Sponsored

What brand mirror lights did you go with? Amber or white?

Broncojy

Big Bend
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Neon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I Have a few questions..

what brands did you go with and can you post the link and or what you need for mounting hardware?

looking into the rigid ones but also can’t decide on whether to go amber or white.

last thing - if I don’t have aux switches, how would you reccomend wiring/ turning these on?

thanks for all your insight!
Sponsored

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I Have a few questions..

what brands did you go with and can you post the link and or what you need for mounting hardware?

looking into the rigid ones but also can’t decide on whether to go amber or white.

last thing - if I don’t have aux switches, how would you reccomend wiring/ turning these on?

Best price I found for the Rigid Ford Performance lights was on Ebay. They look awesome installed and come with all the hardware. I have been really happy with mine and caps are nice. I have aux switches so I can't help you out on that part.

Screenshot_20211130-204406.png

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I Have a few questions..

I decided to go Baja Designs when I setup my own truck. Granted most of the truck is Baja but I decided to go with the big XL80s.

Diode Dynamics are also VERY popular as well and very well priced.

The Rigid Ones are okay, but honestly they don't throw a lot of light. Also they don't provide a harness so you have to make your own. Baja Designs and Diode Dynamics both offer round bezels.

White is good for clear driving conditions. Amber for bad weather. I'd say go with a White Spot or Combo lens for your pillars.

If you don't have aux switches the kits we offer INCLUDES a push button switch you can install on your dash board. Honestly though, grab one of these for under $160 and use it (I actually run one of these on my Bronco)

Switch Panel: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/auxbea...niversal-led-switch-panel-kit-blue-backlight/

Light Kits: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific/ford-bronco/2021-bronco/

Ford Bronco What brand mirror lights did you go with? Amber or white? Bronco 3 (Small)

Ford Bronco What brand mirror lights did you go with? Amber or white? Bronco 4 (Small)

Check out this video the Pickens family did installing a set of Baja Designs lights on their Bronco (they don't have upfitter switches either):

BroncoPVC

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,Sas, 4dr, Soft Top, Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

SpeedTwin

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought the rigid 360s (non-Ford) with white backlight after returning the Ford Rigid lights. Happy with them but the rigid brackets are bare stainless and not offset/adjustable like the Ford performance version. So you gain the backlight but downgrade on the bracket. And lose the covers. I think the round lights with white backlight match the OEM headlights and DRLs the best. Not a fan of the square lights even if they have round bezels. The 4” Rigid’s offer plenty of light for what I need.

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I Have a few questions..

I went with Baja for the mirrors and Diode Dynamics for the fogs. I’m getting a different headlight switch that has the fog light switch built into it so that I don’t tie up an aux switch or accidentally hit an off-road light.
if you get Rigid, I’ve seen that the Ford version has the backlights disabled…I’d buy just the non-Ford kit.

OP
OP
Broncojy

Broncojy

Big Bend
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Neon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Best price I found for the Rigid Ford Performance lights was on Ebay. They look awesome installed and come with all the hardware. I have been really happy with mine and caps are nice. I have aux switches so I can't help you out on that part.

Ford Bronco What brand mirror lights did you go with? Amber or white? 20211130_225813
I decided to go Baja Designs when I setup my own truck. Granted most of the truck is Baja but I decided to go with the big XL80s.

Diode Dynamics are also VERY popular as well and very well priced.

The Rigid Ones are okay, but honestly they don't throw a lot of light. Also they don't provide a harness so you have to make your own. Baja Designs and Diode Dynamics both offer round bezels.

White is good for clear driving conditions. Amber for bad weather. I'd say go with a White Spot or Combo lens for your pillars.

If you don't have aux switches the kits we offer INCLUDES a push button switch you can install on your dash board. Honestly though, grab one of these for under $160 and use it (I actually run one of these on my Bronco)

Switch Panel: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/auxbea...niversal-led-switch-panel-kit-blue-backlight/

Light Kits: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific/ford-bronco/2021-bronco/

Ford Bronco What brand mirror lights did you go with? Amber or white? 20211130_225813

Check out this video the Pickens family did installing a set of Baja Designs lights on their Bronco (they don't have upfitter switches either):

For what it's worth, I went with the Rough Country lights with white DRL. They cost about $100, come with all the hardware, the wore harness, and a toggle switch to mount on the interior. They come with an amber Daytime Running Light as well.

https://www.roughcountry.com/bronco-led-lower-windshield-kit-71045c.html

I really love the fact that the rigid lights are circular just like the headlights. But those Rough Country lights for the price... Geez thats hard not to just snag those.

Anyway, I do like those switches that can mount on the dash too. I'll probably end up grabbing one of those as well.

Thanks everyone.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I really love the fact that the rigid lights are circular just like the headlights. But those Rough Country lights for the price... Geez thats hard not to just snag those.

Anyway, I do like those switches that can mount on the dash too. I'll probably end up grabbing one of those as well.

Thanks everyone.
Careful... Rough Country lights will rust and get water in them over time. There is a reason they are inexpensive.

Stick with Baja Designs and Diode Dynamics, both brands are assembled here in the United States.

Rigid Industries makes a decent light as well if you want the round 360-Series (which we sell on our site).

Rigid 360-Series: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/led-auxiliary-lights/rigid-industries/360-series/

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone have any experience with the Clearwater’s? https://www.clearwaterlights.com/ in my opinion they look the best just not sure on durability and light output.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Broncojy

Broncojy

Big Bend
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Neon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Any others? - If you could post the link to the ones you purchased that would be great!

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with Diode Dynamic's SS3 Pro in White with Combo optic. Very happy with the result though if I had to do it again today I would go for the new SS5 that are coming out but they weren't release yet when I bought them. Got them from @4x4TruckLEDs.com here on the forum and was very please with pricing and transaction.

Diode Dynamics

First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey there!

We've had several members running our Stage Series SS3 Ditch Light Kit for 2021 Ford Bronco.

Ford Bronco What brand mirror lights did you go with? Amber or white? t15Sfce

Ford Bronco What brand mirror lights did you go with? Amber or white? p3mupck

Ford Bronco What brand mirror lights did you go with? Amber or white? k8JZyA

Ford Bronco What brand mirror lights did you go with? Amber or white? y0cmA4M

Ford Bronco What brand mirror lights did you go with? Amber or white? sHXq4bX

Ford Bronco What brand mirror lights did you go with? Amber or white? P9eDoW9

Ford Bronco What brand mirror lights did you go with? Amber or white? HHpOjmU

Ford Bronco What brand mirror lights did you go with? Amber or white? MKKK0aN

Ford Bronco What brand mirror lights did you go with? Amber or white? cxBSTdh

Ford Bronco What brand mirror lights did you go with? Amber or white? osiOeT3

Ford Bronco What brand mirror lights did you go with? Amber or white? mE4wRVh

Ford Bronco What brand mirror lights did you go with? Amber or white? 53Lfx

It's important to note, our SS3 LED pods have interchangeable TIR optics and snap-on covers to change the color output or beam pattern.

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

No matter the brand you end up going with, we have an installation video on YouTube!

If you have any other questions, I'll be glad to help.

Just a reminder, all forum members are eligible for a free US shipping code. Just DM us!

John C.
Diode Dynamics
Sponsored