Sponsored

What bolt do I need here, my ford dealer has no clue!

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't mount a fire extiguister there, its useless due to the spare tire unless your top is off. You want a fire extiguister to be accessible because seconds matter.
I had the same concerns when I mounted mine back there. Unless you have a trailer that blocks the swing gate from opening, it’s pretty quickly accessible.

When I camp the swing gate is open most of the time. I cook on the drop down swing gate table, so the extinguisher is readily accessible. I also sleep on that side of the Bronco, so the extinguisher is at my ankle level.

Getting out of the driver’s door and partially opening the swing gate doesn’t take that long. Yes, you are correct, seconds count. There is a point however, where you probably just need to step back, stay safe, and let it burn.

I did once put out an engine fire on another vehicle in an employee parking lot. Very exciting!! I had a small halon extinguisher in my center console which did the job. It did seem like it took forever to get it out. Hurry!! Hurry!!!

I have been eying the small 2 pack extinguishers I see at Lowes or Home Depot. One might fit under the Bronco seat and the other one for my wife’s car.
Sponsored

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Don't mount a fire extiguister there, its useless due to the spare tire unless your top is off. You want a fire extiguister to be accessible because seconds matter.
Unless you carry a belt-clip fire extinguisher at all times, you’re wasting valuable time.

Me, I’m thinking about getting Spider-Man-style shooters, but instead of web it’s CO2 foam.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the same concerns when I mounted mine back there. Unless you have a trailer that blocks the swing gate from opening, it’s pretty quickly accessible.

When I camp the swing gate is open most of the time. I cook on the drop down swing gate table, so the extinguisher is readily accessible. I also sleep on that side of the Bronco, so the extinguisher is at my ankle level.

Getting out of the driver’s door and partially opening the swing gate doesn’t take that long. Yes, you are correct, seconds count. There is a point however, where you probably just need to step back, stay safe, and let it burn.

I did once put out an engine fire on another vehicle in an employee parking lot. Very exciting!! I had a small halon extinguisher in my center console which did the job. It did seem like it took forever to get it out. Hurry!! Hurry!!!

I have been eying the small 2 pack extinguishers I see at Lowes or Home Depot. One might fit under the Bronco seat and the other one for my wife’s car.
I'm actually of the opinion that it makes a lot of sense to have 2 fire extinguishers, and I like that location for the second one.

I like to have one the driver can reach so he can put out a fire that threatens himself or passengers even if his seatbelt is locked, door jammed by a blockage or destruction, or just plain broken legs, and another that the first person from outside can see and grab quickly to assist. The rollbar is a great location for that extinguisher.

Last edited:

Jerseybraptor

Raptor
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f150/jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I mounted mine so I can access it from Driver seat. Will mount radio next to it. Also carry an extinguisher in my security enclosure drawer in the back.

PXL_20230131_163244247.jpg

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Sponsored

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So my fire extinguisher, still in the original box and under the rear floor next to the jack is not in an optimal location? Rats.

I'm not really sure when I'm likely to need an extinguisher, but the local Jeep guys said that I need one. Got the tow strap and soft shackles too.

If someone could point me at a good way to mount one in a 2-door, I could make it more accessible.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So my fire extinguisher, still in the original box and under the rear floor next to the jack is not in an optimal location? Rats.

I'm not really sure when I'm likely to need an extinguisher, but the local Jeep guys said that I need one. Got the tow strap and soft shackles too.

If someone could point me at a good way to mount one in a 2-door, I could make it more accessible.
I mounted my "driver's" extinguisher just in front of the seat in mine with a mount I made my self because no one was making mounts for there yet;

Ford Bronco What bolt do I need here, my ford dealer has no clue! 1675424618638

Ford Bronco What bolt do I need here, my ford dealer has no clue! 1675424645968

But if you don't want to make your own, there are some other solutions out there now...

Like the one from Desert does it;

https://desertdoesit.com/collection...t-multi-mount-panel-2021-2022-ford-bronco-mmp

Or this universal one from H3R

https://www.h3rperformance.com/products/sm01bk-fire-extinguisher-seat-mount

The Molle Panel one that @Jerseybraptor shows above would work well in a two door as well, but would be a little harder to get to with a passenger in the truck...

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mounted my "driver's" extinguisher just in front of the seat in mine with a mount I made my self because no one was making mounts for there yet;

But if you don't want to make your own, there are some other solutions out there now...

Like the one from Desert does it;

https://desertdoesit.com/collection...t-multi-mount-panel-2021-2022-ford-bronco-mmp

Or this universal one from H3R

https://www.h3rperformance.com/products/sm01bk-fire-extinguisher-seat-mount

The Molle Panel one that @Jerseybraptor shows above would work well in a two door as well, but would be a little harder to get to with a passenger in the truck...
I did something similar but tucked it up tighter.

PXL_20220507_001640717.jpg

PXL_20220507_001726984.jpg

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am mounting mine to the Molle Panel that is now affixed to my roof between the driver and passenger seats. Already have a first aid kit up there. Will update with photos tomorrow as my quick fist mounts come in then.

Ford Bronco What bolt do I need here, my ford dealer has no clue! 1675437517466

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want to mount a fire extinguisher here but need the bolts.
Ford dealer in Las Vegas has no idea, 2 parts guys couldn’t figure it out.
they literally said it was an after market part.
Please help.

These are what I buy for the canvas bimini's I sell.

https://a.co/d/4cRkh0f

They work great all over the bronco where there is a threaded hole.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm actually of the opinion that it makes a lot of sense to have 2 fire extinguishers, and I like that location for the second one.

I like to have one the driver can reach so he can put out a fire that threatens himself or passengers even if his seatbelt is locked, door jammed by a blockage or destruction, or just plain broken legs, and another that the first person from outside can see and grab quickly to assist. The rollbar is a great location for that extinguisher.
I know that everyone will probably make fun of me but….

For $13.00 each at Home Depot, I bough two of these extinguishers one for the Bronco and one for my wife’s car. It fits in the center console of the Bronco AND is in addition to the 1A, 10BC that is in the back of the Bronco.
Ford Bronco What bolt do I need here, my ford dealer has no clue! 07756E1D-C433-47CD-8F48-97A1036D13BF
Ford Bronco What bolt do I need here, my ford dealer has no clue! 81EE477A-8795-40D4-BD74-3AEADD99BD4A

EDIT: The packaging seal over the cap was a bitch to get off. The photos show it removed. I would have hated to be trying to get it off while trying to control a fire.

Last edited:

G-Waggin

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac SRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco What bolt do I need here, my ford dealer has no clue! 81EE477A-8795-40D4-BD74-3AEADD99BD4A

Stainless button head hex sockets in the size posted above. Easily accessible by opening the tail gate without lifting the soft top or HT window.
Have a link to the extinguisher/bracket?
Sponsored