Sponsored

What brand mirror lights did you go with? Amber or white?

OP
OP
Broncojy

Broncojy

Big Bend
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Neon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey there!

We've had several members running our Stage Series SS3 Ditch Light Kit for 2021 Ford Bronco.

t15Sfce.jpg

p3mupck.jpg

k8JZyAj.jpg

y0cmA4M.jpg

sHXq4bX.jpg

P9eDoW9.jpg

HHpOjmU.jpg

MKKK0aN.jpg

cxBSTdh.jpg

osiOeT3.jpg

mE4wRVh.jpg

53Lfxpg.jpg

It's important to note, our SS3 LED pods have interchangeable TIR optics and snap-on covers to change the color output or beam pattern.

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

No matter the brand you end up going with, we have an installation video on YouTube!

If you have any other questions, I'll be glad to help.

Just a reminder, all forum members are eligible for a free US shipping code. Just DM us!

John C.
Diode Dynamics
Thanks for all that info. Quick question, do you have another video that shows how to install these lights on a bronco that does not have upfitter switches?
Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for all that info. Quick question, do you have another video that shows how to install these lights on a bronco that does not have upfitter switches?
You can follow this video that Pickens Party of 5 did. They used the Baja Designs lights but the installation is basically identical, just a different brand of lights:

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4x4Truck LED's had a special on Baja Designs Spot's that I took advantage of at the time. No truck but what I like is an amber colored cover that gives you both options.

Fast shipping, great price and great communication. May have to go with LP6's for my capable bumper with them.

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
First Name
ChoSunJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've noticed that no one has mentioned KC lights. Any reason behind that?

Diode Dynamics

First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Any photos of the Amber Backlight on the installed set?
We do not, unfortunately. If you don't have the switches, you would just need to plug the DT connectors into the pods, mount up your power and ground (many people use the battery), and then route the switch that's on the other end of the harness into the vehicle. The video @4x4TruckLEDs.com sent is helpful! We also include a wiring diagram with each kit.

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here's a shot of the Baja Designs XL80 on both our demo trucks

Ford Bronco What brand mirror lights did you go with? Amber or white? Trucks1

Ford Bronco What brand mirror lights did you go with? Amber or white? Trucks2

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I first started looking at lights I saw @Diode Dynamics and thought they were just a down market knock off of Baja Designs and Rigid. I couldn’t have been more wrong. They have the best optics/lens technology and put out more light (where you actually need it) than anyone.

What sold me was this side by side comparison video of the most common options on the market. Very objective and even complimentary of the competition. The data speaks for itself.

I went with white SS3 Pros (combo lens) to use as ditch lights on the A pillars and a less common, but IMO most attractive option, 6” amber SAE fog light bars in the Mod Bumper.

Got a great deal including mounting brackets for the fogs from @4x4TruckLEDs.com on Black Friday.

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I Have a few questions..

what brands did you go with and can you post the link and or what you need for mounting hardware?

looking into the rigid ones but also can’t decide on whether to go amber or white.

last thing - if I don’t have aux switches, how would you reccomend wiring/ turning these on?

thanks for all your insight!
I went with Rigid amber mirror-mounted driving lights and also ditch fogs in the bumper- from Ford to get the mounting hardware included. In Colorado, I find that amber works better for me in snowy/snowing situations and in the woods. Less glare maybe.

Bmars1127

Wildtrak
First Name
Bobbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went with rigid white.
Ford Bronco What brand mirror lights did you go with? Amber or white? 9E9AF602-A0D8-4D4F-9ACB-DDD608D771DD
Ford Bronco What brand mirror lights did you go with? Amber or white? 3ED350B9-8B7B-4271-A4ED-2F53E0BF2E16

Bessiethe67

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 4 Dr, 1967 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Absolutely @diodedynamics

Running the Combo SSC2 with Amber Backlight on my mirrors. Full lens amber backlight (not the faint glow that KC tried with the flex era series) currently on aux 6 so I can run it all day, but soon to be spliced into the DRLs

Ford Bronco What brand mirror lights did you go with? Amber or white? IMG_0461.JPG
Ford Bronco What brand mirror lights did you go with? Amber or white? IMG_0453.JPG

Sponsored

CentralFLBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For what it's worth, I went with the Rough Country lights with white DRL. They cost about $100, come with all the hardware, the wore harness, and a toggle switch to mount on the interior. They come with an amber Daytime Running Light as well.

https://www.roughcountry.com/bronco-led-lower-windshield-kit-71045c.html

Ford Bronco What brand mirror lights did you go with? Amber or white? IMG_0453.JPG
I see nothing wrong with these. I browsed the whole site and they have some really cool stuff like the multiple light controller that You can Mount anywhere if you don’t have the AUX switches and you have the sunglasses holder instead.

Oh yea Bronco!

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10/21/214dr BB, 2.7, A51. & ‘90 Wrangler V6 MT 4.2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey there!

We've had several members running our Stage Series SS3 Ditch Light Kit for 2021 Ford Bronco.

It's important to note, our SS3 LED pods have interchangeable TIR optics and snap-on covers to change the color output or beam pattern.

No matter the brand you end up going with, we have an installation video on YouTube!

If you have any other questions, I'll be glad to help.

Just a reminder, all forum members are eligible for a free US shipping code. Just DM us!

John C.
Diode Dynamics
Thanks for posting, you made my decision easy!

Stlrfan152

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75C5 16Prius 2dr base sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sylvania makes a wiring kit that is simple to install. It's like 20 dollars