Sponsored

What are your "sacrifices" when thinking about your future toy?

bobbleheadguru

Base
First Name
Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My biggest sacrifice will be selling my corvette that I've had for 19 years - to make room for the Bronco. I can't think of anything that I would sacrifice on the bronco itself.
Yep. I have to sell or trade in my 2016 Manual Transmission Mustang Convertible to get the Bronco. Took the back roads to Ann Arbor the other day. That convertible is fantastic when the weather is nice.
Sponsored

bobbleheadguru

Base
First Name
Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The stinky thing is I don't really want to give up the Area51 & Sasquatch theme (because it fits with my career and beliefs).

How about you folks?
Umm... What does this actually mean?

You like the look?

Or...

You are literally into UFOs, the paranormal, ghosts hunting, extra sensory perception, and Chewbacca-like mythical creatures... and somehow all of this fits into what you do for a living.

OP
OP
Used2jeep

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Umm... What does this actually mean?

You like the look?

Or...

You are literally into UFOs, the paranormal, ghosts hunting, extra sensory perception, and Chewbacca-like mythical creatures... and somehow all of this fits into what you do for a living.
I dig all of the UFO, unexplained, conspiracy stuff.

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€™22 Badlands, ā€˜23 Balands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To Sasquatch or not to Sasquatch. If not, which aftermarket wheels? BFG KO2 33ā€ would be the tire of choice. Cā€™mon up build and price.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Originally I wanted Base+Sasquatch 2 door. After thinking about practicality it went 4 door, and that is solid. Then I went to Black Diamond. Now is where the sacrifice comes in: Do I want the Sasquatch (which really fits my color & package theme: Area 51 Sasquatch). But am waffling now (enter @JAGSarge comment) on Sasquatch/automatic/Badlands/Mid Black Diamond.

The stinky thing is I don't really want to give up the Area51 & Sasquatch theme (because it fits with my career and beliefs).

How about you folks?
Well, lots to consider....
everyone has different needs/budget and I donā€™t know what yours is, but letā€™s talk basics.
1. 2dr vs. 4dr. - I hate the 4 door. I think it looks dumb. But setting that aside, if you have a baby or a 12 year old dog you take everywhere, then get The 4dr but then also donā€™t get the Sasquatch for the same reasons. If Itā€™s space, you donā€™t get a lot of extra with the 4 door. Itā€™s a better value to get a trailer hitch cargo carrier for when you need extra, also hang a net from the top rails that'll give you more room, they sell them for Jeeps.
2. Base vs. bd vs. bl. You get a lot of cool stuff with the black diamond if you want it to be rugged and cool looking. The washout interior is invaluable to me. If you can afford a badlands, then treat yoā€™self.
3. Sasquatch- if Itā€™s just a cool factor, skip it. Itā€™s going to be 6k with the auto! 32ā€ is still really big tires. there is a very informative YouTube on how well the different tire sizes really handle

Iā€™d live with the 32s. If you want cool wheels get some mini moon caps to go with those black diamond Steelies and Spray paint them to match the Area 51. Imagine all the accessories you get for that kind of money....including a dirt bike!

Sponsored

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The sacrifice I'm making is practicality. Practically, I should have reserved a 4 door since we are a family of 4 with 2 rear facing car seats. Instead I reserved a 2 door. I told my wife I'm 29 years old. It's not going to hurt me to climb in the back to latch in the car seats lol.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But am waffling now (enter @JAGSarge comment) on Sasquatch/automatic/Badlands/Mid Black Diamond.
What comment was that? ...or at least the over all gist of it.
Too many threads/posts here to bother searching it out.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I suppose my sacrifice would be getting a new Crew Cab 7.3L F250 any time soon. Not that I would daily drive it, the fuel bill would suck.
My DD is about paid for, so if not for the Bronco, I might actually be getting the Super Duty, maybe spring for the Tremor.

Within the Bronco realm, I am sacrificing the Squatch to retain a manual.
I'm looking forard to making memories in this truck and one of them is teaching my daughter to drive a manual.... a strong request of hers....I'm going to make it happen.

Otherwise , getting an auto would be fine with me, BUT , logically , I cannot comprehend excluding the coveted crawler gear from your highly coveted and most capable offroad package ....on a vehicle whose primary claim to existance is its offroad prowess. The entire concept is contradictiory.

Last edited:

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No sacrifices here lol. Getting what I want

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I really want the lighted sun visors, but you have to get the Mid package. So, Iā€™ll just have to rely on the sun to to provide me with enough light to look at myself in the visor mirror. ?

?

OP
OP
Used2jeep

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What comment was that? ...or at least the over all gist of it.
Too many threads/posts here to bother searching it out.
The meaning is that I was expecting a comment about waffles.

ahobie17

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Toyota 4x4, 79 Chevrolet C10, 07 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
major sacrifice for me is being forced to get an automatic transmission with the 2.7 liter...if It weren't for that I'd be very happy!!!! I WANT A MANUAL!!!
Sponsored

Last edited: