Sponsored

What body color looks best with black painted top?

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is just my lowly opinion so take it with a grain of salt. I see the painted hard-top more practical for those who are never going to take off the top. If you do plan on having quite a bit of open-air fun, I would not option for the painted top and stick with the MIC. It is going to be a lot more expensive to replace the painted top as well. One little bump, drop, or something sliding across the black paint, and it's going to stand out like an eyesore or crack it in the worst case scenario. Coming from someone with a tuxedo black F-150, it doesn't take long before your perfect black paint looks like scratch and swirl city. That is just my .02.
Yeah it's a risk for sure. Not a professional but an armchair detailer dark colors are so hard to keep pristine. Even this lightning blue Mustang has given me headaches when using a foam cannon and air drying it.
Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AMB is much darker in person, and it very nearly looks black in certain lighting situations. Hence the concerns about it “clashing” with a painted black top.
Yes. Black when it is in the shade. But when it's at the right angle in the sun the blue comes out.... I agree it's not as bright as what is shown in the render but that is the color you see when the light is hitting it dead on.

Ford Bronco What body color looks best with black painted top? 1602529503043

AmericanFreedom

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is just my lowly opinion so take it with a grain of salt. I see the painted hard-top more practical for those who are never going to take off the top. If you do plan on having quite a bit of open-air fun, I would not option for the painted top and stick with the MIC. It is going to be a lot more expensive to replace the painted top as well. One little bump, drop, or something sliding across the black paint, and it's going to stand out like an eyesore or crack it in the worst case scenario. Coming from someone with a tuxedo black F-150, it doesn't take long before your perfect black paint looks like scratch and swirl city. That is just my .02.
That is a really good point!

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah it's a risk for sure. Not a professional but an armchair detailer dark colors are so hard to keep pristine. Even this lightning blue Mustang has given me headaches when using a foam cannon and air drying it.
Speaking of taking things off, am I the only one who noticed in one of the videos from the show (forget the name) it looked like the guy put a nice big chip in the door on the black Bronco when it hit the pillar?

It already had me thinking of putting a microfiber doubled over on the corner of the door when I remove them.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Speaking of taking things off, am I the only one who noticed in one of the videos from the show (forget the name) it looked like the guy put a nice big chip in the door on the black Bronco when it hit the pillar?

It already had me thinking of putting a microfiber doubled over on the corner of the door when I remove them.
Can you link the video with the time stamp?

Sponsored

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can't find it at the moment. I was one of the first videos I saw from Super Cel East I believe, where they were showing how to remove the doors. Doesn't seem to be in the news section anymore unless I am completely missing it.

Marine2146

Badlands
First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know this is a sport but rapid red looks best with black top IMO.

6FA2668B-A323-4F86-BA01-5DCD3D93C641.jpeg

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am a bit old school in my ways of viewing color combos.

Any bright color IMO will look really good with the black top. Rapid red, Race Red, School Bus Yellow(cyber organge) and even Velocity Blue.

Colors that will look good with it, Black Carbonized Grey, Oxford White ( Boring combo IMO)

Colors that I think will look terrible with it, Cactus Grey, Area 51 and Anti Matter blue. I just don't think cactus grey or Area 51 will look good with black, I think it would just look odd and Antimatter blue is to dark of a blue to contrast with black
Food for thought, if the wheels are black and the top is black does that really look odd on any color combo? :unsure:

Ford Bronco What body color looks best with black painted top? Capture.JPG

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So everyone wants a black painted top, so when all the plastic trim fades the top won't match?

Ford Bronco What body color looks best with black painted top? IMG_4992.JPEG

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oxford white with black top is my vote, but maybe for another reason.

So find a buyer that is purchasing a black bronco and switch body matched tops. I'd imagine both parties would be elated with this trade. LOL.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Number one on my list. Cactus Gray, Black top, Black Wheels, Black Grille, Black mirrors and Black decals.
2021-Ford-Bronco-First-Edition-Exterior-001.jpg

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So everyone wants a black painted top, so when all the plastic trim fades the top won't match?

Ford Bronco What body color looks best with black painted top? 2021-Ford-Bronco-First-Edition-Exterior-001
Not everyone. Just some of us.

• Haha
Reactions: sjp

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going by sports uniforms as a frame of reference, I'd say red and black or silver and black look best together to my eye.......but I'm not getting either
Sponsored