever other bullshit they are slinging, for me to eventually say no to all of them. After that I will finally get my keys and then I will find the gas tank that was supposed to be full is only at 1/8th.

Just like every other time I have bought a new car.

530Squatch

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 HD Silverado Duramax Turbo Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love the tailgating idea... that's hilarious and may be a serious consideration for me if some of the local area folks are picking up the same day as I am @Serramonte Ford. I imagine Sean @Gloff will take care of us leading up-to and the day of.

After pickup... man, IDK. Drive home with the Mrs. from SF in traffic in a daze. Definitely cranking up some Credence. Then likely spend the rest of the night and into the wee hours in the garage exploring every nook and cranny, every setting, every feature, making it all mine, etc., before sleeping in it. Knowing my kids, they will join me as they are my own personal Bronco hype committee :giggle:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My expectation is to get my Bronco while I'm still young enought to still drive it.

BIg B. Bronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Every time I visualize myself in my new Bronco it’s with the roof and the doors off. So I guess on the day I go get it from the dealer, I’ll throw the doors in the back and come back the next day to pick up my roof.

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bring it home, put my hardtop in a safe place, bag the doors. Apply tubular doors, bolt on my new rims and tires. Go hit the mud hole behind Cookout on my way to the drive through.
Sponsored