Sponsored

What are your "sacrifices" when thinking about your future toy?

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I like the 2 door and 4 door equally and can’t decide.

2 door is my favorite when the roof/doors are on. 4 door looks better than 2 door when roof/doors are off. So im giving up one of those looks.
Sponsored

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
- an analog am/fm radio with buttons and knobs
- a non-ECU steering wheel that just steers/honks and doesn’t control said headunit

Less shit to break, the better; these short-term conveniencies will be inconvenient long-term IMO, but I’m probably in the minority (at least on this forum).

Last edited:

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ll probably be sacrificing the Sasquatch package if I go with the Black Diamond. I won’t budge on the 2.7L auto and heated seats.

If the squatch is priced right I may throw it on the Big Bend but even with that I’d still be leaning towards what the BD offers...rubber floors, vinyl seats, rock sliders, etc. It’s hard to beat the BD for $40-45k.

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
1) Sacrificing the 2.7L and Sasquatch because you can't get either with a manual transmission.

2) I'll either be sacrificing the front locker and disconnecting sway bar if I stick with my original plan of Black Diamond, or sacrificing a few thousand dollars more to get the Badlands (one of the options I'm hoping to get a la carte on the BD if it's reasonable is the advanced 4WD transfer case, whereas that is standard - plus other goodies - on the Badlands)... Which sacrifice trumps the other one all depends on how much I've saved by the time I place my order, and what the options pricing turns out to be.

3) Sacrificing 36 MPG on my current DD in pursuit of automotive excellence.

So many sacrifices lol. Such a first world problem.

Sponsored

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Base- squatch appeals to my inherit cheepness but then I waffle because BD rubber floors, seats and locker is all I need for Florida and would be o so good with beach sand and boogie boards.

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2.3 vs 2.7 engine
8" vs 12" screen

It all depends on what I can get for what I want to spend. Just waiting on the configuration. All I know for sure is that it will be a 4-door in cyber orange. Either Outer Banks or Badlands (if possible).
It’s a 8.8” screen. I’m getting capability over 3” of screen any day of the week.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I turned my Jeep GC lease in Feb. Been driving my Promaster 250 work van instead of buying or leasing another vehicle.
Please Ford no more delays on availability,it’s killing me ?
Im in the same boat
Turning in my lease, waiting for my bronco to arrive while driving my sons car while he away at college. Next summer when he needs his car back is where it will get real Interesting....

Staticclism

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
230k mile 1996 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
For me it's mostly what package to get. I won't be able to jump on a new Bronco as quickly as I'd hoped, but when I do I'm no longer super sure of what trim to go for. As much as I want adaptive cruise and stuff I think I can skip it to save $6-10k on trim level but considering the other upgrades stepping up to a higher trim will offer it may end up being worth it. I'll definitely be waiting to see what all exactly the build and price tool reveals and going from there. As of now I'm fairly set on as base of a base model as I can get, but the extra niceties of adaptive cruise, the lockers on the Badlands, and the wash out interior on a few of the trims are tempting.

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Time..... hanging on to my old 2000 Ranger... one more winter, hope it makes it

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Possibly no Sasquatch package...

If Man-Squatch is resurrected by the bean counters, then I am in for a long talk with the wife about why I'm buying a car she doesn't want to drive. Otherwise, she may force me to go auto which will "automatically" add on the 2.7L and Sasquatch package.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux package for me. I might sacrifice the hard top (need to see how the soft top even works and what pricing is on dual) but that's it. Haven't bought a new car in 17 years and plan on keeping this one for just as long if not longer, I'll be 72 in 17 years, if I'm even still around. And if I am, I'll probably be fine with some robot car showing up when I want something to take me to town for dinner or errands.
This is going to be the the most expensive (silly expensive) vehicle I ever owned, but it's now or never. YOLO truck for me. Sorry kids, comes right out of your inheritance :)
Not that I plan to leave one, best way to me would be to die the second you spent your last penny on something fun and expensive ?

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The only things I may sacrifice are those that I can't get.
cooled seats
power tilt wheel
memory seat
glass sunroof panels.

I have to get
4 door
Outer Banks
black
lux
leather
power seats
automatic
modular color matched roof

MannyFrescoSC

Badlands
First Name
Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Honda Accord, 18’ Jeep Compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll probably be sacrificing the Sasquatch package if I go with the Black Diamond. I won’t budge on the 2.7L auto and heated seats.

If the squatch is priced right I may throw it on the Big Bend but even with that I’d still be leaning towards what the BD offers...rubber floors, vinyl seats, rock sliders, etc. It’s hard to beat the BD for $40-45k.

I’m on the same boat. Won’t budge on the 2.7 and mid package. Now do I squatch a Big Bend? Or do I sacrifice squatch to get the Vinyl/Rubber floors of the Black Diamond? Won’t be able to make a decision until build and price gets released.
Sponsored